Lexus GS 250: Engine Sound Generator?

Rosschang

that's the basic one,

the basic one not mush thing,

top-up 10k for the mid range GS,

got better function,

btw if u are looking @ GS than u should be looking @ E-class/523/XF..

all this is GS range.. [:)]

No more 523. It is 520 only.

↡ Advertisement

Agree with other comments abt fairer comparison of GS250 with 5series or E Class or A 6 .. also to share my experience below:

Was owner of a BMW 523i F10 .. tested the different GS variants (diff days; 6 hrs at least in total) .. thought the BM was a quieter ride even when stressed compared to the new sporty GS. It's also faster than the GS250 off the line, as the in line 6 delivers power instantaneously. However, the GS is easier to handle and relaxing to drive .. esp with the suspension setup, it's easier on my bones when going over humps and the F Sport "sport +" going around bends is a breeze. The specs from "premium" are also much better than my stock BM. If you just need a comfort ride and good specs, the GS250 "premium" will do .. some aftermarket light tune will be enough to make it more responsive. For me, the GS250 will not be able to tempt me over from my BM .. but now I am a happy owner of the GS350 F Sport .. the power and engine/exhaust with "sport +" on .. is additive and always put a smile on my face .. priceless ! [:)]

Oic, but the new 5-series got 523 lei.which model u referring to?

Agent PML does not carry inline 6 cyl 523 .. PI maybe still have. 520 n 528 4 cyl drive feels "hollow" , 535 turbo 6 cyl . Choice : depends on ur drive's needs

Oic, but the new 5-series got 523 lei.which model u referring to?

PML stopped bringing 523 now. All are now 4 potters in this level.

Agent PML does not carry inline 6 cyl 523 .. PI maybe still have. 520 n 528 4 cyl drive feels "hollow" , 535 turbo 6 cyl . Choice : depends on ur drive's needs

VinCAR and other PIs still sell 523s with sunrood and few other additional features at the same price of PML's 520.

Wow... didn't know car manufacturer are going these route liao... what sort of market research are they reading???

and I tot the Vent in the Camero that open to channel engine sound to the driver was stupid... this, is even more absurd...

the sound give the driver a sense of power but not giving them actual power... just in case they can't managed [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Well so long power delivery is still there when you prod the accelerator, there is always the very high end Mark Levinson system to drown out the artificial noise if you are bothered by it.

For discussion sake,

Though on paper the GS V6 is far better than the ES 4 pot, for those who has driven both,  how significant it is?

Luv the rear space of the ES, but the Camry derived IL4 lacked the numbers on paper. Does it feel that inadequate when driven?

So which would you choose then?

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Hamburger said:

For discussion sake,

Though on paper the GS V6 is far better than the ES 4 pot, for those who has driven both,  how significant it is?

Luv the rear space of the ES, but the Camry derived IL4 lacked the numbers on paper. Does it feel that inadequate when driven?

So which would you choose then?

The current ES250 has adequate pick up and go and the engine is reasonably refined and smooth, with a slight snarly edge which is quite pleasant. It still gives the sense of calm and serenity like all Lexus do. The GS250 needs some revs to bring on the performance but its even smoother and makes more interesting noises. I don't like the heavy steering on the GS btw.

Its a tough call but I would give up the space of the ES and stick to a multi-cylinder (ie>4 pots) engine as long as possible before it goes the way of the Dodo.

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The current ES250 has adequate pick up and go and the engine is reasonably refined and smooth, with a slight snarly edge which is quite pleasant. It still gives the sense of calm and serenity like all Lexus do. The GS250 needs some revs to bring on the performance but its even smoother and makes more interesting noises. I don't like the heavy steering on the GS btw.

Its a tough call but I would give up the space of the ES and stick to a multi-cylinder (ie>4 pots) engine as long as possible before it goes the way of the Dodo.

my initial thought too. V6 vs IL4 no brainer.

Need to try out the 2 to see for oneself 

• Praise 1