Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

yes. that's assumption 30k cars to clear in 4 hours

the jam is whole day from 7am to 7pm also got cars going into jb

the question is whether jam 1hr 2hr or 3hrs only!

It is impossible to clear 125 cars per min.

Woodland check point has 4 lanes. Each lane has about 4 ~ 10 booths. Let assume maximum number of booths are open during peak hours, we have 4 x 10 = 40 booths --> Woodland check point can only clear maximum 40 cars per min.

↡ Advertisement

Sat evenings are better than Sun evenings means a lot of cars go in on Sat, stay one night and come back on Sun evening?

friday evenings also very bad jam.... for those going to melaka and further north for short holidays or PR going home.

so sunday evenings are accumulated of friday evening crowd plus sat morning crowd thus sunday evenings is almost triple jam.... 

Though, I'd say at least half of S-plate cars are Malaysian-Singapore PR. Some restaurants you go inside over weekend, 80% talking about their life and work in SG with their friends or family. 几够力一下

Malaysian-Singapore PR will not buy car in Singapore unless they married to a Singaporean.

1. Single Malaysian-Singapore PR will cross Woodland checkpoint by bus or by motobike.

2. Couple Malaysian-Singapore PRs will buy house in SG first, no money left to buy car in Singapore.

Those are talking about their life and work in SG with their friends or family that you saw in restaurant may not cross Woodland checkpoint by car.

Let assume:

1. Same 20,000 SG cars go in JB via Woodland check point on Saturdays and Sundays. I.e 20,000 cars go in on Sat, 20,000 cars go in on Sun.

2. No car stay overnight. I.e all cars will do 1 day trip, go in and come back within same day.

If these 2 above are true then followings will also be true:

1. Sat mornings go in can not be worse than Sun mornings go in.

2. Sat evenings come back can not be better than Sun evenings come back.

Here are what I observed:

1. Saturday mornings go in are always crowded than Sunday mornings go in. It means that number of cars go in on Saturday is always greater than number of cars go in on Sunday.

2. Saturday evenings come back are always better than Sunday evenings come back.

1 + 2 mean a lot of cars go in on Saturday and stayed overnight - - > a lot of Singaporeans have second house in JB.

You remind me of my uni stats class. If XXX is true, YYY must be true. If YYY is true, it doesn't mean XXX is true. 

Don't need to have second home in JB. Stay hotel, AirBnB once a week is good enough. I do that sometimes if I've a lot of things to do. Join the Saturday morning crowd, by the time reach JB lunchtime or 1pm already. If do day trip then I've to rush.

Of course a lot are Malaysian PRs too. 

Imagine last weekend was considered like a normal weekend already so crowded. 

It will be worse during CNY, December holidays and other long weekend. 

Very hard to predict the pattern nowadays because people see no jam, they go in spontaneously even though they have nothing specific to do. That was me last weekend. 

Whatever goes in needs to come out. So 4 hours Sunday evening JB-SG. 

Malaysian-Singapore PR will not buy car in Singapore unless they married to a Singaporean.

1. Single Malaysian-Singapore PR will cross Woodland checkpoint by bus or by motobike.

2. Couple Malaysian-Singapore PRs will buy house in SG first, no money left to buy car in Singapore.

Those are talking about their life and work in SG with their friends or family that you saw in restaurant may not cross Woodland checkpoint by car.

eh not true leh... i have friends (couple are both Msia-SG PR) that buy car in singapore to drive back every friday evening because a whole family of 4 (husband, wife and 2 kids) then its easier to go by car than bus especially if their home is slightly further away like austin height or skudai area. 

friday evenings also very bad jam.... for those going to melaka and further north for short holidays or PR going home.

so sunday evenings are accumulated of friday evening crowd plus sat morning crowd thus sunday evenings is almost triple jam.... 

Yes, correct. Sunday evenings come back are accumulated of Friday evening crowd plus sat morning crowd plus sun morning crowd.

I drove to melaka before. Frankly speaking, I felt driving on 110kmh high way was very dangerous even though I drove during daytime. So I don't think Kiasu Singaporeans will dare to drive up north on 110kmh high way AT NIGHT on Friday evenings. Kiasu Singaporeans will stay Friday night at their second house in JB and drive up north on Saturday morning.

My theory is “a lot of Singaporeans have second house in JB”. They go in JB every Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. They stayed overnight in JB and caused the jam on Sunday evenings when everybody rush back.

(edited)

20-30mins? too optimistic la ... kheng one

these are sporean cheong weekend home? lol

post-7984-0-72695000-1552008416_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

Next weekend is school holidays, poor Singaporeans will get JAM 5 hours again. SG government will very happy to see its citizens get JAM.

• Praise 1

Woodlands checkpoint has most stupid design in the world. If you are coming back to Singapore from JB, you will see truck lane is at leftmost side. All incoming cars will be stopped to give way for trucks to cross all lanes from leftmost side to rightmost side. What a most stupid design!

Whenever, I was stopped at Woodlands checkpoint to give way for trucks to cross all incoming lanes, I could not stop repeating myself from saying: What a most stupid design in the world!

Next weekend is school holidays, poor Singaporeans will get JAM 5 hours again. SG government will very happy to see its citizens get JAM.

Going in next weekend, hope wont jam too bad.

Heng i take train :grin:

Hey, I will read book next weekend! 5 hours can read a lot of pages and earn $20 dollars! What a wonderful pleasure job awaiting me. Read book and earn $4 dollars per hour! Where else on Earth will poor Singaporean can find such wonderful job?

• Praise 1

What about returning back to Spore late at 10-12pm on Sat or Sun, any bad jam?

Safer to return between 2pm-5pm on a weekend, after 6pm could jam till pass midnight.

Supersonic

Safer to return between 2pm-5pm on a weekend, after 6pm could jam till pass midnight.

I think safe to return between 2-4pm on a weekend, esp malaysia side would be quite clear. From 4pm traffic might be high.

• Praise 1

I think safe to return between 2-4pm on a weekend, esp malaysia side would be quite clear. From 4pm traffic might be high.

After 4.00 pm trucks from Singapore side will start to cross all incoming lanes from leftmost side to rightmost side. he he.

And when trucks from Singapore side start to cross all incoming lanes, jam will start from Woodlands checkpoint all the way jam to inside JB CIQ. he he

And when JB CIQ start to jam inside, half of JB, areas outside of JB CIQ will start to jam as well.

All of Jam is started with trucks from Singapore side start to cross all incoming lanes from leftmost side to rightmost side. he he.

↡ Advertisement