Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

it’s school holiday fault! [laugh]

after school holidays, its Qing Ming which also going to be super crowded. after Qing ming then only it will get better before the next holiday. 

• Praise 1

Woodlands checkpoint has most stupid design in the world. If you are coming back to Singapore from JB, you will see truck lane is at leftmost side. All incoming cars will be stopped to give way for trucks to cross all lanes from leftmost side to rightmost side. What a most stupid design!

Whenever, I was stopped at Woodlands checkpoint to give way for trucks to cross all incoming lanes, I could not stop repeating myself from saying: What a most stupid design in the world!

How long have you been using the causeway? Currently those trucks are using the old wdlands checkpoint which had been unused for a very long time. There is a goods vehicle inspection lane under the current checkpoint but due to heavy usage the older checkpoint was reopened for goods vehicle during the weekdays. There are times where the old checkpoint was open for cars coming back during the weekend.

I think safe to return between 2-4pm on a weekend, esp malaysia side would be quite clear. From 4pm traffic might be high.

I kana once at 1 pm on a sunday. Saw the causeway very light and made a dash. Lo and behold.........coming back kana stuck and the line started from Petronas (alternate entrance).......after my customs it was smooth....

Turbocharged

Sorry to say... But whoever going in today, is jus asking f0r it.

bo pian lah... not like parents can set their own school hols

every holiday = mother father jam!

2nd link sibei jialat when you see cars right after the bridge

experinced once during SG50 long weekend .... stuck 5hr+ ... [sweatdrop]

post-7984-0-98090800-1552733583_thumb.jpeg

post-7984-0-32568500-1552733590_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

post-14834-0-62533900-1552736263_thumb.jpg

Beat the jam app, with reference to last year 1st term holiday data, it seems like the jam is worst then last year 1st term holiday. So either there are more cars going to jb or custom clearing now slower.

Sorry to say... But whoever going in today, is jus asking f0r it.

Just now around 11plus fetch rider to Woodlands train checkpoint. The queue starts at Woodlands Ave 3 exit on the extreme right lane, further down abit its all lanes cars all queueing. That's how bad the jam it is.

Turbocharged

make deal with the dr... increase water price a bit in exchange for holiday season max counters open + control of lane cutting.

the problem is worsened by lane cutting at iskandar ciq... normally 2 lane queue, slow but moving. but no control so becomes 5 lanes or more depending on how many the facking hyundai starexs decide... so the 'good people' lane will see no movement because downstream hundreds of cars trying to cut in.

make deal with the dr... increase water price a bit in exchange for holiday season max counters open + control of lane cutting.

the problem is worsened by lane cutting at iskandar ciq... normally 2 lane queue, slow but moving. but no control so becomes 5 lanes or more depending on how many the facking hyundai starexs decide... so the 'good people' lane will see no movement because downstream hundreds of cars trying to cut in.

So how long did you get stuck?

it is super long weekend from Sat to next Sun ...

16-24 Mar school holidays !

ICA already warns ... so no fault

it’s parent fault for causing the mother father jam! [laugh]

ownself blame ownself ...

you have to understand there are at least 1+ million

1. singapore pr - msian

2. sporean - either mom or dad is msian

3. sporean both

they need to bring their children go back msia to meet grandpa grandma and also go msia jalan jalan during school holiday

confirm mother father jam for every school holiday!

just keep calm stuck in jam

use rubber band and plastic bag for you know [sly]

for me i will cheong tonight

stuck 1-2 hrs instead of 4-5 hrs during the day

simply crossover to jb and check in hotel ... [laugh]

tomorrow wake up ... go yumcha before heading north

Today the jam really so scary! As if like some super long weekend!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

This morning, i reached Tuas checkpoint around 5.50am and jam started at the tunnel. It is a moving jam so not too bad, about 45mins cleared SG side. Crossed the bridge and wa lan er. Cleared MY custom only at 9.10am. Total 3+ hours from SG to MY.

No choice, signed up for Audi Driveaway so had to brave the jam.

post-2654-0-78116900-1552744465_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

it is super long weekend from Sat to next Sun ...

16-24 Mar school holidays !

ICA already warns ... so no fault

it’s parent fault for causing the mother father jam! [laugh]

ownself blame ownself ...

you have to understand there are at least 1+ million

1. singapore pr - msian

2. sporean - either mom or dad is msian

3. sporean both

they need to bring their children go back msia to meet grandpa grandma and also go msia jalan jalan during school holiday

confirm mother father jam for every school holiday!

just keep calm stuck in jam

use rubber band and plastic bag for you know [sly]

for me i will cheong tonight

stuck 1-2 hrs instead of 4-5 hrs during the day

simply crossover to jb and check in hotel ... [laugh]

tomorrow wake up ... go yumcha before heading north

Wonder how to keep calm when stuck in jam for 4-5 hours? Lol. Think even stuck for 1-2 hours i already go crazy liao. 

↡ Advertisement