Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Just back from MY. MY side jam started at tunnel on EDL. 30mins to clear custom. SG side super clear. At home watching F1 now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

What sort of values are the parents imparting? Skip school to go holidays? I am being judgemental again but the kids are definitely paying for the parents stupidity.

I know what you mean. In other countries, parents get fined and summoned to court for taking their kids on holiday during the school term, because they can't afford to pay peak holiday prices or are unavailable during the school holidays. In Singapore, I think the mentality is to avoid the peak crowds and prices (be it land checkpoints or flights) and since exams would have ended, missing the last one or two days of the school term is no big deal, since parents excuse letter is quite powerful in our local education system.

"Boy, we will come back earlier and you go for your tuition class to catch up on those two days of school that you missed. After this overseas trip, it's time you work hard for your studies."

You forgot right after Singapore school holidays is the start of Malaysia school holidays. Jam everyday all the way till end of March!!  [shakehead]

I was still planning to book hotel on 30-31 Mar that weekend to run errands, purposely avoiding this school holiday week. 

• Praise 1

Since when kids can skip school during school term to go holiday de?

Nowadays just need to provide letter from parent to show children not awol themselves.

I know what you mean. In other countries, parents get fined and summoned to court for taking their kids on holiday during the school term, because they can't afford to pay peak holiday prices or are unavailable during the school holidays. In Singapore, I think the mentality is to avoid the peak crowds and prices (be it land checkpoints or flights) and since exams would have ended, missing the last one or two days of the school term is no big deal, since parents excuse letter is quite powerful in our local education system.

"Boy, we will come back earlier and you go for your tuition class to catch up on those two days of school that you missed. After this overseas trip, it's time you work hard for your studies."

I was still planning to book hotel on 30-31 Mar that weekend to run errands, purposely avoiding this school holiday week.

The kids are indirectly being told holidays are more important than school and money can buy values. I rather pay than impart wrong values.

Nowadays just need to provide letter from parent to show children not awol themselves.

So school must accept such letter given by the parents now? Lol.

Turbocharged

why die die must cheong yesterday?

today can eng eng cheng cheng clear within 1hr

all so kiasu must cheong on Sat ...

the thinking is to save 1 day but actually stuck 5-6 hrs in jam?

In fairness this is all hindsight. Could have been clear yesterday and jam today. Its all an art.

yes, Sat jam is 99.99%

year after year .... it has been proven and proven

Sun jam is at least 50-50 ...

In fairness this is all hindsight. Could have been clear yesterday and jam today. Its all an art.

• Praise 1

By left... yes... Otherwise, what do you expect the school to do? Call the parents up to question the letter and risk getting told off. Reject the letter and pursue penalties for playing truant on the child, call the parents and kana from the parents? 

It's a very thankless job really, one wrong move, you offend the parent, some unreasonable parents will take offence forever, which means suffering years of that parent's nonsense until the child graduates. Most schools will close one eye to avoid putting the child in a difficult position. 

• Praise 1

yes, Sat jam is 99.99%

year after year .... it has been proven and proven

Sun jam is at least 50-50 ...

The jam is 99.99999% at jb side on Sunday evening and can take up to 4hrs to clear! Dun be fooled by Sg traffic cams. Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 7

By left... yes... Otherwise, what do you expect the school to do? Call the parents up to question the letter and risk getting told off. Reject the letter and pursue penalties for playing truant on the child, call the parents and kana from the parents?

It's a very thankless job really, one wrong move, you offend the parent, some unreasonable parents will take offence forever, which means suffering years of that parent's nonsense until the child graduates. Most schools will close one eye to avoid putting the child in a difficult position.

Time has really changed, last time where got like this de. Lol.

So far my children (3) school has never questioned the letters (countless over the years).

It is the parent's responsibility.

I just saw a SSA car plate earlier on. Time really passes. haha. Do you all think there will be SSS?

now is only SMH?? i have not seen SMJ yet.... 

I just saw a SSA car plate earlier on. Time really passes. haha. Do you all think there will be SSS?

It's not a SG registered plate.

Now only SMJ...

It's not a SG registered plate.

Now only SMJ...

apparently he is not local and not posting in singapore.

now is only SMH?? i have not seen SMJ yet.... 

Car plate already roll until SMJ 7**** liao. Very fast SMK coming soon.

↡ Advertisement