Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

The Checkpoint.sg app is getting inaccurate.

4pm enter JB 90mins, App say 205mins. At 3+pm when I left home it state 111-235mins

Return midnight 35 mins.

I find Beat the Jam's algorithms on the estimated time better than Checkpoint.sg. I still use Checkpoint.sg to see the cameras more easily. Beat the Jam have to tap a few buttons to see the cameras. 

The estimated time is also dependent on the number of people that turn on other apps like Google Maps while crossing the causeway, where Google will calculate distance travelled vs time taken. Ideally, more people on Google Maps, the more accurate it will be. However, not everyone has roaming package on their SG SIM card and if it's queuing traffic, many people are playing with their phones than be on Google Maps. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I find Beat the Jam's algorithms on the estimated time better than Checkpoint.sg. I still use Checkpoint.sg to see the cameras more easily. Beat the Jam have to tap a few buttons to see the cameras.

The estimated time is also dependent on the number of people that turn on other apps like Google Maps while crossing the causeway, where Google will calculate distance travelled vs time taken. Ideally, more people on Google Maps, the more accurate it will be. However, not everyone has roaming package on their SG SIM card and if it's queuing traffic, many people are playing with their phones than be on Google Maps.

I also use Beat the Jam apps but it’s also not very accurate. Still need luck.... so can only pray every time trying to go in or come out.

Turbocharged

welcoming our bro and sis back to sinkieland ... huat ah

The real Q is actually here, Q cutters alot, won't be able to move.  [laugh]

post-7510-0-57600100-1563088093_thumb.png

The real Q is actually here, Q cutters alot, won't be able to move. [laugh]

this is where Starex deliver its awesome performanc to cut Q right before the split between bus and car after the overpass ... can cut waiting time from 3hrs to 30mins ... huat ah!

(edited)

Not only starex.. a few sedan msian plate and SG plate cars do that too

msia traffic police will be waiting there ... with a smile

but nothing rm50 cannot solve ... muahahaha

starex with 7 pax ... simply take it as part of operating cost and covered by passenger fees ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

msia traffic police will be waiting there ... with a smile

but nothing rm50 cannot solve ... muahahaha

starex with 7 pax ... simply take it as part of operating cost and covered by passenger fees ... huat ah!

they can make more trip by doing so and the RM50 is nothing

they can make more trip by doing so and the RM50 is nothing

They might enjoy season cutter rate? Wahaha....

Soon, someone will work out something....

(edited)

They might enjoy season cutter rate? Wahaha....

Soon, someone will work out something....

yes. starex drivers typically know the traffic police and greet them hi boss ... today got operation ar ... lol Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Who kenah?

If I were the first car in the q, I wouldn't stay there. I would overtake and siam first. Odds kanna explosive debris is greater sitting there than making a quick pass.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

If I were the first car in the q, I wouldn't stay there. I would overtake and siam first. Odds kanna explosive debris is greater sitting there than making a quick pass.

Ya the distance is too near. Want stop and wait at least wait further away.

Driver blur is it? If engine overheat, normally have to stop immediately and get car towed. Keep driving, is one sure way to get yourself in the news for the wrong reasons