Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

For me, I had long stop going to JB for whatever others are appealed to. Used to frequent JB weekly for petrol but still remember there was one trip, I was stuck for 1hr from BKE to Kranji road. Decided to abort the trip by turning into Woodlands road and leave.

Since then, had never go to JB for leisure. But still frequent KL/Ipoh to catch up with friends. That's why I posted earlier, there should be a route just for people to go further north and not stuck in jam with other JB-wannabe... Joke aside...

To each of his own, many still find the allure of going to JB but I believe many were not prepared for the mother of all jam. Yes heavy traffic, but not to this extent.

is going to Malaysia in long weekends really so appealing ?

For me, I had long stop going to JB for whatever others are appealed to. Used to frequent JB weekly for petrol but still remember there was one trip, I was stuck for 1hr from BKE to Kranji road. Decided to abort the trip by turning into Woodlands road and leave.

Since then, had never go to JB for leisure. But still frequent KL/Ipoh to catch up with friends. That's why I posted earlier, there should be a route just for people to go further north and not stuck in jam with other JB-wannabe... Joke aside...

To each of his own, many still find the allure of going to JB but I believe many were not prepared for the mother of all jam. Yes heavy traffic, but not to this extent.

Only stuck for 1 hour is small case la. Actually if you can survive through such crazy jam, think you would become a person who have super good patience and mental strength with powerful endurance. Lol.

That 1 hr was way back in 2012-13 period if I can remember. It wasn't as bad as now and then was more predictable.

I must say I do have good endurance when I am inside the car but like most, when you are already in the queue, what can we do except to wait it out. If there is a choice which I had that prompted me to abort the trip last Thursday, I will take it even I had booked hotel in KL.

I look at how traffic flow just before entering the complex in JB (coming back to Sg), the bottleneck is there. They should not plan so many routes. If you see how when you go into JB from SG, all cars are formed up nicely less few Q cutting, the traffic actually move and you send at most 30mins on the bridge even when traffic from JB backflow into SG custom. 

IMO, Msia should divert all cars entering SG into EDL and have good enforcement to ensure the queue moves slowly. 

Only stuck for 1 hour is small case la. Actually if you can survive through such crazy jam, think you would become a person who have super good patience and mental strength with powerful endurance. Lol.

Where's the toilet when you stuck in a jam?

If you walk to Sgp custom for toilet break, remember to bring along own passport. Cos the officer will not allow you to turn  back to the car, got to take bus to jb to continue the journey. Happened few years ago then no more JB trip for me.

• Praise 1

That 1 hr was way back in 2012-13 period if I can remember. It wasn't as bad as now and then was more predictable.

I must say I do have good endurance when I am inside the car but like most, when you are already in the queue, what can we do except to wait it out. If there is a choice which I had that prompted me to abort the trip last Thursday, I will take it even I had booked hotel in KL.

I look at how traffic flow just before entering the complex in JB (coming back to Sg), the bottleneck is there. They should not plan so many routes. If you see how when you go into JB from SG, all cars are formed up nicely less few Q cutting, the traffic actually move and you send at most 30mins on the bridge even when traffic from JB backflow into SG custom. 

IMO, Msia should divert all cars entering SG into EDL and have good enforcement to ensure the queue moves slowly. 

Indeed once you got stuck in the queue, nothing you can do but to wait it out. But the stop move traffic or completely stop traffic could make a person feel anxious and restless, no fun at all. Imagine if you are alone in the car even worst. Lol. I have a friend who told me before when she got stuck once in sg traffic jam, maybe like 1 hour plus she feels suffocated inside the car and the feeling not very good.

Edited by 13177

Indeed once you got stuck in the queue, nothing you can do but to wait it out. But the stop move traffic or completely stop traffic could make a person feel anxious and restless, no fun at all. Imagine if you are alone in the car even worst. Lol. I have a friend who told me before when she got stuck once in sg traffic jam, maybe like 1 hour plus she feels suffocated inside the car and the feeling not very good.

For me it's different. I am perfectly fine if I'm alone in traffic jam, watch drama/fb etc or even just listening to radio.

The "anxious and restless" for me is if I stuck in peanut butter jam with my kids.

• Praise 1

Was she alone?

If stuck in the car with you, you can help her loosen up.