Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

I suggest both govt come together to start a ERP system with dynamic pricing. That will smooth out the traffic some what.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i use 3 sources, Jalannow.com to see cam, apps to check their estimate and finally, the most important google map showing traffic mapping. I saw RED colouring the whole route leading to msia custom at 2nd link after SG custom. No way it is 1-2 hrs.

WAZE was also not very accurate on the day when the mother father jam happened... However I do agree Waze gives better view of the situation and all the needed information 99 out of 100 times...

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

8hrs jam is ok. It's a personal choice. For me, I chose to relax in SG catching up with friends ... instead of going over JB for cheaper food, petrol, happy ending. Cos me not a cheapskate.

• Dislike 4

8hrs jam is ok. It's a personal choice. For me, I chose to relax in SG catching up with friends ... instead of going over JB for cheaper food, petrol, happy ending. Cos me not a cheapskate.

Not everyone who does that is a cheapskate.

Just food itself taste much better, more variety, traditional.... and of course cheap lah

• Praise 5

Wow such arrogance Edited by thebutcher

Not everyone who does that is a cheapskate.

Just food itself taste much better, more variety, traditional.... and of course cheap lah

• Praise 2

Caught in a jam might not be a bad thing.

The family can interact and communicate in the car.

i see more like blaming each other   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

The one who calls others cheap stake is first cheap stake of all . Stop stirring shit in the forum.

There are people who live here who have families, relatives and friends on the other side of the causeway including me. So the primary reason for people to take off and head over to Malaysia could be to catch up with their families and friends. 

Driving is the most convenient way of getting around when in Malaysia and hence people prefer to drive across instead of taking buses or catch flights. 

I suggest both govt come together to start a ERP system with dynamic pricing. That will smooth out the traffic some what.

Sorry bro, does that ERP shit solve the traffic situation in Singapore? It just postpones or pre-pones the problem. Paying is not the only solution to every problem.

In fact be careful what you wish for, if in case this comes true, even bus / lorry prices would go up significantly affecting a large part of the population who depend on buses / lorries for their commutes/ transportation of goods to and from Malaysia. If the transport costs go up , the cost of the items go up too...

Just my 2 cents!

• Praise 12

Caught in a jam might not be a bad thing.

The family can interact and communicate in the car.

Depends, if let's say wife get fed up with the jam and then in the car is total silence. = gg

One thing I couldn't quite figure out. Everybody will roughly knows the peak of the peak jam, either going in or coming back. But everybody still go in at such timing. 

And despite apps and traffic cameras showing jam, people still decide to go. 

I drove to Melaka and KL over last long weekend too. But I have plan A and plan B, for both in and out of Malaysia. Quite fortunate for us, we don't need to activate plan B. I went in on 8 Aug and came back on 12 Aug. About one hour to clear both customs each way 

Some take jams as part of the holiday experience. Its like a battle star for being so brave to endure 8-15 hours jam. Then can come forum, WhatsApp chat, Instagram, Facebook to kpkb one is authentically Singaporean.

Cos kpkb is a very Singaporean trait. One day pass no kpkb about life, govt, erp, traffic light, phv, taxis, pmds, Radx, oops, one scare lose citizenship.

Ownself jam never mind, can go jio 3rd Uncle, 6th aunty, Cousins A-Z plus Neighbour Ah Rich and colleague Ah Poor then all can say "so cheap so cheap" when shopping and eating.

• Praise 9

I also don't think need impose any solutions.. Anyway whatever solutions imposed cannot please everybody one, end up just another group kpkb

Personal choice la really, who's to say that worth it/not worth it to spend 8 hours in a jam for a jb weekend?

• Praise 1

I also don't think need impose any solutions.. Anyway whatever solutions imposed cannot please everybody one, end up just another group kpkb

Personal choice la really, who's to say that worth it/not worth it to spend 8 hours in a jam for a jb weekend?

To put it succinctly, opinions are like dog's tails...Every dog has one!

Last weekend was especially bad cause its two public holidays in one weekend.

Cant complain about the MY customs being understaffed - its hari raya haji afterall.

Also, dont have to be arrogant to insinuate that people who cross over to malaysia for leisure are cheapskates. As mentioned, its a personal choice.

• Praise 10

One thing I couldn't quite figure out. Everybody will roughly knows the peak of the peak jam, either going in or coming back. But everybody still go in at such timing.

And despite apps and traffic cameras showing jam, people still decide to go.

I drove to Melaka and KL over last long weekend too. But I have plan A and plan B, for both in and out of Malaysia. Quite fortunate for us, we don't need to activate plan B. I went in on 8 Aug and came back on 12 Aug. About one hour to clear both customs each way

I didn’t anticipate the jam on Aug 8 12pm. Only clear SG and Malaysia custom at 2pm
↡ Advertisement