Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Turbocharged

Really super crazy, i rather rot at home and bored to death also would not go through such ordeal. [laugh]

Lol that's what I did... Wife doing revision with kids to prep their exams.

I became a rotting couch potato

↡ Advertisement

how to have a proper conversation when everyone like this?

the best option is already keep quiet and everyone look at their phones

until the kid yelling want to go peeeee

Caught in a jam might not be a bad thing.

The family can interact and communicate in the car.

post-7984-0-27596900-1565779569.jpeg

Come on guys, our SG government where got so stupid, they purposely maintain the status quo.

Me n my msia colleagues all think so too, the jam is beneficial to the SG government, why shld they care.

Imagine if crossing the border is so smooth n fuss free, which johor msian worker will continue to stay rent places n eat/shop in SG while SG citizens might choose to live over there n commute to work daily for the sizable savings they reap if do so, these all have a huge impact to our economy.

I'm very confident the jam will last till we lost the currency advantage n become a lesser nation to Msia.

My advice for beating the jam, at minimum level, leave early 1 day at 530am n return later 1 day before 1pm.

Why don't they just impose an exit tax on Sgeans leaving the country via JB and Tuas, that would be the govt's usual modus operandi? Can collect money and discourage spending overseas. They could also learn from the MY govt by openning half the counters during peak period. That would cut down on operating cost. Less custom officers on duty during weekends and public holidays, lagi better for SG.

At the airport too, if they could do it. If makes perfect sense from the revenue angle.

Edited by Voodooman

Errrr, dont throw stones at me ar.

Why not do it like what Thailand does to their land border crossing. Only allow two land crossings for other countries except immediate neighbours.

So SG also can impose only 2 or 5 or whatever the government wants land border crossing per persons. Sure to cut down on the jams and up SQ and MAS revenue.

• Praise 3

Lol that's what I did... Wife doing revision with kids to prep their exams.

I became a rotting couch potato

You really rot for 4 days on the couch ah?
  • Praise 1

Errrr, dont throw stones at me ar.

Why not do it like what Thailand does to their land border crossing. Only allow two land crossings for other countries except immediate neighbours.

So SG also can impose only 2 or 5 or whatever the government wants land border crossing per persons. Sure to cut down on the jams and up SQ and MAS revenue.

• Praise 1

What was your PLAN A and B bro ?

Target is Sunway Lagoon

Going In (8 Aug)

Book a cheap room in Melaka. In case too late to go straight to Sunway

hit custom immediately sch release the students. cross over if there is min jam. Stay 1 night in Melaka

Delay to later if there is massive jam. I reckon it will be too tired and late to go straight to Sunway. So, rest at Melaka

Coming Back (12 Aug)

I reckon must hit custom before lunch. Hence, we woke up early. Be the first guest at hotel breakfast table and check out before 7am and straight to custom

I know you're joking abt the implementation by SG but the Thai quota is very inconvenient for genuine tourists. It's meant to target long term stayers that abuse the social visit visa. Still don't understand why SG (ASEAN country) is not exempted.

btw, I tried to apply for the thai visa cos already exceeded this year's quota. The procedure can vomit blood.

fm the checkpoint jams, I thought EVERYONE went to Msia. So I went Jewel see see look look n makan Shake Shack.

KNN sibei crowded there too

The best way is to buy a property worth more than 10mil bht in Bangkok

Can get long term VISA

Turbocharged

You really rot for 4 days on the couch ah? ð

Of course not continuously la.. later backside grow rashes Edited by Solar
  • Praise 1

In all fairness, the capacity to handle this crowd is inadequate and unprecedented. Both customs are not built to handle this except a review for upgrade should be impending task due to favourable forex rate for more Malaysian to come in for work and for Singapore to spend in Malaysia.

Perhaps doubling or tripling (let authorities to conduit their due diligence) from current capacity will improve. We are already facing higher border movement but no sign of increasing its capacity but for Airport, priority is given even current capacity is still under-utilised. 

Bro Sop,

you're absolutely correct and spot on, Why inadequate and unprecedented ? simply they do not anticipate such crowds, even if it was on any PH, we are used to 4-6 hours jammed - ' Worse than Sardines in a Can ' in 5-10 years ahead, unlike our URA master plan of 10 years planning and we review every 5 yrs known as " Concept Plan ", after crystallisation.

This is not to fault their Gahmen for not doing their work, as a matter of fact both Gahmen should ideally have regular meeting to shape both Johore and Sp causeway to welcome visitorship - to enhance, to reshape and reduce unnecessary the slip-up of the channels car would enter properly, for instance, an observance of car entering any custom check-point to have the passport verify and check would more or less resulted in minor kerb-rash of rims, tyre, wing-mirror and in particularly bigger long wheeled base cars.

What would makes us motorist/s happy with glee when such a scale of both Nation and country merged together to reshape the checkpoint will be welcome, hover i doubt it would happen !

If both party can do the simple thing correct, both would go a long way to work live and enjoy visitation graciously, perhaps their top priority is security and more than border movement, however whatever it takes, these setback must be addressed first. For that to happen, we shall wait for the old Woodlands Centre to be rebuilt, looking forward to a more easy access of checking and high-technology screening of person in a car, hence cutting down wasted time.

really? this is long overdue ... LOL

I am pretty sure, they would have caught at least 3 out of 10 cars!

For me, I pump in the morning or the previous night of going in to the first click of the auto fill. This way I don't have to worry any day about fuel check!

• Praise 1

I am pretty sure, they would have caught at least 3 out of 10 cars!

For me, I pump in the morning or the previous night of going in to the first click of the auto fill. This way I don't have to worry any day about fuel check!

Why so kiasu?

You know 3/4 is enough right? 

Why so kiasu?

You know 3/4 is enough right? 

Well, my intention is not to fill up petrol in JB.

Mostly I prefer going to JB for the massage/ JPO and on the way back if there is space for fuel i do fill up the tank.

If am returning from places far away from JB, a pit stop at the Gelang Patah shell is automatic!

↡ Advertisement