Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Now, at least 1km car queue at Tuas CIQ

how come ah, this hour is rare, so the cam quite long

↡ Advertisement

Want to go, then prepare to queue loh. Don't comprain why counters never fully open. Haha. It is a thankless job and 24/7. I give you 10k, I think people still have to think twice whether to do or not to do. 😂

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Want to go, then prepare to queue loh. Don't comprain why counters never fully open. Haha. It is a thankless job and 24/7. I give you 10k, I think people still have to think twice whether to do or not to do. 😂

With 10k/mth, confirm will have a lot of ppl q for the job. Me included.

The counters are only fully manned during “vital peak hours” (weekday mornings). This “vital hours” are essential to Singapore’s daily operational tasks at hand. Imagine delaying these “vital jiuhu workers” or worst a complete stop between 2 causeways on a working weekday. Eg, SAF cookhouse no cook, no auxiliary police, etc. 

But during non-vital peak period (holidays, long weekend, afternoons, nights) usually they have no urgency to open up all booths. So even though you see the jam, doesn’t mean many cars are commuting compared to “vital hours”.

My 5 cents worth of opinion. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

School holidays 

School holidays for few weeks already, past few weeks even yesterday also don't have such long Q.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Zxcvb said:

The counters are only fully manned during “vital peak hours” (weekday mornings). This “vital hours” are essential to Singapore’s daily operational tasks at hand. Imagine delaying these “vital jiuhu workers” or worst a complete stop between 2 causeways on a working weekday. Eg, SAF cookhouse no cook, no auxiliary police, etc. 

But during non-vital peak period (holidays, long weekend, afternoons, nights) usually they have no urgency to open up all booths. So even though you see the jam, doesn’t mean many cars are commuting compared to “vital hours”.

My 5 cents worth of opinion. 

With some advancement in AI and robotics tech, its time that they look into deploying these for the passport stamping.   Then all counters can open 24/7 without much manpower issue.

who need human to do these mundane work of passport stamping?

With AI and robotics, more humans can be deployed to do more car checks for contraband.

I think its very easy to identify an immigration officer on the streets. They will have one arm bigger than the other cos the stamping never ends from starting their shift till they end the day.