Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

flood not only malaysia but the whole world. so peaceful without them

every country ... every business ... every shop owner loves RMB  

don't you? [sly]  [laugh] 

the one and only ... you can can hear in a watch shop ... i want to buy 10 rolex ... full cash .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

46 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

If ppl do what you say there will be lesser jam at the customs. But ppl are one kind wan. When coming back they take their time to have lunch, go grocery shopping, pump petrol full tank, by the time reach the custom 3+pm. That's when the queue grow like crazy.

In the jam you see ppl get out of their cars(not the driver) walk to the custom for toilet break. Then walk back to their cars. Mostly women and children.

Must maximize time overseas mah that’s why. Save the precious leave

• Haha! 1

worth it ?

longer then taking a plane😅😅

https://mothership.sg/2022/06/7-hours-jb-singapore-jam/?fbclid=IwAR0fETggu6jNExv3PEye1jkgxqpPXhXHblrt5riCHZdrpkpni2sVcEPJoLc

S'porean took 7 hours just to drive back from Johor Bahru to S'pore on Sunday

A Singaporean man was stuck along the Second Link for three hours on Sunday, June 19 -- only to give up waiting there and making a U-turn to re-enter Singapore via the Woodlands checkpoint and finally clearing immigration at 9pm.

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

worth it ?

https://mothership.sg/2022/06/7-hours-jb-singapore-jam/?fbclid=IwAR0fETggu6jNExv3PEye1jkgxqpPXhXHblrt5riCHZdrpkpni2sVcEPJoLc

A Singaporean man was stuck along the Second Link for three hours on Sunday, June 19 -- only to give up waiting there and making a U-turn to re-enter Singapore via the Woodlands checkpoint and finally clearing immigration at 9pm.

He backside itchy while queueing at the 2nd link he decided to u-turn and head to causeway before crossing into sg. Of course the whole journey took 7hrs.

My family and i were there also on the 19th, around 3.40pm using the 2nd link but we were lucky. The lane we were in was crawling faster than others.  We even went for toilet break after we cross the custom gantry(JB). They let us use the staff toilets. A lot of cars stop at the side like we did and went to the toilet. I dunno why at some point the queues were in a total standstill at JB side. Maybe change shift. Reach sg, past the custom just before 6pm. Wtf, 2+hrs.

If he were to be patient and waited he would have reached sg earlier than we did.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)

1. it's a June school holiday

2. you in/out on a weekend (sat/sun)

that's the perfect formula for 7 hours jam ... 

he must have consider sibei WORTH IT ... lol

fail to plan = plan to fail !

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

He backside itchy while queueing at the 2nd link he decided to u-turn and head to causeway before crossing into sg. Of course the whole journey took 7hrs.

My family and i were there also on the 19th, around 3.40pm using the 2nd link but we were lucky. The lane we were in was crawling faster than others.  We even went for toilet break after we cross the custom gantry(JB). They let us use the staff toilets. A lot of cars stop at the side like we did and went to the toilet. I dunno why at some point the queues were in a total standstill at JB side. Maybe change shift. Reach sg, past the custom just before 6pm. Wtf, 2+hrs.

If he were to be patient and waited he would have reached sg earlier than we did.

i think he different case then yours.

he struck for 3 hours never move thats why U turn

But i dun know how he manage to U turn in the jam also😂

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

1. it's a June school holiday

2. you in/out on a weekend (sat/sun)

that's the perfect formula for 7 hours jam ... 

he must have consider sibei WORTH IT ... lol

fail to plan = plan to fail !

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

i think he different case then yours.

he struck for 3 hours never move thats why U turn

But i dun know how he manage to U turn in the jam also😂

I reached 2nd Tuas around 8:30pm on 19th. Out of Tuas CIQ by 9:50pm.

While in the q, I saw on Telegram Group that says JB CIQ back flow till ERL Liao.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

i went to jb a couple of times 2 weeks back...took the tuas crossing both times

the malaysian side immigration seemed to be in a go very slow mode both ways in and out these days post covid...so beware

once when coming back....the officer finished stamping the passports, stacked up nicely and then left on the table for a min or 2 to let the next car waiting move on to another counter before handing back to me.

there was little traffic so i didn't really mind the delay but if the traffic builds up going forward then with this kind of working attitude, i can only say good luck 

i will definitely reduce the trip frequency once the jam goes more than 1 hour to clear both immigrations ....so others can enjoy going to jb

😬😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

I think they only started to open more gantries after 4pm. Before that the queues were in a total standstill. 

The custom officers also sian. They sit there dunno for how long.

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

worth it ?

Not only time....the "cheap" petrol also burn up 1/4 and emission through the roof.....so much for saving mother earth....🙄

figure-5-traffic-congestion-35.jpg.a0e4f06c3d1eb7c2b73fb7c9366a55ac.jpg

https://www.accessmagazine.org/fall-2009/traffic-congestion-greenhouse-gases/

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Lotr said:

Need this in case caught in  causeway super jams

Screenshot_20220621-183105.jpg

I've two in my car back pouch since 3 years back as I drive in regularly. Haven't use yet 

• Praise 1

On 6/20/2022 at 7:08 PM, Voodooman said:

Are all these app better than googlemap or waze? I am aware beat the jam derives its data from googlemap but it usually add like 30 mins to googlemap's estimated ETA. 

Based on my real life experience, BTJ is more representative than the traffic cam one. I don't use waze or google map to see the timing cos u need to choose a destination first in order to get the timing so it's not just the delay on the causeway per se.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Based on my real life experience, BTJ is more representative than the traffic cam one. I don't use waze or google map to see the timing cos u need to choose a destination first in order to get the timing so it's not just the delay on the causeway per se.

Thanks for sharing. I usually key in KSL mall to estimate travel time, if you want to be anal, can use the Shell petrol station right outside of JB CIQ. 

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Thanks for sharing. I usually key in KSL mall to estimate travel time, if you want to be anal, can use the Shell petrol station right outside of JB CIQ. 

Actually, it is not accurate most of the time.

Last month, I was stuck at the direction towards causeway heading back to Singapore, for close to 4 hours. I was at the Tuas side. Google maps recommended me to take the causeway instead of 2nd link. I made a long detour.

The estimated waiting time of 20 mins shown on Google maps wasn’t the case. My friend cleared Tuas in an hour.

Anyway, google maps saved me many times. So I would not begrudge it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1