Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

I got stuck for 1 hour at Tuas check point entering Singapore around 6 pm on this Monday.

Next week schools are restarting. I hope the jam is lesser.

5 hours ago, Davidklt said:

Actually, it is not accurate most of the time.

Last month, I was stuck at the direction towards causeway heading back to Singapore, for close to 4 hours. I was at the Tuas side. Google maps recommended me to take the causeway instead of 2nd link. I made a long detour.

The estimated waiting time of 20 mins shown on Google maps wasn’t the case. My friend cleared Tuas in an hour.

Anyway, google maps saved me many times. So I would not begrudge it.

I seldom use googlemap in SG and MY (reserved for totally new destination), most of my MY friends use Waze too and I find it to be pretty accurate but I have never been stuck in any cross border jam lasting more than 2 hours.  

I hope more people use BTJ, then less jams for me. 😂

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I seldom use googlemap in SG and MY (reserved for totally new destination), most of my MY friends use Waze too and I find it to be pretty accurate but I have never been stuck in any cross border jam lasting more than 2 hours.  

I hope more people use BTJ, then less jams for me. 😂

"Beat The Jam" is the best app to plan your trips for crossing into JB. You can see jam graph for the past 1 week. Pretty accurate. I usually go in on weekdays, so I'll see the graph for the past week's weekdays and come to your own conclusion when is best time to enter.

• Praise 1

On 6/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, Wt_know said:

every country ... every business ... every shop owner loves RMB  

don't you? [sly]  [laugh] 

the one and only ... you can can hear in a watch shop ... i want to buy 10 rolex ... full cash .... :grin:

Wah, I thought full cash is the trade mark of MCF only.:XD:

On 6/22/2022 at 11:13 PM, awhtc said:

I got stuck for 1 hour at Tuas check point entering Singapore around 6 pm on this Monday.

Next week schools are restarting. I hope the jam is lesser.

This seem like a haolian post these days.....😁

• Haha! 2

Twincharged

the jams can only get worse.

Who wants to work to man the counters there. even if one decides to become an ICA officer, being stationed at Changi is heaps better. Plus much more tourist dollars to be earned with a expedited entry. land checkpoints via cars are mainly locals or residents. 

with our manpower shortage and lack of a proper solution for automated clearance in cars(wonder what happen to the touch screens they wanted to use for each car window). it gonna be a perennial jam.

I would assume in JB side it would also be the same issue with lack of manpower. Plus their laid back attitude.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
53 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

the jams can only get worse.

Who wants to work to man the counters there. even if one decides to become an ICA officer, being stationed at Changi is heaps better. Plus much more tourist dollars to be earned with a expedited entry. land checkpoints via cars are mainly locals or residents. 

with our manpower shortage and lack of a proper solution for automated clearance in cars(wonder what happen to the touch screens they wanted to use for each car window). it gonna be a perennial jam.

I would assume in JB side it would also be the same issue with lack of manpower. Plus their laid back attitude.

Remember the Taiwanese men ICA recruited for checkpoints? Gone liao! Either balek or redeployed elsewhere.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

means what ar? 

WPH cannot drive msia car into spore?

so every msia car i see on the road must be 100% “tourist”?

this is great news because i know several WPH drive msia car in spore even need to pay VEP … 

it’s a great move to plug the gap with $100K COE now … lol

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

means what ar? 

this is great news because i know several WPH drive msia car in spore even need to pay VEP … 

“From 1 July 2022, WPHs who reside in Singapore will not be able to keep and use their foreign-registered vehicles perpetually in Singapore. Consistent with conditions before the closure of land borders, WPH drivers who are not residents must also ensure their foreign-registered vehicles are kept or used outside Singapore daily[3].”

”WPH drivers must ensure their foreign-registered vehicles are kept or used outside Singapore for a total period of 6 hours or more every day.”

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2022/5/news-releases/shorter_processing_time_for_vep_applications.html

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

means what ar? 

So it means msian WPH working and stay in sg cannot drive msia car/bike into sg? So like SPR, cannot drive msia vehicle in sg? Got what impact at custom traffic? Lesser vehicles?

Edited by 13177

(edited)
16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So it means msian WPH working and stay in sg cannot drive msia car/bike into sg? So like SPR, cannot drive msia vehicle in sg?

WPH who do not live/stay in spore must leave spore for 6 hours a day? [hur] 

so the only change is you dont see msia car park in hdb overnight? lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

WPH who do not live/stay in spore must leave spore for 6 hours a day? [hur] 

so the only change is you dont see msia car park in hdb overnight? lol

The 6 hrs thingy was already in place before Covid.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

WPH mostly ride motorcycles so yes do expect bike COE to go up.

Bike coe already went up long ago liao. Now bike coe already at 10k level.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Bike coe already went up long ago liao. Now bike coe already at 10k level.

Probably go up more?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2