Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

really funny, motorists wrote in to ask if jam or not, of course there will be jams and such, not being rude, if scare jam take plane lor, it has been year in year out, it is not a matter of 5/6/7 hours jam however both party are to be blamed for this, let talk about Sp side, the good , bad and helpful solution does not help much either...

Why good- as we can witnessed from ICA, they are doing a splendid job for out-going vehicles, the bad thing are the motorcycles lanes are being compromised that causes pollution of bikes exhaust bikes

Why Bad- Vehicles late are badly and poorly designed as the angle slight right are being compromised to an angle whereby Vehicles that are bigger than usual will be caught in a situation of barriers and very tight situation to be crushed or hit the rims and tyre thus causing damages to the exterior vehicles. it were very daunting trying to evade such obstacles, why do we have to install so many obstacles, humps and bumps upon leaving Singapore once passports has been cleared and secondary check has been completed ?? Ready too leave !!

The Ugly side of S'pore tail back situation lock-in with 2 components- Vehicles clashes taking 2 Delivery lorries lanes during evening hours with Motorists and the motorists are safely not either safer than norm, during peak hours many lorries entry are being slow down due to the front custom check for and some enforcement officer are forced to mitigate the situation by allowing motorists to enter the basement lanes to expedite the matter, which is good and fair, however these basement lanes has higher bumpers causes mayhem with potholes too which do not help, it was an exhausting experience.

With decades of custom design team ICA or LTA has failed to pin-point how to draft a crafted custom clearance, with Smooth flow traffic in-coming and out-going traffic. Lastly the CCTV on googles apps and others do not show the actual traffic congestion correctly, it illustrates poor judgement and waste of resources of 1/2 km of wasted data information, once the vehicles reaches the cushion area, it was as usual strawberries jam . yet we keep repeating the scenarios over and over again. LTA, CUSTOM ppl do not think and act like motorists 🤭

Hope Custom spicers read this post

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

really funny, motorists wrote in to ask if jam or not, of course there will be jams and such, not being rude, if scare jam take plane lor, it has been year in year out, it is not a matter of 5/6/7 hours jam however both party are to be blamed for this, let talk about Sp side, the good , bad and helpful solution does not help much either...

Why good- as we can witnessed from ICA, they are doing a splendid job for out-going vehicles, the bad thing are the motorcycles lanes are being compromised that causes pollution of bikes exhaust bikes

Why Bad- Vehicles late are badly and poorly designed as the angle slight right are being compromised to an angle whereby Vehicles that are bigger than usual will be caught in a situation of barriers and very tight situation to be crushed or hit the rims and tyre thus causing damages to the exterior vehicles. it were very daunting trying to evade such obstacles, why do we have to install so many obstacles, humps and bumps upon leaving Singapore once passports has been cleared and secondary check has been completed ?? Ready too leave !!

The Ugly side of S'pore tail back situation lock-in with 2 components- Vehicles clashes taking 2 Delivery lorries lanes during evening hours with Motorists and the motorists are safely not either safer than norm, during peak hours many lorries entry are being slow down due to the front custom check for and some enforcement officer are forced to mitigate the situation by allowing motorists to enter the basement lanes to expedite the matter, which is good and fair, however these basement lanes has higher bumpers causes mayhem with potholes too which do not help, it was an exhausting experience.

With decades of custom design team ICA or LTA has failed to pin-point how to draft a crafted custom clearance, with Smooth flow traffic in-coming and out-going traffic. Lastly the CCTV on googles apps and others do not show the actual traffic congestion correctly, it illustrates poor judgement and waste of resources of 1/2 km of wasted data information, once the vehicles reaches the cushion area, it was as usual strawberries jam . yet we keep repeating the scenarios over and over again. LTA, CUSTOM ppl do not think and act like motorists 🤭

Hope Custom spicers read this post

The 2 crossing are just not designed to handle the peak hours traffic we are seeing during school holidays. I guarantee you at exchange rate of 1:1 and with removal of fuel duties, the design won't be an issue. 

Need to build 3rd crossing and speed up RTS link.

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

The 2 crossing are just not designed to handle the peak hours traffic we are seeing during school holidays. I guarantee you at exchange rate of 1:1 and with removal of fuel duties, the design won't be an issue. 

Need to build 3rd crossing and speed up RTS link.

Who’s gonna man the 3rd crossing? 
as is the counters on each side are already not fully utilized. 
don’t waste my tax dollars on unimportant things like borders to Malaysia. The 2 are already enough. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha! 1

i support the idea of 3rd crossing because spore population already 5.5M > 7-8M coming and the current number of 300K people crossing borders every day going to increase to 500K in a few more years

if spore population and FW crossing borders are not increasing also means spore GDP is not increasing … jit ba boom

with so many new projects plan, T5, new BTO, new business park, etc - the demands in spore will grow and we need more workers and grow the pie

crossing borders to msia will be a serious chokepoint … even without school holiday … the current daily crossing already at 80-90% capacity and unsustainable 

every weekend before dec school holiday is already a problem

we can say why make it easier for sinkie to go jb spend money but that is a “release valve” for pressure cooker spore life

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Who’s gonna man the 3rd crossing? 
as is the counters on each side are already not fully utilized. 
don’t waste my tax dollars on unimportant things like borders to Malaysia. The 2 are already enough. 

From personal experience, during peak hours on weekdays (not even talking about weekends and school holidays), more than 80-90% of SG counters are opened and yet the waiting time is easily more than 30-45 mins. 

Don't think our G will build anything that doesn't pay for itself. 

Edited by Voodooman

48 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i support the idea of 3rd crossing because spore population already 5.5M > 7-8M coming and the current number of 300K people crossing borders every day going to increase to 500K in a few more years

if spore population and FW crossing borders are not increasing also means spore GDP is not increasing … jit ba boom

with so many new projects plan, T5, new BTO, new business park, etc - the demands in spore will grow and we need more workers and grow the pie

crossing borders to msia will be a serious chokepoint … even without school holiday … the current daily crossing already at 80-90% capacity and unsustainable 

every weekend before dec school holiday is already a problem

we can say why make it easier for sinkie to go jb spend money but that is a “release valve” for pressure cooker spore life

ICA/ LTA know the numbers and are planning ahead, no third crossing yet but they are expanding handing capacity at Woodlands.  

https://www.ica.gov.sg/news-and-publications/newsroom/media-release/redevelopment-and-extension-of-woodlands-checkpoint

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

From personal experience, during peak hours on weekdays (not even talking about weekends and school holidays), more than 80-90% of SG counters are opened and yet the waiting time is easily more than 30-45 mins. 

Don't think our G will build anything that doesn't pay for itself. 

We open 80-90% doesn’t mean boleh will be open the equivalent. 
with the RTS it will probably be the same since it’s almost one after the other. 
for me why bother if Malaysia doesn’t expand as well. Kenna played out once with the HSR.

I rather money be spent on changi. Rather not be beholden to a crappy neighbor. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

We open 80-90% doesn’t mean boleh will be open the equivalent. 
with the RTS it will probably be the same since it’s almost one after the other. 
for me why bother if Malaysia doesn’t expand as well. Kenna played out once with the HSR.

That is a different argument and needs to be resolved with MY but we also need to plan ahead.  

It is a fact that even with MY operating at 80-90% capacity, the current crossing at both ends are not able to cope with normal weekdays traffic volume during peak hours.

I propose to cut petrol tax. Wahaha....

51 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Economic interdependence is good for both sides but agree we can't be held hostage by our unreliable neighbor.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

@Voodooman It will not change the mindset of motorists civic conscious mentality , No matter what has been removed. What ICA and JB Custom think are not Align at all, both hands do not clap togethe. 

I can only look forward to the introduction of MAC less stamping of passport whereby no required , now with 10 years expiry date with 64 pages also useless. U get what I meant ? 😁 Paying $70 a pop is mind boggling, in nio time we end upo opayijng more as rubber stamp logo is bigger now, one page can stamp 3 visits, now only 2 chop per page.🤪

• Praise 1

Let's chit-chat about our motorist discipline - We are NOT lane discipline,  simple logic is/are most car manufacturer are producing bigger car size and capacity henceforth the builder of both border customs do not take much consideration into the check-in car area in terms of inspection area, to verification of passport. A video effect images @the new Woodlands may do justice however it still a long way to go, the placement of CCTV, e-scanner form a 20-30 m ahead of car in attendance is only an artistic display of how much improvement can be made, the visual aspect can be best illustrated once it is ready.

As of now we do not see much improvement on JB side, the tail-back from JB vehicular entry were a nightmare - from a pivot point of 5 lanes into 3 singular lanes with hight humps and bumps are cause for concerns... with various entry points connected to JPJ custom.

It must be sorted out once and for all, I mean the whole of Malaysian states depends on Johore Bahru depends a lot more of functionality and smooth traffic flow else it will only be a side show, nothing more with the RTS video showing glimpses of what has been and not expected images can do wonders . . . 🤭

Yap. Mega jam into SG did not happen. I reached Malaysia custom at about 545pm. Totally no Q from Johor side and SG side. A good closure for Xmas 2022. Merry Christmas to all bros. 

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Yap. Mega jam into SG did not happen. I reached Malaysia custom at about 545pm. Totally no Q from Johor side and SG side. A good closure for Xmas 2022. Merry Christmas to all bros. 

Most people still inside msia, havent come back today, thats why no queue la. Lol.

• Haha! 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:52 PM, Voodooman said:

Economic interdependence is good for both sides but agree we can't be held hostage by our unreliable neighbor.

As a matter of fact, we were literally held@ransom, for who we are and where we came from ! Fact and figure dont lie, only people do. How can we not think how many Malaysian came here to work daily basis ? the sheer numbers can be exponentially accordingly to LTA report.

24 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

As a matter of fact, we were literally held@ransom, for who we are and where we came from ! Fact and figure dont lie, only people do. How can we not think how many Malaysian came here to work daily basis ? the sheer numbers can be exponentially accordingly to LTA report.

Err... I think we were ok during 2 years of lockdown. Can't say the same for the JB economy, which is very dependent on Singapore. 

Besides Mahathir, most other PMs of MY (not to mention Johor royal family) are pretty friendly to Singapore. Mahathir is probably gone forever, so ties should improve... Till the Talibans take over, then it is about not about money/ economy/ jobs but something else (whatever the crazies want to cook up for screwing things up north). 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1