Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Somehow I feel this is part of Dr M, guailan move to make life difficult for all.

I believe the economy is bad enough that ppl go for budget holiday.

↡ Advertisement

I believe the economy is bad enough that ppl go for budget holiday.

I agree on people trying to stretch the dollar part and more people switch to JB petrol and groceries budget. However peeps need to be aware that not everything is 3 times cheaper over the straits and not everything is equal to the items that is on the store racks on our shores. e.g. condense milk. Also there is a higher possibility of overspending because "everything is cheaper there" mentality.

• Praise 2

This jam wont resolve one lah. Complain to ICA about safety, productivity loss etc is pointless.

You own a shop here, next door got another shop sell everything 2x cheaper and everyone rush over. Since you cant burn them down, you put obstacle course around them.

avoid the JB kastam, take plane to KL.

Having the convenience of lugging everything behind the boot of car is worth the trouble. My fam easily spends thousands if we do a drive up to KL.

Having the convenience of lugging everything behind the boot of car is worth the trouble. My fam easily spends thousands if we do a drive up to KL.

What is there to buy in KL? Most stuffs are about the same price as SG after conversion, save for F&B and services. Unless there is a great MY sales going on.
  • Praise 1

attachicon.gifIMG-9654.PNG

This pic was taken by one of my buddy when he was stuck in the queue towards the JB custom side at 2nd Link last Sunday at 9pm after the toll booth [sweatdrop]

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2018/12/18/infrastructure-protection-act-ipa-to-take-effect-from-18-dec-no-unauthorised-photography-and-videography-of-protected-areas-pas-or-protected-places-pps/

Take note, IPA act effective from today, it is an offence to take video and or photos in singapore custom lor. Meaning, even if say this car is burning in sg custom, please don't take video and or photos..

What is there to buy in KL? Most stuffs are about the same price as SG after conversion, save for F&B and services. Unless there is a great MY sales going on.

There is no coincidence that Singaporeans swarm up North end of every year as the sales are definitely worth the hassle. A lot of shopping malls plan their sales to be in December and there are many bargains to pick if you are in shopping mode. I know a lot of families take the chance to buy clothing for CNY. Many will stay there overnight in comfort of hotels and enjoy good food at half price compare to here. One example I can quote is those branded polo shirts like Hush Puppies will cost only about S$10 to S$15 after discount. Those with bigger families will understand what I am talking with regards to savings.  

The sale at JPO last week was another draw for those who had gotten great bargain before. A colleague of mine showed me a Timberland polo-shirt he got for just over S$20 and a pair of Timberlane trekking boots for S$50, that he always go every year during its sales events! I was aware of the sales but did not know the bargain is that good as normally JPO not really worth to visit. Maybe next year I will join the crowd to see for myself haha.

• Praise 3

As the cars are stuck in the customs and roaming around in Malaysia, it is a lot more relaxing and cheaper to stay in Singapore during the holiday  [laugh]

My favourite haunt in Bukit Indah is very crowded and expensive compared to 6-7 years ago.  I hate getting stuck for more than 1 hour at each of the SG and MY custom going in and return, so I have given Johor a miss since a few years ago.

• Praise 2

There is no coincidence that Singaporeans swarm up North end of every year as the sales are definitely worth the hassle. A lot of shopping malls plan their sales to be in December and there are many bargains to pick if you are in shopping mode. I know a lot of families take the chance to buy clothing for CNY. Many will stay there overnight in comfort of hotels and enjoy good food at half price compare to here.

One example I can quote is those branded polo shirts like Hush Puppies will cost only about S$10 to S$15 after discount. Those with bigger families will understand what I am talking with regards to savings.

The sale at JPO last week was another draw for those who had gotten great bargain before. A colleague of mine showed me a Timberland polo-shirt he got for just over S$20 and a pair of Timberlane trekking boots for S$50, that he always go every year during its sales events! I was aware of the sales but did not know the bargain is that good as normally JPO not really worth to visit. Maybe next year I will join the crowd to see for myself haha.

Shopping in KL can be attractive if there is a big sales, i can hardly find anything to buy during normal times. We usually go up to enjoy 50% off on F&B, accommodations (5-star is a steal up north), manicure, pedicure, hairdressing, massages, etc.

Went to JPO X'mas sales once, think Amazon black Friday is more attractive.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

in msia you need to know

where to stay

what to eat

what to buy

what to enjoy - massage, spa, services that cost a $bomb in spore

for example, dont eat at fancy restaurant at shopping mall. even eat also cheaper than spore. but i like to eat at Ah Huat Seafood and order a table of seafood and only cost a fraction compare to spore.

no need to buy simi branded clothes in shopping. price is comparable but buy groceries and household items that cost 1/2 price compare to spore.

peasant like me has to go all the way to save every cents in msia .... lol

Edited by Wt_know

ICA officers also need to take their school-going children to holidays, they also have kids. It's no secret that there will be some challenges staffing the borders during school holiday and festive season.

I've been told by an ICA officer "you all go for holiday, we also like to go holiday wor" ...

I used to work in the public transport service for a few years. Whenever those major festivals are coming, (CNY, Xmas), only 2% of the workforce are allowed to apply for annual leave.  

Our manager once told us:

"You are expected to work during public holidays if you choose to serve the public."

"If you are unwilling to work during these holidays, this job is not suitable for you." 

So I believed every ICA officers cannot suka suka go on leave during the festival period without the approval of their superiors. 

Therefore I wondered why not enough staff to man the booths unless many resigned due to stress? hmmm...  [confused]

in msia you need to know

where to stay

what to eat

what to buy

for example, dont eat at fancy restaurant at shopping mall. even eat also cheaper than spore. but i like to eat at Ah Huat Seafood and order a table of seafood and only cost a fraction compare to spore.

no need to buy simi branded clothes in shopping. price is comparable but buy groceries and household items that cost 1/2 price compare to spore.

Where is Ah Huat seafood?

in msia you need to know

where to stay

what to eat

what to buy

wah a porker driving peasant.....unbelievable

wah a porker driving peasant.....unbelievable

ð¬ð

the borrow porker return liao

now driving Grab ... can make money somemore [sly]

↡ Advertisement