PaiKia-Lee

Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

Turbocharged

Actually why SG don't impose a higher toll of $50 per car? So that the money is spent in SG instead?

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

Because MY will charge the same, 150 MYR, total $100. Can you still expect your electricians, plumbers, servers, courier, etc. will still accept the same costs ?

Honestly, I don't mind paying more for the electricians, plumbers, servers, courier, etc. then at least the salary will be decent for locals. If don't want to pay then learn to DIY. Many developed countries is doing it. Instead of having 3 foreign person (1 contractor, 1 supervisor, 1 workers) to fix your pipe at your home, you will have 1 local person taking the salary of 3, and he is more likely to be professionally trained.

Actually why SG don't impose a higher toll of $50 per car? So that the money is spent in SG instead?

• Praise 3

Yesterday 1st time used Tuas to come back, reached Msia side at 6:30pm, cleared Spore side at 8:40pm. Jam until scared liao, next time better dont go to Msia. 

• Praise 2

Yesterday 1st time used Tuas to come back, reached Msia side at 6:30pm, cleared Spore side at 8:40pm. Jam until scared liao, next time better dont go to Msia. 

That timing is not too bad.

I reached Malaysia side at 7.25pm, cleared Singapore side at 11p

Too many holiday makers, weekenders, and fuel runners using the facilities at the same time. 

Looks like many still have budget to spare after 11/11, Black Friday, 12/12, can still chiong JB for Christmas shopping..... huat ah!

• Praise 1

For SG to MY direction, I see the causeway itself quite clear, jam is actually from expressway to SG customs.

Leads me to believe that SG side is doing all it can to discourage going to MY.

Hypersonic

Looks like many still have budget to spare after 11/11, Black Friday, 12/12, can still chiong JB for Christmas shopping..... huat ah!

Me. Buy little things and eat only. But I take train in so didnt contribute to the jam. 

Turbocharged

Because MY will charge the same, 150 MYR, total $100. Can you still expect your electricians, plumbers, servers, courier, etc. will still accept the same costs ?

Honestly, I don't mind paying more for the electricians, plumbers, servers, courier, etc. then at least the salary will be decent for locals. If don't want to pay then learn to DIY. Many developed countries is doing it. Instead of having 3 foreign person (1 contractor, 1 supervisor, 1 workers) to fix your pipe at your home, you will have 1 local person taking the salary of 3, and he is more likely to be professionally trained.

Good idea. Inspires me to be a plumber When i retire. I've also seen them treated very well by the lady of the house on some plumbing videos I accidentally clicked on (for research) :p
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Good idea. Inspires me to be a plumber When i retire. I've also seen them treated very well by the lady of the house on some plumbing videos I accidentally clicked on (for research) :p

Plumbing is a rewarding profession. [thumbsup]
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged (edited)

You heng only stuck ~2hrs. Could be worse, last night 1150pm haven't even reach 1st link CIQ jam alr. Only cleared SG side at 430am... [rolleyes] All caused by SG side, so jam still open only few counters. Still take their own sweet time [furious]

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

I took 2nd link at tuesday 3+pm, took about 1hr 30min to clear customs. 

Was bit suay that 10mins of that was being stuck behind a malaysian Cx-5 which had some problem with passports on our SG side.

• Praise 2

They should take this opportunity to check and be strict with the 3/4 tank rule since people are still willing to brave the congestion. It is a good time to make a killing. 

Supersonic

I took 2nd link at tuesday 3+pm, took about 1hr 30min to clear customs. 

Was bit suay that 10mins of that was being stuck behind a malaysian Cx-5 which had some problem with passports on our SG side.

Never follow behind a malaysian car at sg custom. Even their passports have no problem but also take longer to process de.  [:p]

• Praise 3

Never follow behind a malaysian car at sg custom. Even their passports have no problem but also take longer to process de. [:p]

Sometimes no choice leh

Supersonic

Like that also jam till scare. Wait you see KL traffic during peak hour

I want to be bus driver when I retires.