Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

ICA: Expect heavy traffic at checkpoints till Jan 1

Commuters should continue to expect heavy traffic from tomorrow till New Year's Day - especially at weekends - at both the Woodlands and Tuas checkpoints, added the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) yesterday, as it stressed that security will continue to be its top priority and that checks against potential threats will be stepped up during the festive period.

Several netizens took to the ICA's Facebook page to complain about the long queues to clear Customs and cross to Johor Baru last weekend. Some said they were stuck in jams lasting as long as six to eight hours. Even moving 100m on the Singapore side took 11/2 hours, related one commuter.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ica-expect-heavy-traffic-at-checkpoints-till-jan-1

ICA tell you already, don't comprain.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Ya, certain jobs must make it known that certain period cannot take leave. For me, I can’t take during budget period which span for 3-4 months. Even for dec, only 1 person can take in my team. So rotate within the team, I can only take once every 4 years for dec holiday.

HR / managers for custom officers have to control more tightly during these peak so lesser jam.

they deliberately open lesser counter to deter ppl going in to Malaysia, since some mp already voice out to ask all Singaporean to be united and close together. why you guys still don't listen?

they deliberately open lesser counter to deter ppl going in to Malaysia, since some mp already voice out to ask all Singaporean to be united and close together. why you guys still don't listen?

Sometimes no choice leh. They close so many golf courses in sg so we can only go jb to play golf.

Close both jurong and raffles golf courses but not high speed rail. Land deserted and nothing done. See Liao also painful.

Congrats MIW! Brainwash campaign is a success.

It is always not the gahmen fault, always the fault of the peasants...always...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/woodlands-checkpoint-causeway-traffic-ica-11048404

I mean call a spade a spade, no need to resort to using other frivolous excuses.

As someone who does not go into JB to shop despite the higher exchange rates, I too find it ridiculous so so few lanes are open at our side.  I pity our fellow countrymen and permanent residents going thru these shit.

• Praise 2

It is always not the gahmen fault, always the fault of the peasants...always...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/woodlands-checkpoint-causeway-traffic-ica-11048404

I mean call a spade a spade, no need to resort to using other frivolous excuses.

As someone who does not go into JB to shop despite the higher exchange rates, I too find it ridiculous so so few lanes are open at our side.  I pity our fellow countrymen and permanent residents going thru these shit.

Ya, peasants always at fault, or rather only find fault at peasants.

Peasants should vote them out. 

if peasant not working hard, choosy, lazy, picky, peasants are reminded to buckle up

do what it takes to be competitive else you are doomed

why the same anology does not apply

Just now coming toward work the tuas custom emas showing jam in tuas West last exit (custom).

Friday morning already jam?

of course la ... santa clause is coming leh

at least 1/2 workers are on leave today and next mon

Edited by Wt_know

speaking too early liao

merry xmas ... happy jamming!

The norm on Friday evening is to see the tail end of jam at the tunnel point. Today no jam at the the tunnel minus a few bike zooming pass when I made the u turn at tuas West around 6.15pm.

take bus also huat ah!

pix this morning 7.45am according to hwz

i guess theonly option is ktm but all tix sold out

post-7984-0-24350100-1545443337_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know