Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Anyone did a eMAC pass recently at JB CP ?

Are they still selling it ?

My 2 year old passport left 4 page lor. Do MAC pass at least can tahan another 1 year lor.

the immigration department of malaysia already announced they stopped issuing the eMACS. you can read the official stated from their website.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/resources-and-archives/announcement/1891-notice-of-discontinuation-of-new-macs-stickers-production.html

maybe the new govt thinking of another system? hopefully whatever system they are thinking of, will help to smoothen the jam instead of creating more jam. Last time doesn't need to scan fingerprint, now need to scan fingerprint.

You cant do at JB anymore.

You can do it in sg, i think somewhere in orchard area.

The price = a brand new passport (if i dont remember wrongly)

ya.... cost around $80 sgd and have to take half day leave to go and submit the passport. but good thing, to collect can be done in the evening. well... now that msia immigration stopped issuing the eMACS, we just have to renew earlier than the 5 years given. 

• Praise 1

Whoa!! Bell curve!! Statistics!! 95% confidence :XD:

All return to teacher Liao :XD:

will we see mother father jam starting tomorrow afternoon? [sly]

What goes in must come out :grin:

Zhun bo???

Everywhere also lack of many power. Police force, army, navy and etc.

When I was a regular in navy, already heard this lack of manpower too many times already.

Some more the requirement is only Singapore citizen can apply. So well.. Its the same old, just that how to best manage the situation and come up with solutions that do not need that much man power.

Everywhere also lack of many power. Police force, army, navy and etc.

When I was a regular in navy, already heard this lack of manpower too many times already.

Some more the requirement is only Singapore citizen can apply. So well.. Its the same old, just that how to best manage the situation and come up with solutions that do not need that much man power.

I was referring to the statement, working their guts out. Two weeks ago, while crossing the checkpoint, i see officers chit chatting to each other at the counter. The train checkpoint. Working their guts out, dont make my toes laugh.

• Praise 3

ya.... cost around $80 sgd and have to take half day leave to go and submit the passport. but good thing, to collect can be done in the evening. well... now that msia immigration stopped issuing the eMACS, we just have to renew earlier than the 5 years given. 

you mean still can do MACS in Singapore?

you mean still can do MACS in Singapore?

i thought i just said that msia immigration stopped issuing MACS. Meaning the ICA of Malaysia already stopped issuing MACS. 

He probably just get info from the ICA head....’Sir, we are are full force and they are all working their guts out’.

I believe what ICA said......   :yuush:

The officers work their guts out to the extend of beating lorries driver's who cut queue....  :a-handbags:

:XD: 

Yalor, this is what I suspect lor.  New garment New policy lor ...

the immigration department of malaysia already announced they stopped issuing the eMACS. you can read the official stated from their website.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/resources-and-archives/announcement/1891-notice-of-discontinuation-of-new-macs-stickers-production.html

maybe the new govt thinking of another system? hopefully whatever system they are thinking of, will help to smoothen the jam instead of creating more jam. Last time doesn't need to scan fingerprint, now need to scan fingerprint.

Zhun bo???

If under staff than why in the first place build so many counters during the blueprint/planning stage? Woodland and tuas customs just newly constructed this year!!

Second...if mainly due to the seasonal holiday than why normal school days also jam. Traffic should be smooth like silk.

Where the contingent plans? Singapore school holidays didn't start this years! It had my been going on for decades!

So ministers and top all "eat waste rice"?

Reactive than proactive.

I know..I know they cited security reasons during non school holiday for the jam. Manpower issue during school holidays! Win liao loh!

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4

That is on trial and only for Tuas.

This wont help anyway. Cos the clearing time is longer. If you have a family on board the car, the whole family need to exit the car to do the scanning, and would take even longer for families with kids.

And what happened to that automated car clearance lane? That should cut down in outgoing manpower by a lot.

That is on trial and only for Tuas.

This wont help anyway. Cos the clearing time is longer. If you have a family on board the car, the whole family need to exit the car to do the scanning, and would take even longer for families with kids.

It will cut down on manpower requirements.

If there are 20 automated lanes, only need 10 officers to man. Rather than 10 officers man 10 counters only.

Same as the human checkpoint automated gates. Only 3 or 4 man 10 to 15 gates. Thus allowing more ppl to pass thru.

And what happened to that automated car clearance lane? That should cut down in outgoing manpower by a lot.

After LHL & his wife passed through once in small car, its work and then the machine goes [grin] .... :secret-laugh:

Back to the drawing board ... [sly]

:XD:

↡ Advertisement