Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Malaysia and Singapore need 'at least 3 to 4 more bridges' to help with traffic: PM Mahathir

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-and-singapore-more-bridges-traffic-mahathir-11358512

seriously ?  <_< 

without such project how to stimulate their economy? or His Economy..

All previous project he and friends not involve.. so need to cancel those and implement New loh 

↡ Advertisement

中国大爷大妈 ... FTW!!!

jam 10 hours also sup sup water

can start hai di lao stemboat with tables and chairs ... lol

Malaysia and Singapore need 'at least 3 to 4 more bridges' to help with traffic: PM Mahathir

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-and-singapore-more-bridges-traffic-mahathir-11358512

seriously ?  <_< 

the high speed rail will would have help with some of the traffic but cancelled it. then build more bridges? 

i wonder whether ferry services would help some of the traffic or not.

If Sg checkpoint make it mandatory fuel checks and enforcing 3/4 tank rule on all outgoing cars, that should reduce the numbers significantly.

Supercharged

For school holidays, the effect will be opposite. One of the longest queue ever was during the time they started taking fingerprints, then they scrap the idea but the machine is still sitting there.

That's very Malaysian. Someone made money from supplying scanners and installing them, so-called trial and after that project declared over or suspended indefinitely. 

That's very Malaysian. Someone made money from supplying scanners and installing them, so-called trial and after that project declared over or suspended indefinitely. 

Thats not the only thing that resembles the neighbour. Forming agencies after agencies that barely contributes, finding place to park retired generals, digging holes covering them up only to dig again a few weeks later, propose & approve own pay cheques.... etc...

Anyway... to stay on topic... congestion at both checkpoints since morning till now with many happy travelers getting caught in queues that last for hours. If they don't follow the 3/4 tank rule then they must follow the empty bladder rule. Expect Sunday to be hell for those commuting back to Sg. 

• Praise 1

For school holidays, the effect will be opposite. One of the longest queue ever was during the time they started taking fingerprints, then they scrap the idea but the machine is still sitting there.

they still do for those taking buses.... not for those in cars cos how to come out of cars to take fingerprints? 

Should build a R&R in the middle of the second link. Just collecting money for toilet use even at marked up rates will song song to the bank. Hell maybe even build a motel.

SG side build it, then msia will claim its theirs by parking their officers there to collect the money. 

ask msia side to build, they will say no money to build unnecessarily as country in debt. 

• Praise 1

the high speed rail will would have help with some of the traffic but cancelled it. then build more bridges? 

i wonder whether ferry services would help some of the traffic or not.

for SIN-JB traffic, I think RTS would be really useful, cos the commuting volume can be seen daily, weekly, monthly etc ...

I am doubtful that HSR can sustain itself once the novelty wears off in say 12 months.

ferry may work but problem is need to spend money to build jetty and customs and staff the place. and both sides already say customs shorthanded.  [:p]

for me its just good ole 170. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Came back today and saw a beemer on fire after the sg checkpoint towards jb. Attended by MY firemen. Hope occupants are safe.

wah ... steady ... got 2 more cams

but ... still mother father jam

i agree with laoma ... we need 3rd and 4th bridges [laugh]

still mother father jam

but jam at different bridge only ... muahahaha

post-7984-0-81475100-1553505873_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

HSR would work simply because of the time and cost savings.

You would see some shifts from those taking bus and planes to take HSR.

for SIN-JB traffic, I think RTS would be really useful, cos the commuting volume can be seen daily, weekly, monthly etc ...

I am doubtful that HSR can sustain itself once the novelty wears off in say 12 months.

ferry may work but problem is need to spend money to build jetty and customs and staff the place. and both sides already say customs shorthanded.  [:p]

for me its just good ole 170. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

HSR would work simply because of the time and cost savings.

You would see some shifts from those taking bus and planes to take HSR.

The only profitable HSR in the world if I’m not wrong is in Japan. And even then not all lines. Most HSR are losing money .

MRT or RTS serves a greater amount of people than HSR.

I object to HSR between Singapore and KL cause we will never have the population mass to make it viable.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2