Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Was she alone?

If stuck in the car with you, you can help her loosen up.

Think my friend whether alone or not, still feel suffocated when got stuck in long traffic jam.  [laugh]  

For me it's different. I am perfectly fine if I'm alone in traffic jam, watch drama/fb etc or even just listening to radio.

The "anxious and restless" for me is if I stuck in peanut butter jam with my kids.

True, stuck in jam with kids, the kids restless and whining sound can make you go even more crazy. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

For goodness sake there really has got to be a solution for this.

Anything more than 1 hour simply means the whole set-up whether sg or my, is not fit for purpose in this day and age.

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/travellers-endure-long-waits-at-tuas-and-woodlands-checkpoints-over-the-weekend

Long waits at Tuas and Woodlands Checkpoints, with some delays hitting 8 hours

Heng, never go. My wife pester me to go on Saturday. I told her ppl there having Haji holiday, coming back will be a problem.

Then I heard this morning class95 someone feedback he was stuck for 13hrs coming back. [dead]

• Praise 2

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/travellers-endure-long-waits-at-tuas-and-woodlands-checkpoints-over-the-weekend

Heng, never go. My wife pester me to go on Saturday. I told her ppl there having Haji holiday, coming back will be a problem.

Then I heard this morning class95 someone feedback he was stuck for 13hrs coming back. [dead]

this one dec 2018 article. Last week was worse than this though 

this one dec 2018 article. Last week was worse than this though 

Haha...thanks.

Now we know. Any kinda holiday delays can go up to 8hrs or more.

Whether it's by car, bus or train...how to tahan siah?

Edited by Watwheels

Next time for those who want to get stuck in this crazy jam, they need to prepare a survival kit, like food, water, diaper, big plastic bag, empty bottles, medicated oil, panadol, maybe oxygen mask etc.  [laugh] 

Anyway, no heard that cars who stuck in the jam got breakdown le? Engine no overheat?

Next time for those who want to get stuck in this crazy jam, they need to prepare a survival kit, like food, water, diaper, big plastic bag, empty bottles, medicated oil, panadol, maybe oxygen mask etc.  [laugh] 

Anyway, no heard that cars who stuck in the jam got breakdown le? Engine no overheat?

Have lah. Saw this over the weekend :

https://youtu.be/7TW9RvaH5ug

• Praise 1

The efficiency on the other side cmi. After so many donkey years things never change. They just couldnt be bothered. If I were they I sure take mc and chao keng also. [laugh]

https://youtu.be/7TW9RvaH5ug

Oui, who take video at customs ah? [laugh]

I went in via Tuas on Saturday afternoon around 2plus after checking beat the jam app.

It was butter smooth which took me around 20 mins to clear both sides customs.

Came back via Tuas at 2200, Jam already starting and I cleared in about 50 mins, reached home at 2300..phew...

I saw one officer waving those on the extreme left (Q cutters) to use the lorry/bus lanes but no one dare to use.

Only 2 msia cars and 3 Singapore cars went down that lane...Any one tried lorry/bus lanes before at Tuas?

This one not breakdown but breakout on fire!  :o

That's why the new mrt line is crucial, yet it gets delayed indefinitely.

MRT also cannot do much, dont think it can handle also. Think the problem lies on the custom counters, if the custom counter slow or not enough counter opened, MRT or not also can jam 8 hours.

I went in via Tuas on Saturday afternoon around 2plus after checking beat the jam app.

Came back via Tuas at 2200, Jam already starting and I cleared in about 50 mins, reached home at 2300..phew...

I saw one officer waving those on the extreme left (Q cutters) to use the lorry/bus lanes but no one dare to use.

Only 2 msia cars and 3 Singapore cars went down that lane...Any one tried lorry/bus lanes before at Tuas?

If the custom officer direct them to use the lorry/bus lanes, think should be ok? Wonder why no one dare to use? Lol.

Sat night on way back from JB via causeway  Singapore side I was channeled to the lorry counters.  Only difference they checked boot first then check passports.

That's why the new mrt line is crucial, yet it gets delayed indefinitely.

No, it's not crucial. Dr M will disagree with you.

These ppl dont want to deploy more officers at the kustom. Sure delay wan what. They just couldnt be bothered cos it's not their problem. You get what I mean? To them it's the sinkies who wants to come and go.

Edited by Watwheels

I foresee many travelers will choose to travel by mrt if and when it is running. Why ? Cos by mrt the journey sure no jam unlike cars and buses. But I cannot figure out, whether Malaysia actually welcome Singapore travelers or not, which benefits their economy.

Edited by pinto22sg

Sat night on way back from JB via causeway  Singapore side I was channeled to the lorry counters.  Only difference they checked boot first then check passports.

Woodlands side i tried before in my friend car...but first time i see happening at 2nd link.

The cars go around the officer and join back the Q...

I wanted to try but was at the 2nd extreme left Q...

I foresee many travelers will choose to travel by mrt if and when it is running. Why ? Cos by mrt the journey sure no jam unlike cars and buses. But I cannot figure out, whether Malaysia actually welcome Singapore travelers or not, which benefits their economy.

It's gonna be the same!

https://mothership.sg/2019/08/massive-queues-national-day-checkpoint/?fbclid=IwAR3dvzjJ32-bE9lJPdTCRq_a-cDbPaz8Ljqs6vEk6auFmtSQJDNfv0ZROC4

post-64068-0-73153500-1565685583_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement