Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Next time for those who want to get stuck in this crazy jam, they need to prepare a survival kit, like food, water, diaper, big plastic bag, empty bottles, medicated oil, panadol, maybe oxygen mask etc.  [laugh] 

Anyway, no heard that cars who stuck in the jam got breakdown le? Engine no overheat?

I also kena stuck at the second link for close to 4 hours, on Sunday night. 

Going to malaysia by road, this is one of the parameters that you gotta live with . No point in cursing or getting upset about the crowd.

I have experienced a crowd of lesser proportions even at the KLIA2 (air asia terminal) once when returning on a PH from KL. Almost missed the flight since we were in the queue for close to 1 hour....

Anyways crowd in the checkpoint is a gamble, you win some, you loose some. 

↡ Advertisement

Boh dai boh ji also jam! Always $G side. ð

Don't think the 7 hours jam over the weekend is caused by SG side. It is back flow traffic from MY custom I believe. If It is, i hope some heads will roll as it indicates a total lack of planning.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/travellers-endure-long-waits-at-tuas-and-woodlands-checkpoints-over-the-weekend

Long waits at Tuas and Woodlands Checkpoints, with some delays hitting 8 hours

Heng, never go. My wife pester me to go on Saturday. I told her ppl there having Haji holiday, coming back will be a problem.

Then I heard this morning class95 someone feedback he was stuck for 13hrs coming back. [dead]

13hrs?

Wow, some people make $10k in 13hrs

Turbocharged

After 54 years, the situation of the land crossing between Msia and SGP still remains as primitive as ever.

It is really unacceptable that after 54 years, cars still need to stuck for hours and hours between the two countries. Pple could have fly to another part of the globe within those hours.

• Praise 2

After 54 years, the situation of the land crossing between Msia and SGP still remains as primitive as ever.

It is really unacceptable that after 54 years, cars still need to stuck for hours and hours between the two countries. Pple could have fly to another part of the globe within those hours.

7 hrs i can fly from $inkland to Melbourne  [wave]

it shows that car become affordable and cheaper after 54 years [laugh]

this weekend will be normal, i hope. with all those that have jam over this 4 days long weekend will not dare to go again so soon.

Normal means 2-3hrs jam?

2-3 hrs jam is normal?

:D

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 3

this weekend will be normal, i hope. with all those that have jam over this 4 days long weekend will not dare to go again so soon.

Think even on normal weekend also default might jam, must not like 8-10 hours but also at least 1 hour or more?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 3

Think even on normal weekend also default might jam, must not like 8-10 hours but also at least 1 hour or more?

Weekend one hr can clear both custom, lim pay tok sat ah!  [knife]  muayhahaha!

• Praise 1

Both customs were built years ago with causway dated even way back.

With exchange rate at 1:3, an influx of Msian coming in to work and Singaporean going over to spend, the capacity poised serious bottleneck. Isn't it the same as our MRT capacity when agencies did not work together to cope with population increased.

Both countries need to work on either increasing it capacity, redefine its border crossing sequence or have another link as soon as possible. With all security measures in place, expansion is the only way IMHO.

On the same ground, with long waiting hours and yet still experience high cross-border activities, we should not build T5.  [laugh]

For goodness sake there really has got to be a solution for this.

Anything more than 1 hour simply means the whole set-up whether sg or my, is not fit for purpose in this day and age.

Edited by Sopskysalat

Turbocharged

Both customs were built years ago with causway dated even way back.

With exchange rate at 1:3, an influx of Msian coming in to work and Singaporean going over to spend, the capacity poised serious bottleneck. Isn't it the same as our MRT capacity when agencies did not work together to cope with population increased.

Both countries need to work on either increasing it capacity, redefine its border crossing sequence or have another link as soon as possible. With all security measures in place, expansion is the only way IMHO.

On the same ground, with long waiting hours and yet still experience high cross-border activities, we should not build T5. [laugh]

Whatever the measures, we can see this thread started in 2012. After 7 years things actually go downhill with new records set every long weekend. Seriously, if both sides' MHA ministers and ICA chiefs don't know how to resolve this, amid claims of good bilateral relations, then it needs new heads.

no amount of MRT can solve this human congestion

It all depends on where would the immigration counters be positioned. Imagine if Singapore not allow immigration processing done at designated mrt station within Singapore citing past Tanjong Pagar bad experience, then will be same old same old.

↡ Advertisement