Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

On 12/11/2019 at 9:12 AM, Alpha78 said:

Sometimes the boys in blue need to be pushed. If TS is determined enough to try to ambush the fellow at night, catch the fellow red-handed at the stated car park, then call 999 to activate the police, they have no more excuses to say they need more time to investigate. They jolly well clamp the car, or tow it away, or ambush the driver when he comes to pick up the car.

Just ask them to issue summon. No point challenging the authorities unless you prepared to do squats in a dirty cell. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

Just wondering. For speeding, if they waive and stop you, then say the camera caught you, can they be trusted? Their camera process the number plate so fast and their TP know immediately it is you out of all cars that passed by?

Even LTA don't trigger summon notifications immediately.

i think they need your kopi more than your trust. 😂. The most unlucky is even you dont speed they also say you speeding. Dont waste time to argue, just ask them the summon and move on. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

Just wondering. For speeding, if they waive and stop you, then say the camera caught you, can they be trusted? Their camera process the number plate so fast and their TP know immediately it is you out of all cars that passed by?

Even LTA don't trigger summon notifications immediately.

Once stopped, wind down window and hand over license.

If it’s a bluff, no summon.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

check again tomorrow :D

Very interesting traffic patterns these few days, look like many workers have gone back home to celebrate cny. Tomorrow will check again.

Turbocharged
35 minutes ago, Cllee said:

Very interesting traffic patterns these few days, look like many workers have gone back home to celebrate cny. Tomorrow will check again.

Yup. Usually weekdays between 9am-3pm will be jam along the bridge. This whole week seems to be quite exceptional. Traffic were sparse and smooth. I believe many high-ses driving Malaysian PRs would have taken leave to go back their home town. Left this low-ses motor riding 马劳 working their ass off. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

Yup. Usually weekdays between 9am-3pm will be jam along the bridge. This whole week seems to be quite exceptional. Traffic were sparse and smooth. I believe many high-ses driving Malaysian PRs would have taken leave to go back their home town. Left this low-ses motor riding 马劳 working their ass off. 

My neighbour left house at 1am this morning.  Hope no jam

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Why is the damn jam always on $G side?????

Screenshot_20200122-232544_Checkpointsg.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-232529_Checkpointsg.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-232521_Checkpointsg.jpg

Cos all going to wash, polish, wax their cars b4 CNY.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Yes, my question was.... the same vol of traffic, why bottle-necked only on one end?

I dunno. Based on my years of experience crossing the causeway SG->JB, during afternoon, the jams will be on the bridge. Come evening/night, the jam will be on SG side. My take is they switch half the checkpoint booths to cater to motorcycles returning from work. So it creates a bottleneck for cars. And with that, thats why we don't see the jam on the bridge like it would in the afternoon.

Back in SG liao. My first time ever, both side custom so clear until unbelievable. From KSL mall to Senoko BCH factory outlet, 30mins!!!

75% of the counters at both sides are open for business. If they keep it up this way or 100% open, sure will be this clear all the time.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Forgot to add, custom officer very on. Check the bags in the boot, side door holders and glove compartment for prohibited stuff. Lucky, I no buy Bak Kwa there. Wifey wanted to but I convinced her not to and go to our usual BCH factory outlet to buy.

• Haha! 3