Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Hypersonic
(edited)

in malaysia, always go for ron 100...  the pump is usually empty and no need to wait for your turn esp during busy periods

sometimes got free gifts like mineral water or tissue box or even free tyre shine and windscreen cleaning service

😅

Edited by Enye
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 4/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, sonic_kp said:

If TnG inactive due to never use more than 2yrs, not able to re-active back when u go jb custom to tap on their road charge reader. Just went in to tested myself.

2.There are peopel at customer selling new TnG card , payment will be by credit card. They mentioned they accept sg credit card as well.

3. Sg customer officer very*  on the ball*in checking 3/4 fuel level. Or mayb im unfortunate that being check morning 8am

4. Access to malaysia custom, no issue. Never ask for malaysia trace togrhter app

For me from Tuas yesterday:

1. My T&G also not used more than 2yrs, but the guy in yellow vest (standing behind the counter) checked against their machine said mine is okay cos the card expiry is 2023. And no worries if I linked my card to the T&G app. Sure enough, went thru the tolls later without issue.

2. Yes, that guy also wear yellow vest, stood beside the guy with this reader.

3. Yes.. true for me. Mine was very slightly below 3/4. Perhaps 1mm below? I was okay. Those in the middle of 3/4 and 1/2. No idea liow. Good luck trying.

4. The Customs officer asked to see the Mysentrara app. Then in the malls also the same. Every single shop need to scan QR code. Similar to us doing TT in the initial stage.

5. On return. SG customs office checked my boot and cabin. I think demo to the younglings LOL. Did not ask to see the SG Arrival. Not sure if it's already inside their system. We did it a couple hours prior.

• Praise 3

Just now, Mooose said:

"lucky" turned away and not get a fine ..

First time warning next time fine.

For people that claim ignorance of 3/4 rule.

:D

My MIL tell me one.

• Haha! 1

So far those who went in to Malaysia got see more polis on the road or not ah? They got patrol  the roads more I mean inspect/summon more Singapore cars or not 😆

• Haha! 1

3/4 fuel tank can X ray

Electric car empty battery how to X ray?

Just need to "program" EV to show "full" battery.

My MIL selling her magic switch that will show your car got 3/4.

If anyone want she selling cheap.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

So far those who went in to Malaysia got see more polis on the road or not ah? They got patrol  the roads more I mean inspect/summon more Singapore cars or not 😆

Don't see them safer.

My MIL say one.

She more scared of them than criminals.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Mooose said:

"lucky" turned away and not get a fine ..

I thought turned away means kanna fined and asked to turn back.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

46 minutes ago, Solar said:

For me from Tuas yesterday:

1. My T&G also not used more than 2yrs, but the guy in yellow vest (standing behind the counter) checked against their machine said mine is okay cos the card expiry is 2023. And no worries if I linked my card to the T&G app. Sure enough, went thru the tolls later without issue.

2. Yes, that guy also wear yellow vest, stood beside the guy with this reader.

3. Yes.. true for me. Mine was very slightly below 3/4. Perhaps 1mm below? I was okay. Those in the middle of 3/4 and 1/2. No idea liow. Good luck trying.

4. The Customs officer asked to see the Mysentrara app. Then in the malls also the same. Every single shop need to scan QR code. Similar to us doing TT in the initial stage.

5. On return. SG customs office checked my boot and cabin. I think demo to the younglings LOL. Did not ask to see the SG Arrival. Not sure if it's already inside their system. We did it a couple hours prior.

Re point #5.

I travel throughout the COVID period frequently, via Changi Airport. Am familiar with ICA’s SG Arrival app. The app is used for immigration, not for the purpose of customs check.

So, once past immigration, customs will not be interested in SG Arrival.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
47 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

I went NSHW, nope..

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

New car with no RFID tags for VEP, now to drive in ? When this cannot be done in Singapore.

bolehland said must show proof you have registered VEP ... either by email confirmation or sort and print hardcopy ... 

seriously, who cares? [sly]  [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I thought turned away means kanna fined and asked to turn back.

oh! then orbi good! haha!

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

bolehland said must show proof you have registered VEP ... either by email confirmation or sort and print hardcopy ... 

seriously, who cares? [sly]  [laugh] 

They have been saying for a long time.

I don’t bother to register.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

Re point #5.

I travel throughout the COVID period frequently, via Changi Airport. Am familiar with ICA’s SG Arrival app. The app is used for immigration, not for the purpose of customs check.

So, once past immigration, customs will not be interested in SG Arrival.

This official mouthpiece says need wor...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-malaysia-travel-causeway-tuas-second-link-apr-1-faq-vep-vaccination-2591351

"Q: Do I need entry cards?

Yes. For entry to Singapore, all travellers - including Singapore citizens, permanent residents and long-term pass holders - are required to complete their SG arrival card within three days before arriving at the checkpoints, according to the SafeTravel website.

The SG arrival card, along with its electronic health declaration, will facilitate the submission of personal information, trip details and health declaration by all travellers seeking entry to Singapore.

On Malaysia's side, there are no entry cards required at the land border."

(edited)
5 hours ago, Enye said:

in malaysia, always go for ron 100...  the pump is usually empty and no need to wait for your turn esp during busy periods

sometimes got free gifts like mineral water or tissue box or even free tyre shine and windscreen cleaning service

😅

Have some questions  - 

1. In Malaysia it is pay first pump later right ? So if self pump how do I fill the tank if I don't know how much volume is remaining ! ( if need to pay first) 

2. Can I pay with credit card ? 

I have the Amaze card tied to my CPMC https://www.instarem.com/en-sg/amaze so can technically tap overseas with minimal bank charges. 

Edited by shrjun

32 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Have some questions  - 

1. In Malaysia it is pay first pump later right ? So if self pump how do I fill the tank if I don't know how much volume is remaining ! ( if need to pay first) 

2. Can I pay with credit card ? 

I have the Amaze card tied to my CPMC https://www.instarem.com/en-sg/amaze so can technically tap overseas with minimal bank charges. 

1) usually can pump first then pay. But if doing at wee hours like after midnight, they may ask for upfront cash first 

If need to pay cash first, they will return you the excess amount, or you top up extra - depending on the final cost of the fuel.

2) yes most petrol station can pay by card. But not safe to pay at pump as high chance of getting card cloned or details stolen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3