Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

32 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Have some questions  - 

1. In Malaysia it is pay first pump later right ? So if self pump how do I fill the tank if I don't know how much volume is remaining ! ( if need to pay first) 

2. Can I pay with credit card ? 

I have the Amaze card tied to my CPMC https://www.instarem.com/en-sg/amaze so can technically tap overseas with minimal bank charges. 

1. Pay a fixed amount eg rm100 or rm200, then proceed to pump, if u pump up to e amount u paid, either u drive off or if wan to pump full, go back pay another rd then pump till full, then go back to payment counter and get back balance.

2. Master, visa tried b4, no problem. No sure abt amaze card tho..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Solar said:

This official mouthpiece says need wor...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-malaysia-travel-causeway-tuas-second-link-apr-1-faq-vep-vaccination-2591351

"Q: Do I need entry cards?

Yes. For entry to Singapore, all travellers - including Singapore citizens, permanent residents and long-term pass holders - are required to complete their SG arrival card within three days before arriving at the checkpoints, according to the SafeTravel website.

The SG arrival card, along with its electronic health declaration, will facilitate the submission of personal information, trip details and health declaration by all travellers seeking entry to Singapore.

On Malaysia's side, there are no entry cards required at the land border."

Based on my experience when I went in on 1st and 7 April -

Either the Aetos ppl or the ICA staff may ask you about the health declaration form submission.

Most important point is the form should be filled and submitted when in overseas. NOT in advance before leaving Singapore. So even for day trip, it should be filled up anytime after leaving sg until the point you meet the ICA staff when coming back to sg. 

If you tell them u submitted in advance in Singapore, time will be wasted as they will nag at you for not doing the health declaration properly. My companion kenna this ytd so I know abt it.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, shrjun said:

Have some questions  - 

1. In Malaysia it is pay first pump later right ? So if self pump how do I fill the tank if I don't know how much volume is remaining ! ( if need to pay first) 

I have the Amaze card tied to my CPMC https://www.instarem.com/en-sg/amaze so can technically tap overseas with minimal bank charges. 

1.  can put cash deposit first to ask cashier to activate the pump.....then go in to pay by credit card and take back your cash or if don't use credit card, settle the remaining sum net of your deposit.

2.  if pay by credit card at pump, think need credit card pin.  then no need to go to cashier.  swipe card at pump, key in pin, pump, take receipt printout then drive off

thats what i remember after 2 years 😅

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Enye said:

1.  can put cash deposit first to ask cashier to activate the pump.....then go in to pay by credit card and take back your cash or if don't use credit card, settle the remaining sum net of your deposit.

2.  if pay by credit card at pump, think need credit card pin.  then no need to go to cashier.  swipe card at pump, key in pin, pump, take receipt printout then drive off

thats what i remember after 2 years 😅

aiya ... just put RM200 on the counter and pump song song till full then come back for the change lo if any ... 

full tank not fuel ten ! :grin:

now with the current RON97/RON100 price RM200 not enough liao ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, shrjun said:

Have some questions  - 

Usually I go to the counter and tell them my pump number and pay 100rm first , then come out and pump. Go back and get back the difference after done pumping. For kiosks with staffs moving around like those just after JB custom can just ask them activate and tell them full tank. I only use cash, not comfortable with credit card. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Usually I go to the counter and tell them my pump number and pay 100rm first , then come out and pump. Go back and get back the difference after done pumping. For kiosks with staffs moving around like those just after JB custom can just ask them activate and tell them full tank. I only use cash, not comfortable with credit card. 

every time i pump in jb ... the guy with a pouch with cash will come and i say ... fulllllllllllllll

pump until song song and pay him cash la ... so easy ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
On 4/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, Wt_know said:

i disagree ... it's true that it's no wrong to "save money" but it's wrong to commit "offense"

pump ron95 is an offense because it's not allowed for sinkie car

cheong jb with empty tank is an offense (whether caught or not)

evade tax is an offense (whether caught or not) but of course richie got their auditor/lawyer suit up to play loophole then become not wrong

it's no wrong to cheong jb for KFC (cheaper and same say tastier) but cannot bring in KFC and expect to clear custom .. even there are "success" stories ... :grin:

https://mothership.sg/2022/03/kfc-dabao-johor-bahru-singapore/

I believe some are not aware or forgot about the ron95 rules.. the station staff should have reminded customers.  Last time I also dabao KFC back for dinner in SG.. today then I read here that it is not allowed.

2 hours ago, Solar said:

This official mouthpiece says need wor...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-malaysia-travel-causeway-tuas-second-link-apr-1-faq-vep-vaccination-2591351

"Q: Do I need entry cards?

Yes. For entry to Singapore, all travellers - including Singapore citizens, permanent residents and long-term pass holders - are required to complete their SG arrival card within three days before arriving at the checkpoints, according to the SafeTravel website.

The SG arrival card, along with its electronic health declaration, will facilitate the submission of personal information, trip details and health declaration by all travellers seeking entry to Singapore.

On Malaysia's side, there are no entry cards required at the land border."

I didn’t say don’t need to fill. One will definitely need to fill up the SG Arrival app.

I merely said that SG Arrival is for immigration, not customs purposes.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

every time i pump in jb ... the guy with a pouch with cash will come and i say ... fulllllllllllllll

pump until song song and pay him cash la ... so easy ... 

yup for those popular kiosk usually will have the staffs walking around they will activate then just pay them cash once done. For those further away usually no staff around I'll just walk in to pay deposit or if there's not much cars around I'll signal to the cashier inside to activate the pump. Usually they ok to activate it without deposit. 

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Enye said:

i prefer to use cc because cc give another 8% rebate on the petrol spend

😁

credit card DIY activate and pay at the pump?

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

credit card DIY activate and pay at the pump?

if your cc has pin then can activate and pay at pump....swipe at pump already the machine will ask for pin to authenticate before activating pump

mine boh pin so go cashier to pay by cc 

😅

10 minutes ago, Enye said:

i prefer to use cc because cc give another 8% rebate on the petrol spend

😁

Singapore bank's issued credit cards also got rebate on petrol spent in MY? 

Hypersonic
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Singapore bank's issued credit cards also got rebate on petrol spent in MY? 

yes ...citibank cash back is international spend not limited to local or my for all the rebate categories ie petrol, dining, groceries

got other bank cards too....usually they dont care where you spend nowadays but rebates are subject to monthly caps

read the detailed t&cs 

😁

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 2

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Enye said:

yes ...citibank cash back is international spend not limited to local or my for all the rebate categories ie petrol, dining, groceries

got other bank cards too....usually they dont care where you spend nowadays but rebates are subject to monthly caps

read the detailed t&cs 

😁

but the sgd/myr exchange rate sucks somemore there is addition ccy fees (currency conversion fees) … worth it meh for using sg credit card in msia?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

but the sgd/myr exchange rate sucks somemore there is addition ccy fees (currency conversion fees) … worth it meh for using sg credit card in msia?

yes lah… i compared previously around 4% give back due to poorer ex rate and fees

still can take back ~4%

😅

On 4/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, Dannnn said:

Many dont get it clear.

Its in Johor/JB area where you cant pump RON95. further up north you can liao.

so many photos of them maybe is further up north and no JB.

True. Few years ago, I pulled into a petrol station some where in Muar district which only dispensed RON 95! So, I had no choice, just pumped!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1