Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Came back from JB yesterday afternoon - ok as we all know - Spore side booth need to insert CASHCARD to pay toll - Go IN and OUT. Do you all realize the Cash Card Reader at the Booth is still only able to Read the OLD Cashcard with Chip de !!! Wah lao imagine if driver only has Flashpay Cashcard - how huh! Zzzzzz

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Came back from JB yesterday afternoon - ok as we all know - Spore side booth need to insert CASHCARD to pay toll - Go IN and OUT. Do you all realize the Cash Card Reader at the Booth is still only able to Read the OLD Cashcard with Chip de !!! Wah lao imagine if driver only has Flashpay Cashcard - how huh! Zzzzzz

No la, am using flashpay and no issue for me to go in and out. Have done multiple times both through Woodlands and second link. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Coming back need to pay?

4 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

sure or not? i know tuas need to pay coming back in... causeway i dont think so (personal experience, never paid)

1 hour ago, AndrewLee72 said:

@Voodooman i go in via Tuas. Come back via Tuas. Both times need to pay using the old type with chip cash card!!! I didnt see any reader there that can accept flashpay cash card leh.. pls enlighten me.

Mine is the flash pay card and I use the same reader that's outside the window  (no special reader).

There has never been an issue as far as I remember 

4 hours ago, Mrlancergtx said:

No la, am using flashpay and no issue for me to go in and out. Have done multiple times both through Woodlands and second link. 

Agreed. I have been using Flashpay Cashcard too

• Praise 3

19 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

I've been using flashpay card for years, even before covid. NO need chip type also can. Sg side in out payment is only at Tuas. Woodlands only pay when going out. 

The only issues I've is with the EZlink touchngo card, most of the time cannot work though sometimes can.

Edited by Dafansu

This morning left home at 6.15 am. Thought since Thursday, might be less traffic. Reach the tip of the ramp (AYE) towards checkpoint (Tuas) at 6.42 am and stuck for 1 hr and 5 minutes before clearing SG Immigration.  

Then stuck at JB checkpoint for 55 minutes. :ouch-it-hurts:

Total spend waiting in the queue on both sides, 2 hours.

On returning in the evening at 4.35 pm, spend 25 minutes at JB checkpoint and 45 minutes at Tuas checkpoint. 

Look like MY Immigration clears faster than SG Immigration. :wut:

And we are complaining MY Immigration is slow. :slow:

That's my experience today. :secret-laugh:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

45 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

This morning left home at 6.15 am. Thought since Thursday, might be less traffic. Reach the tip of the ramp (AYE) towards checkpoint (Tuas) at 6.42 am and stuck for 1 hr and 5 minutes before clearing SG Immigration.  

On returning in the evening at 4.35 pm, spend 25 minutes at JB checkpoint and 45 minutes at Tuas checkpoint. 

depends, not every trip will be the same, most of the time for my trips will be MY side slow. 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

My experience was different.

Yesterday 10pm  stuck at JB custom causeway for 1hr plus and 15 mins at sing custom.

• Praise 2

On a weekday thurs at 6am plus, still can get stuck going into JB? Thought should be the other direction going to SG from JB would get stuck during that timing?

Don't think that is representative of what is going on at the checkpoints since reopening.  

During peak hours, the immigration counters that are opened and manned at both sides will tell you who is not doing enough to resolve the issue of 3-4 hours jams during super peak period.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Don't think that is representative of what is going on at the checkpoints since reopening.  

During peak hours, the immigration counters that are opened and manned at both sides will tell you who is not doing enough to resolve the issue of 3-4 hours jams during super peak period.

Funny was that, they (SG Imm) knew of the jam from AYE but still they open only D2.

D1, D3 and D4 closed. (D stands for Departure)

In D2, only 3 counters on each side open (total 6 counters).

I understand that D3 & D4 closed due to upgrading & installation of new check-in machines where one have to "own self check-in own self" (driver and passengers) but D1 not opened. :lll._.:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1