Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

13 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Funny was that, they (SG Imm) knew of the jam from AYE but still they open only D2.

D1, D3 and D4 closed. (D stands for Departure)

In D2, only 3 counters on each side open (total 6 counters).

I understand that D3 & D4 closed due to upgrading & installation of new check-in machines where one have to "own self check-in own self" (driver and passengers) but D1 not opened. :lll._.:

Actually 1 hour to clear SG immigration during peak holiday season is really within tolerance level but I avoid day trip to JB during this period. Not worth it.

Usually during peak, SG will open most counters, and when things are really bad, the lorry lanes, can’t fault them. 

↡ Advertisement

it’s LLST situation la

i normally crossed Tuas at 3-4am and there are only 2 counters opened

hence, a bit of queing

then i was thinking if i am ICA, why would i want to staff people to open 6-8 or more counters at 3-4am

so even driver go at 3-4am, because only open 2 counters … LL has to queue and take sometime to cross

resource is limited … cost is limited …

unless we reach a way of “unmanned counter” and direct crossing

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

it’s LLST situation la

i normally crossed Tuas at 3-4am and there are only 2 counters opened

hence, a bit of queing

then i was thinking if i am ICA, why would i want to staff people to open 6-8 or more counters at 3-4am

so even driver go at 3-4am, because only open 2 counters … LL has to queue and take sometime to cross

resource is limited … cost is limited …

unless we reach a way of “unmanned counter” and direct crossing

Woodland checkpoint has 2 manual clearing counters for motorcycle.

Most of the time, only 1 counter is open.

Ever since border re-open, every Saturday, 7 morning 8 morning, long q of cyclist waiting to exit.

Still only 1 counter is open

40 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Actually 1 hour to clear SG immigration during peak holiday season is really within tolerance level but I avoid day trip to JB during this period. Not worth it.

Usually during peak, SG will open most counters, and when things are really bad, the lorry lanes, can’t fault them. 

This time round, WHY ? 

Open only few counters for Departure & Arrival.... :lll._.:

Sg  money grubbing gahmen want sinkies to stay in sinkapore to spend money to enrich and fatten gahmen coffers. That’s why make it so frustrating to cross border to MY. 🙄🙄🤬🤬

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Woodland checkpoint has 2 manual clearing counters for motorcycle.

Most of the time, only 1 counter is open.

Ever since border re-open, every Saturday, 7 morning 8 morning, long q of cyclist waiting to exit.

Still only 1 counter is open

cyclist can't use the auto clearance lane? 

where do they park their bikes while queueing for the manual counter? not much space there

28 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Both sides having

school holidays, Christmas mood shopping still not Peak Period. [sweatdrop]

Maybe their peak are those long weekends...  :secret-laugh:

You went on a weekday and you reached Tuas before 7am and returned before 5pm.

Try departing weekends after 8am and return after 7pm on Sunday during school holidays bro. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Funny was that, they (SG Imm) knew of the jam from AYE but still they open only D2.

D1, D3 and D4 closed. (D stands for Departure)

In D2, only 3 counters on each side open (total 6 counters).

I understand that D3 & D4 closed due to upgrading & installation of new check-in machines where one have to "own self check-in own self" (driver and passengers) but D1 not opened. :lll._.:

I have always said. Priority is still clearance at changi airport where the more important tourist will come in and out.
At the land check points it’s mainly citizens of both side. who cares! 

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

cyclist can't use the auto clearance lane? 

where do they park their bikes while queueing for the manual counter? not much space there

For automatic clearance, need to register with ICA.

For manual clearance, just stand there with the bike and wait for the ICA officer to process the passport.

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

You went on a weekday and you reached Tuas before 7am and returned before 5pm.

Try departing weekends after 8am and return after 7pm on Sunday during school holidays bro. 

Have tried.... 😎

But I starts at 4.00 am not 6.00 am during weekends. 😉

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i have an official principal that “never” drive up to genting or cameron in december raining season … 

Good rule for me to adopt too.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Mohjoe said:

Good rule for me to adopt too.

That is actually the best time to visit. There is nothing much there these days except the cool weather.

I have given up on the 2 mountain resorts, unrestrained development over the years have totally killed off the charm of both places.

Now I just go KL for the food, might start revisiting the islands off Terengganu or Johor next year.

13 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

That is actually the best time to visit. There is nothing much there these days except the cool weather.

I have given up on the 2 mountain resorts, unrestrained development over the years have totally killed off the charm of both places.

Now I just go KL for the food, might start revisiting the islands off Terengganu or Johor next year.

I understand Genting is cool most times of the year, so giving up the rainy season sounds reasonable. For me, driving up and down when the road is wet is the most fun part… I know, I’m a bit of an idiot, hahaha…

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

For automatic clearance, need to register with ICA.

For manual clearance, just stand there with the bike and wait for the ICA officer to process the passport.

the automatic clearance registration requirement is only for bicycle right? i don't remember doing it for my motorbikes

↡ Advertisement