Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Didn't Shan mentioned 92% of counters were manned? 

You might not agree but 92% is full capacity to me.

Shan ask chief no. 1 to find out what % of counters were manned.

Chief no. 1 assign the task to chief no. 2.

Chief no. 2 assigned the task  to chief no. 3

Chief no. 3 ask kahkia what % is the number ?

kahkia fed up and said the number is 50%

Chief 3 reported 60% to chief 2, to try and bump up the number to look better.

Chief 2 bump up the number and report 70% to chief no. 1

Chief 1 report 90% to Shan.

Shan says it should be better, and his number is 92%

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 9

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Didn't Shan mentioned 92% of counters were manned? 

You might not agree but 92% is full capacity to me.

92% :slow:

Has he try driving in at 5.00 am in the morning beginning of long weekends and see how many counters opened ? [sly]

• Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

So the jams at checkpoints due to some inconsiderate drivers. 

Not the fault of the checkpoint who refused to open up more counters. 

I wonder what are all the CCTV for? If you see motorists cutting into lanes over the bridge at woodland or having to cut between lanes (assuming the lanes and traffic design is fantastic), then are these inconsiderate drivers summon? 

Inconsiderate drivers are usually the regular drivers, if they are summoned each time they drive inconsiderately, I am sure they drive very carefully liao. If CCTV captured but no action, of course it is for show only.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Has he try driving in at 5.00 am in the morning beginning of long weekends and see how many counters opened ? [sly]

Why would ICA open all the counters at 5am in the morning? 

That is why I said 92% is average.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Why would ICA open all the counters at 5am in the morning? 

That is why I said 92% is average.

Unmanned motorcycle counter may be 100%

Manned motorcycle counter 50% (1 out of 2)

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I am sure many netizens would also be triggered if at 5am can see all the counters open big big. How can waste money like that really wasting our resources. I always say must strike balance but that is very impossible to please everyone lah. To me, some things you know I know can already.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I wonder what are all the CCTV for? If you see motorists cutting into lanes over the bridge at woodland or having to cut between lanes (assuming the lanes and traffic design is fantastic), then are these inconsiderate drivers summon? 

Inconsiderate drivers are usually the regular drivers, if they are summoned each time they drive inconsiderately, I am sure they drive very carefully liao. If CCTV captured but no action, of course it is for show only.

To show that we have many 'eyes' around, tough Laws, no nonsense country and so no hanky panky..... :yuush:

Got summon or not, later than talk.... :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 1

Just now, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

B'cos that's peak hours for motorist rush in to MY.... 😁

custom would not see it as "peak hour"

else they would step up capacity to 110% 

even a simple app has the trend of peak and non-peak and real time data

isn't sinkieland always advocate to use big data to do their jobs effectively?

• Praise 2

My experience at woodland check point. if everyone follow their lane and queue, it is fairly smooth although you just have to wait if there are more vehicles. problem starts when some try to cut queue, that interrupt the flow. The 'cut queue' situation happens at specific spots, merging lanes and at the end of the bridge where vehicle using the motorcycle lanes try to cut back into the car lane. On coming back, once you cleared the custom, if you are on the right side, you are forced to turn right down the woodland town centre traffic light and then cross over to the flyover to go onto BKE. Whilst if you are on the left, you can get onto BKE directly. 

Knowing this problem, can't the authority make some additional revenue by placing CCTV or police to issue summons? Malaysia side is a different story and something we cannot interfere. 

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I am sure many netizens would also be triggered if at 5am can see all the counters open big big. How can waste money like that really wasting our resources. I always say must strike balance but that is very impossible to please everyone lah. To me, some things you know I know can already.

Not asking for more but at least 10 counters open..... 😎

I went in 3 days (weekdays) before Xmas for a 1 day trip to Yong Peng. Arrived at 6.00 am at Tuas Checkpoints, D2 (Departure Complex) opened. D1, D3 & D4 Closed.

D2 is for leaving Singapore. Only 6 counters open (3 on the left & 3 on the right) out of 16 counters. 4 lanes traffic squeeze to 2 lanes and than 2 lanes squeeze to 1 lane each side (left & right), sure jam lor... 😪

Queue from the checkpoint to AYE before going up ramp. Caught in that jam for 55 minutes. 

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

D2 is for leaving Singapore. Only 6 counters open (3 on the left & 3 on the right) out of 16 counters. 4 lanes traffic squeeze to 2 lanes and than 2 lanes squeeze to 1 lane each side (left & right), sure jam lor... 😪

sounds about right

squeeze here squeeze there

pattern more than badminton and see who got better skill and balls to cut in

that's the unnecessary anxiety and anger 

and kuku driver kena bully with 3-5 cars cut in front 

those stuck behind get angry and inpatient 

and then start to change lane

that's what shan says "inconsiderate" drivers?

inconsiderate driver is also situational created

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

17 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I don't understand why a minister can give such remarks. If you have a system and people didn't obey the system, you issue summons. Will there be inconsiderate drivers? If you don't apply your rules, obviously you are inviting motorists to do whatever they want.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/inconsiderate-driving-added-congestion-woodlands-tuas-checkpoints-shanmugam-3194716

never have i seen queue cutters getting the ticket, worse still, now the sign has been removed where it used to be hung on the flyover into woodlands

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

sounds about right

squeeze here squeeze there

pattern more than badminton and see who got better skill and balls to cut in

that's the unnecessary anxiety and anger 

what happened to their boastful automated machine for clearance?

10 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

custom would not see it as "peak hour"

else they would step up capacity to 110% 

even a simple app has the trend of peak and non-peak and real time data

isn't sinkieland always advocate to use big data to do their jobs effectively?

Ya.....  

Even their simple app like Road Cam also not accurate.... 😑

From monitor look clear traffic and upon reaching there, jam... 😣

Maybe everybody look at cam and see no jam, all rush there at the same time causing the jam again.  😁

So, every time I am going in to MY, I will starts at 5.00 am in the morning. Take the risk of 2 hours or more jam and by then, 7.30 am. Can have nice breakfast of Tim Sum at Gelang Patah. 😋😋

• Praise 2

time for shanmugam to drive across his woodlands customs using our peasant lanes, see how he likes the massage given to his tender ass as his car navigates the many humps

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Ya.....  

Even their simple app like Road Cam also not accurate.... 😑

From monitor look clear traffic and upon reaching there, jam... 😣

Maybe everybody look at cam and see no jam, all rush there at the same time causing the jam again.  😁

So, every time I am going in to MY, I will starts at 5.00 am in the morning. Take the risk of 2 hours or more jam and by then, 7.30 am. Can have nice breakfast of Tim Sum at Gelang Patah. 😋😋

Anything can happens within 1 hour la

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1