Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Capital cost are depreciated annually.

Since these companies are profitable, that means capital cost is fully covered annually 

Over 30 or 100 years?

↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Are there any nice places to visit at Gelang Patah?

I go there for breakfast only (cos starts at 5.00am in SG side) after passing MY checkpoint before continue my journey northward.

Foods are tasty but beware, they put a lot of MSG (BKT)

After turning left from highway to Gelang Patah, turn left again at traffic junction. can see 3 story shophouses on the left.

3 or 4 coffee shops

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, Atonchia said:

If I have 20 staff.

18 goes to the counters, 2 standby or check boots.....

That's 90% man the counters.🤣

Checking boots are Aetos officers, passport counters from ICA, check fuel gauge are from Custom officers & PNSF, ... etc

So many departments there cannot have more manpower meh ??? 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Checking boots are Aetos officers, passport counters from ICA, check fuel gauge are from Custom officers & PNSF, ... etc

So many departments there cannot have more manpower meh ??? 

Maybe not enough fund to hire more AETOS officers, so cannot open to many counters....

If not also backlog due to checking boots🤣

12 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Maybe not enough fund to hire more AETOS officers, so cannot open to many counters....

Spend more money to hire more customs officers, make it easier for Sillypooreans to spend their money in JB, less fuel duties and GST collected, less money to spend. 

Must be siao to do it! 

PS that's why our roads are also poorly designed and built, more congestions = more ERP collections. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

No many ppl want to work as AETOS officers especially CIQ.  Msian avoid it.

Now I think Taiwanese also also it.

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Spend more money to hire more customs officers, make it easier for Sillypooreans to spend their money in JB, less fuel duties and GST collected, less money to spend. 

Must be siao to do it! 

PS that's why our roads are also poorly designed and built, more congestions = more ERP collections. 

It boils down to lousy driving skill la plus buying the wrong car (in comparison to their skill)

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Must be siao to do it! 

Some major Arterial road really CMI.

Dug up and the patch work was really lousy. 

53 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Vep is also a toll right?

I didn’t check when I tapped at the Malaysia customs (Tuas side) but the TNG transaction history shows all zero deductions for today all the way to KL.

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, Count_duku said:

I didn’t check when I tapped at the Malaysia customs (Tuas side) but the TNG transaction history shows all zero deductions for today all the way to KL.

Today and Tomorrow FOC due to CNY. 

• Praise 1

Just had a look at the jalanow cams and it seems the 2nd link jam going into MY starts just after the bridge over the sea. 

Seems like another record day.

IMG_20230121_070733.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

Just had a look at the jalanow cams and it seems the 2nd link jam going into MY starts just after the bridge over the sea. 

Seems like another record day.

IMG_20230121_070733.jpg

This type easily close to  2.5 to 3 hours just to reach Malaysia customs ..

On 1/12/2023 at 8:23 PM, Davidklt said:

This jam issues have been there for decades.

With a high speed rail, this can alleviate some choke pressures at the Woodlands customs or Tuas. 

But the MY side, in all their wisdom decided to cancel this.

I applaud the move to cancel HSR. It will never ever recover whatever money sunk in. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On 1/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, Volvobrick said:

Must be siao to do it! 

Totally agree about not spending more money on booths at the checkpoints except for lorries where our goods come in. Screw the local travelers. Might as well spend money in changi for spending foreigners to come in. 😂

• Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I applaud the move to cancel HSR. It will never ever recover whatever money sunk in. 

Its not about the money. This would play a part in addressing a decades-long issue of causeway jam and aviation inconveniences .

This being a car forum, I guess most of us drive.

If you have taken a bus opposite before, or you would know inconvenient it is, multiplie this with the tens of thousands crossings everyday X 365 days X another 25 years?

For a 45 mins flight to KL, your travel preparation is 3 to 4 times more the time needed for the flight .  

↡ Advertisement