Private nursing home recommendations

Littleknown

never an easy task.

I feel your pain.

My mom in law is a little senile. Now at a nursing home at econ.

For a care giver that is able to take care of some of the task like cleaning and bathing as well as feed her and do a bit of cooking, how much is expected to pay per month . Anyone here can chime in would be great.

Do you mean perm stay in your house kind or part time? Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement

My mum's condition is at the cancer thread. You can read the various challenges we faced then.

She is now minus an arm and a breast. Total bedridden and dementia. 100% reliant on my helper. Lucky that my current helper is great with taking care of my mum.

However she will be due for her holidays so we need to send my mum to a nursing home again for respite care.

If your mum's cancer is end stage, and certified by a physician to have under a year left, you can try a good hospice. As the stay is short term, you can opt for a single or double room as private patient. Being mainly charities, the fees are more affordable even for private patients as profit is not their goal. Assisi home even has a ward for dementia sufferers. Hospices take in patients end-stage with under a year of life left. The focus on pallative care and dignity to the end.       

• Praise 1

If your mum's cancer is end stage, and certified by a physician to have under a year left, you can try a good hospice. As the stay is short term, you can opt for a single or double room as private patient. Being mainly charities, the fees are more affordable even for private patients as profit is not their goal. Assisi home even has a ward for dementia sufferers. Hospices take in patients end-stage with under a year of life left. The focus on pallative care and dignity to the end.

At the moment no more cancer. She survived Sarcoma cancer and Breast cancer.

Do you mean perm stay in your house kind or part time?

I prefer something like morning come and evening go off. However full time also can, just that the family have to loose some privacy I supposed.

Not looking for a maid to do everything including taking care of her. That will be like an accident waiting to happen.

Ya. Tie her hands to the hospital bed. Otherwise she will pull out the feeding tube. Putting in the feeding tube is more painful. Its a no choice situation.

yeah. And sometimes , its unavoidable.

A friend recommended this provider Ninaktec to my family - they provide 24h monitoring, clinical staff will check in with us when they see something unusual with my mother's vitals and there is also a doctor coming to visit her like every month.

I think the good thing is that I feel more assured since somebody is looking at her health status 24/7 as compared to other home care when its just a few visits a week.

I highly recommend this!! Can check them out www.ninkatec.com

Very confused abt the options avail for terminal patients (not old folks/ community care but end stage patients)

There are Home care services, and there are Nursing home (are they different from hospice; like Dover, Assisi, Bright Vision.. )?

A friend recommended this provider Ninaktec to my family - they provide 24h monitoring, clinical staff will check in with us when they see something unusual with my mother's vitals and there is also a doctor coming to visit her like every month.

I think the good thing is that I feel more assured since somebody is looking at her health status 24/7 as compared to other home care when its just a few visits a week.

I highly recommend this!! Can check them out www.ninkatec.com

Then who is gona feed, bathe and change diaper for the patient?

read an article recently on how Finland takes care of their elderly... not sure if can apply in SG... 

The Big Read: In Finland, seniors are ‘VIP clients’ who get to take nurses out for coffee

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/finland-seniors-are-vip-clients-who-get-take-nurses-out-coffee

That's a a good idea.

Exercise get the blood flowing and heart pumping.

:D  

female-hospital-doctor-sexy-nurse-costum

so expensive

would it be cheaper to employ a maid

Already have a helper. But she going home for holiday for about a month so need to put my mum in a nursing home for respite care.

• Praise 1

Already have a helper. But she going home for holiday for about a month so need to put my mum in a nursing home for respite care.

My helper also going back for 1 month home leave soon, going to go maid-less for 1 month, jialat liao... [crazy]  :wacko:  [laugh]

Supersonic

My helper also going back for 1 month home leave soon, going to go maid-less for 1 month, jialat liao... [crazy]  :wacko:  [laugh]

bro, your 3 kids quite old liao, and i believe you had brought them up in the right way, so should be no prob?  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement