Violent drink driver jailed 6 weeks' jail, fined $5,000

Darthrevan

A businessman who drank alcohol and fell asleep in his parked car became violent after a policeman woke him up and arrested him for drink driving.

When he was inside the police car, Auric Sim Siu Ju, 35, head-butted the officer on the face.

On Monday, Sim was sentenced to six weeks' jail, fined $5,000 and banned from driving for three years after he was convicted of three offences.

He admitted to drink driving, using abusive words on Sergeant Koh Chee Wee and head-butting the officer to deter him from carrying out his duty on Jan 18, 2010.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_787147.html

↡ Advertisement

A businessman who drank alcohol and fell asleep in his parked car became violent after a policeman woke him up and arrested him for drink driving.

When he was inside the police car, Auric Sim Siu Ju, 35, head-butted the officer on the face.

On Monday, Sim was sentenced to six weeks' jail, fined $5,000 and banned from driving for three years after he was convicted of three offences.

He admitted to drink driving, using abusive words on Sergeant Koh Chee Wee and head-butting the officer to deter him from carrying out his duty on Jan 18, 2010.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_787147.html

how come 35 year old so chao lau face? i 40+...look younger than him.. [:p]

how come 35 year old so chao lau face? i 40+...look younger than him.. [:p]

mugshot usually looks bad..looks are subjective..some pple 20y.o look like 40+..some 50+ look like 25..combination of factors..genetic factor, nutrition, exercise and skincare regime

which law says you can't sleep inside a non-moving car if you are drunk?

it is only wrong if you drink AND DRIVE but if you drink and sleep inside a car, how is that drink driving?

I think they apply conjuncture.....the car must have being driven by the drunk to the location of sleep.

I suppose this driver is not an elite.

P.S. Killed a life no need to jail in many recent case.

it is only wrong if you drink AND DRIVE but if you drink and sleep inside a car, how is that drink driving?

I think they apply conjuncture.....the car must have being driven by the drunk to the location of sleep.

I suppose this driver is not an elite.

P.S. Killed a life no need to jail in many recent case.

what type of a conclusion is that? is that even lawful?

thats like saying, just because i'm holding a knife, it means i must have killed somebody

why can't the driver park the car at a location, go and get drunk, then come back into the parked car to sleep?

what type of a conclusion is that? is that even lawful?

thats like saying, just because i'm holding a knife, it means i must have killed somebody

why can't the driver park the car at a location, go and get drunk, then come back into the parked car to sleep?

Drunk and Sleep in car in carpart lot is it still an offence???

i heard somewhere is that you can sleep in the car, but on the passenger side, if on the driver side and kena caught, you still can be charged for drunk driving.... i also find it ????

i heard somewhere is that you can sleep in the car, but on the passenger side, if on the driver side and kena caught, you still can be charged for drunk driving.... i also find it ????

i find this logic extremely stupid

imagine if a person were drunk and to save petrol or to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, he decides to wind down all the windows in his car but keeps the car stereo on thus the car key is locked in the driver's seat

then to comply with the law he moves over to the passenger side and falls asleep

in such a scenario, how is one going to prevent theft of the car key if the driver is asleep?

at least is the driver were at the driver's seat, he would be more alert to movement around the position of the key right?

Where was the car in the first place. MSCP or along some road side? I don't think sleeping in a parked car at MSCP is illegal. [confused]

Where was the car in the first place. MSCP or along some road side? I don't think sleeping in a parked car at MSCP is illegal. [confused]

even if his car was parked at a parking lot at some road side, he was still not driving

how can you be charged for drink driving when you are not driving?

He must have drove while drunk to the roadside to sleep. So guilty as charged!

Logic boh?

:mellow:

even if his car was parked at a parking lot at some road side, he was still not driving

how can you be charged for drink driving when you are not driving?

Turbocharged

you wont be charge for drink driving but for being in charge of a motor vehicle while under influence of alcohol.

Neutral Newbie

a " drunkard " in the driver's seat will be charged regardless whether the vehicle's moving or not.

↡ Advertisement