Help: ceiling n wall cracks are leaking water

SimonTan

My parents condo unit is leaking water badly in recent days.

The water is coming into the unit from the cracks in the corner of the bed room is so bad, one full pail of blackish water accumulated in rain of yesterday when I went to check at 6pm.

Complained to the management. They said the outside wall no cracks, so cannot be from the wall. The exterior hired contractor did the water test on one other unit above(who also faced water leaks into unit) and and the contractor dared to claim the wall is not the problem. The contractor claimed the water leaked into the window frame of the unit above and somehow leaked thru the crakes in the concrete to the unit below. This contractor really know how to taichi their responsibility.

This same contractor was paid close to $1mill by the condo to patch up all cracks and repaint the condo in 2011. So now the warranty period the same contractor tried to taichi the problem away, and the joke is the management also kena hoodwinked by them.

The contractor told the management to ask the window manufacturer how to seal up the water drain holes on the window frame, as the leaks happen due to water accumulate in the frame!

If the water leak is around the window frame, then it's may be from the windows. But the leak is coming from the ceiling concrete cracked line(visible cracke lines in the ceiling concrete).

Still the contractor insist that my parents ask the upper floor uniti to test water on their window frame to identify the water leak.

I heard what my parent told me........I was stunt.

Any one here is waterproofing expert? I need to patch up the cracks in my parents unit ceiling and wall.

I need some expert that can apply pressure injection expoxy into the cracked lines into the concrete. To stop the water leakage.

I don't care about the outside wall cracks as no-one believed the water came from the cracked outside wall n hard to identify the cracked outside wall because a fresh coat of paint was applied to the entire estate in 2011 reprinting exercise.

Any one can recommend a expert ceiling crack repair expert?

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Well.....for a start, I'll pay that contractor to repair the windows and ask for a guarantee that the water leakage problem will be solved.

But seriously, injection to the crack in your parents' unit may not solved the problem for very long. If the water is indeed seeping from the exterior, sealing up the existing cracks in the unit, without doing anything to the exterior may redirect the water to seep thru the next 'easiest' fine cracks.

If the water seepage problem affects many residents, maybe you can gather those affected and demand repair as a group.

Edited by Silver_blade

might be the water sip into window frame then sip into wall cracks..possible also,coz if such leak can due to accumulation of water from higher to lower on stagnant level ..from wall outside facing angle quite hard unless raining v long non stop

anyway water sipping very hard to catch..have to try many times..

last time i rectified 1 year,asking 8 group of contractors even include plumber for piping,do all the things..then finally solved..

most headache issue

Any reliable N reasonable costing....contractor that can do the interior crack epoxy injection repair?

I don't want general plastering,as that I can do it myself.

I need expert that can solve the problem long term.

Please PM me if you got personnal recommendation.

Thanks.

Supercharged
55 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Any one can recommend a expert ceiling crack repair expert?

My son room ceiling seem the plastering can come down anytime..

If HDB, you can escalate to HDB first, especially for ceiling they will take it quite seriously.

• Praise 1

Concrete ceiling slab plaster crack means corrosion to reinforcement bar liao. Need to treat cause before replastering, otherwise it is a perpetual problem. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

NPNT. 

Easier to see with pix!! 

7 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Concrete ceiling slab plaster crack means corrosion to reinforcement bar liao. Need to treat cause before replastering, otherwise it is a perpetual problem. 

I think not to the extend need reinforcement blah.. guess is water slippage from the external wall for the 20 years old apartment.

Not easy to see from pic

2A7CA1A1-5BBD-4E7B-9F75-A6795A5593E0.jpeg

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Shocked 1

You need to remove all loose plarer' treat the corroded bar with anti corrosion paint before replastering. Of course the leak or dampness muat stop. Otherwise spalling will appear in no time again.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

I think not to the extend need reinforcement blah.. guess is water slippage from the external wall for the 20 years old apartment.

Not easy to see from pic

2A7CA1A1-5BBD-4E7B-9F75-A6795A5593E0.jpeg

Light without electrical wires...is it hidden inside (plaster) or false ceiling ?

49 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Seems to me, like have to chip the plaster and find out where the leak source is, and fixed it.

Yup i think so.. i bo contact leh..