Join the Quit Smoking Club!

Espresso

Its been a terrible 3 months without Cigarettes ... But I'm still hanging on ...

Wonder if I can save enough money from quitting to buy a new car ... 😂

7 months.............that is about the time I am smokeless..............and i did save enough to buy a carpet............... [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Its been a terrible 3 months without Cigarettes ... But I'm still hanging on ...

Wonder if I can save enough money from quitting to buy a new car ... 😂

Meditating-position-of-Buddha.jpg

look at him and your lighted cig will drop from your fingers. [laugh]

don't know why i always think T2 is the greatest non-smoker. [:/]

quited abt 6weeks liao.

feel alot better

here's a simple trick i use.

i change all my online password to remind me of my objectirve

e.g: Quitsmoking4baby

force myself to type it everyday and remind myself everyday

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Wonder if I can save enough money from quitting to buy a new car ...

Car cannot lah, ...somemore urs real conti car woh... [laugh]

Buy moto can [rolleyes]

I can smoke if I want to...something for entertainment...and I'm talking about real smoking...with inhale and tarek one hor....But strange..I can never get addicted to it...why huh?

Could be body type. I prone to stimulants. Nico & Caff. But no prob with (depressants) alcohol.

Also heard that could be the older u start smoking, the less addiction prone you will be. ?

Encouraging to hear so many ppl quitting, I'm also in my 3rd month attempt of going smokeless :) after near 20 years of addiction

Still tempted into stealing a stick or 2 occasionally though :(

It's been 1 year & 9 months...so far for me.

Did try some months back...a kretek...can't even tarek fully (inhale)...koff koff koff like mad liao! hahaha.

Since most of my friends are still smokers..just have to bear the smell...which i now find really ugghhh!

The money saved...i use them to pay for my vehicle servicing & petrol.

I hang up my smoking lungs 12 days ago. I have been smoking since 1989 or 1990.. close to 29 years.

What triggered was that I have been coughing since January, went away and came back and never 100% got well. And end My it got worse and I felt that my lungs are functioning 25-50% went to see a doctor on 2 June and was told to be admitted for pneumonia and sinus induced asthma.

Discharged after 2 night, never tough a cigarette ever since 2 June morning. Exercised 4x since through Cycling... wow it’s amazing how fast the lung can recover and therefore having good effect on the heart and general health. Just 2 nights ago after 9 days of stopping, my Heartbeat can be in zone 5 for 5he longest time I can recall and don’t feel tired after exercise, mostly zone 3 onwards.

I told my children (age 5 & 8) that I didn’t smoke and both of them has been congratulating me which helps a lot in the effort. Hope to totally quit smoking forever

• Praise 14

(edited)

I hang up my smoking lungs 12 days ago. I have been smoking since 1989 or 1990.. close to 29 years.

What triggered was that I have been coughing since January, went away and came back and never 100% got well. And end My it got worse and I felt that my lungs are functioning 25-50% went to see a doctor on 2 June and was told to be admitted for pneumonia and sinus induced asthma.

Discharged after 2 night, never tough a cigarette ever since 2 June morning. Exercised 4x since through Cycling... wow it’s amazing how fast the lung can recover and therefore having good effect on the heart and general health. Just 2 nights ago after 9 days of stopping, my Heartbeat can be in zone 5 for 5he longest time I can recall and don’t feel tired after exercise, mostly zone 3 onwards.

I told my children (age 5 & 8) that I didn’t smoke and both of them has been congratulating me which helps a lot in the effort. Hope to totally quit smoking forever

Good job.

Usually commonly it's two triggers for relapse into smoking habit again

- stress

- social smoking for some

almost 30 years of smoking, don't think your lungs came through without damage. But at least u stemmed the tide and started the reversal

[smash]

Edited by Lala81

(edited)

This is the past typical heart rates during exercise on same route cycling along Changi coastal roads. Heart beat usually not more than 170 else cannot tahan. Zone 5 have never lasted more than 7 minutes before... As a smoker..

On Day 9 of not smoking..

Heart beat exceeds 180 but didn’t feel any tiredness. In fact lasted longer than 10 minutes. Manages to wake up without any heart and muscle fatigue.. zero tiredness unlike in the past.

Less than 3 weeks apart only, muscle and heart fitness level couldn’t have improve so much. 100% attributed to quit smoking, lung self recovering.. in MCF car lingo terminology... my Air Fuel Ratio is good now!!!! Simply amazing

post-24802-0-17283900-1560477117_thumb.png

post-24802-0-66313200-1560477240_thumb.png

Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 2

keep it going bro!!! [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

(edited)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nea-thermal-camera-captures-smoking-corridor-11616580

nea-letter-smoking-offence-thermal-camer

SINGAPORE: The National Environment Agency (NEA) has asked a Bedok resident to assist in investigations after a thermal camera caught a person smoking outside his unit on multiple occasions.

An NEA letter dated Jun 6 and sent to the lessee of a unit at Block 620, Bedok Reservoir Road said it had video showing "people smoking at the corridor ... and entering/exiting from the unit" on 12 occasions.

The offences took place between Apr 11 and 14 this year, from about 4.30pm to 11.20pm.

"Our investigations revealed that you are the lessee of the said premise," according to the letter seen by CNA.

"You are hereby required to take reasonable steps to provide relevant information of the offence such as the identity and address of the person who was smoking on or about the time of the alleged offence."

Senior Minister of State for the Environment and Water Resources Amy Khor said in September last year that the NEA was exploring "the use of thermal cameras to deter indiscriminate smoking".

14 DAYS TO PROVIDE INFORMATION

In response to queries from CNA, NEA said it had received 13 smoking-related complaints at the block since February 2019.

"Following receipt of feedback from the residents, NEA had distributed educational pamphlets and worked with the town council to engage the residents," it added.

"NEA had also conducted multiple rounds of surveillance at the block, including deployment of a thermal camera."

During this deployment, NEA said a "subject" was seen smoking at the corridor on 12 occasions.

"NEA has commenced investigations, which includes serving the letter to the lessee, and will take appropriate actions once investigations have completed," it stated.

READ: NEA will use cameras to detect illegal smoking - here's how it could work

In the letter, NEA said the lessee had 14 days from the date of the letter to provide information about the offence.

The letter also said that if lessee fails to furnish the information within 14 days, he could be charged under Section 4B of the Smoking (Prohibition in Certain Places) Act.

"If (convicted), you will be liable to a fine not exceeding S$2,000 for a first-time offence."

70 THERMAL CAMERA DEPLOYMENTS SINCE JANUARY

In its response to CNA, NEA said it has since January conducted about 70 thermal camera deployments in residential areas and other areas that have had persistent feedback on smoking issues.

"The thermal camera enables NEA to further enhance our enforcement operations and capability to detect smoking at prohibited areas," it added.

"These thermal cameras are able to detect objects emitting high heat and can capture images of the smoking offence."

In 2018, NEA issued more than 30,000 tickets for smoking in prohibited areas.

"NEA will continue to take enforcement action against smokers who flout the law," it stated.

Source: CNA/hz(aj)

Whoa....Thermal camera siah. Jin high tech.

I wonder which town will be next. Good luck smokers. Still havent fully quit ah? Work harder man. [laugh]

Edited by Watwheels

Bro, my spouse and I quit 2.5 years ago, it’s a habit, a routine after all. Try to observe, acknowledge the urge and move your thoughts to other things. You sure can do it,

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2