Is your job killing u?

Scb11980

some people do that every year or whenever they not happy thinking they are indispensable [laugh][laugh]

You are right but trouble is some do get away with it so some of these employees are emboldened to try again. From employer's point of view, it's also not good to give in to these people cos it's not fair to those who don't do this and instead just go about doing their job.

That said, the employee concerned could be a very valuable member but my take is employers should think carefully before doing this as it could be a very contagious disease if more employees follow suit!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

there are still many workers around who pretend to work until their bosses leave.

Why can't people just big big square square walk off on the dot if there's no urgent or emergency work? I mean, work can never finish one, it's matter of prioritizing and planning ahead......

Because people are scared that their bosses will affect their performance rating and in the process affect salary increase n bonus

I think the bosses we have that shapes our working style

Also people still cannot differentiate between working smart and working hard

some bosses call you late into the night, weekends etc for things that are really not urgent and I feel that they are so inconsiderate and bo Liao

I learnt from their mistakes and I make it a point never to call after working hours or weekends unless it's really urgent and necessary which is really very very rare

I think we have to remind ourselves that putting in long hours does not mean productivity or performance

If all bosses just focus on process and results and disregard or discourages long hours in office, I believe the team can perform better and stop the competition of who work the hardest

I believe in letting people have their time with family and friends and giving flexibility. If people need to take time off to repair car, take care of children who fall sick, run some errands, this would be really ok

It's important to give and take at work to maintain a healthy working relationship built on trust

I believe the results we get can be far more than what would we can think of

You are right but trouble is some do get away with it so some of these employees are emboldened to try again. From employer's point of view, it's also not good to give in to these people cos it's not fair to those who don't do this and instead just go about doing their job.

That said, the employee concerned could be a very valuable member but my take is employers should think carefully before doing this as it could be a very contagious disease if more employees follow suit!!

What some bosses do is that they will give in because they don't have any alternative or backup plan

But such moves alerted them and they will give in first time and act on getting someone else train on the job

Smart bosses will not let it happen twice

Some evil ones who bear grudges will take action to make the person leave after some time too

Edited by Pinobii
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

relentless work load but still can surf MCF

I think the job is quite decent, definitely won't kill

:D

This is exactly the mentality I am talking about. So long as that person can find time to do anything non-work related, it means he/she still has the capacity for more work. LOAD!

We sign up for a job. Not something to take over our lives 24-7.

• Praise 1

just knew this morning that a young female colleague of mine suffered a stroke last night wihile working OT and is still in ICU as at now. My prayers are with her and I really wish she get well soon.

Sad. [:(]

• Praise 2

just knew this morning that a young female colleague of mine suffered a stroke last night wihile working OT and is still in ICU as at now. My prayers are with her and I really wish she get well soon.

How old is she, Bro?

• Praise 1

Seriously u have quite a stockpile of images ar ...

Hahaha, quite appropriate.

picha lobang [laugh]

1280x800Balloon.jpg

Seriously u have quite a stockpile of images ar ...

Hahaha, quite appropriate.

actually the picture not really fit the words

picha lobang literally refers to breaking a hole

now, to post such a picture in mcf will probably get me banned

so I had to use something else, but well, no fish prawn also good

So poor thing...hope she will be ok soon...

Hope more people can get the concept, work smart n mai pia nia, really not worth it

We need to be in good health to enjoy life...

↡ Advertisement