Connection-disconnection Singtel

RadX

Facing the same issue past few months. Singtel technicians came down twice, still cannot resolve.

In the end, cannot tahan and request for laying of a new telephone point straight from the Singtel DP box.

All problems resolved. No more disconnections (not a single one) for my Singnet modem for past 1 month which running 24 hrs by 7 days.

If you are sharing your telephone lines in the house between home phone and broadband, just run new telephone point for all.

Kindly check if there is any charges occurred for the relay of cable and does it involve drilling or moving of furniture etc ?

↡ Advertisement

Kindly check if there is any charges occurred for the relay of cable and does it involve drilling or moving of furniture etc ?

No charges, FOC under MIO plan.

In fact, after the FOC services, I wrote an compliment email to Singtel and got 2 free GV movie tickets. :D

Just need to shift my furniture a little bit. No drilling.

No charge. Up till certain length if I rem correctly. Drilling depends. Moving furniture can move back leh

No charge. Up till certain length if I rem correctly. Drilling depends. Moving furniture can move back leh

Hmm..Thanks for the information.. I think i better continue using my Mobile Broadband stick better. Not worth the hassle for me to shift cupboard etc.

Maybe will try to change the phone point for the modem from room to hall to see if will improve.

After 20 yrs, since 56k days, and the old US robotics modem it is finally

GOODBYE SINGNET!!

Bloody connection-disconnection still there. Singtel fella came yesterday and put another line. Still C-DC...

Anyway,backup plan, signed with MAXONLINE PLUS on SUNDAY, 50 MBPS and damn....FAST!!!!

To SINGTEL!!! You lost a faithful customer!

thnaks for the replies. Thus, you would advise me to stay w red camp? cos seriously thinking of going to green camp...

No point lah brudder, 'cos green camp got people migrating to red camp. Same same lah, I think it's the weather. [lipsrsealed]

Sometimes its the blardy MIO box itself.

I junked this piece of crap and fix a Buffalo AirStation wireless modem/router in its place instead. Been stable for the past 2.5 years, no random disconnections at all.

GOODBYE SINGNET!!

Bloody connection-disconnection still there. Singtel fella came yesterday and put another line. Still C-DC...

Anyway,backup plan, signed with MAXONLINE PLUS on SUNDAY, 50 MBPS and damn....FAST!!!!

Oreddy told you to tell your fair feathered friends not to perch on the copper wires strung on the old school telegraph poles, you donch listen.

You see lah you see lah. <_<<_<

GOODBYE SINGNET!!

its ok............. ............. they still have me after 20 years [laugh]

Damn Singnet. On 10MBPS, and perhaps on my 3rd contract, but realised the connection-disconnection is damn infuriating. Even from old home, and now here. what gives? Anyone else facing this?

I read somewhere here, that is to do with the tel lines? At end of contract, might change over..

But my place, the fibre oso not ready..haiz.....

Useful to call the telco to get it checked? I know they just as hopeless

StarH same....damn tu lan

so far been on for 3 days...... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] 50MBps

no complaint. Me simple user....anyway got free laptop sign lo

Your starhub fibre connection also kena right now? 30 may 2012, 9.30pm

I play diablo 3 half way today, around 7pm or so, network suddenly no connection

Restarted comp and modem quite a number of times but no avail

Can anyone confirm this now?

so far been on for 3 days...... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] 50MBps

no complaint. Me simple user....anyway got free laptop sign lo

Congrats.

Don't you hate it when a telecommunication company cannot communicate?

(edited)

Did the Singtel engineer to check the telephone points inside the house and outside?

I had this problem previously before I switched to green camp and Singtel sent an engineer to check the telephone points and after several appointments, found out one of the telephone points had corrosion and was adding static noise to the line and frequent connection dropping issue was resolved after point was replaced.

I still experience line drops occasionally but its much better compared to previously.

I was also told reliability of ADSL and MIO in older buildings can be affected by deteriorated copper wiring

Now that my green camp contract is ending soon, I am thinking of switching back to red camp's fibre plan.

yup... same thing happen to my block. Singtel always say check and found no issue until few months back i took leave and troubleshoot together with their tech... found at least 3 joint outside my corridor n all joints were done without connector, not even pvc tape, just simply twist the cable together.... 1 of the joint was badly corroded.... i wonder how did the tech check previously...

Edited by Tigershark1976
↡ Advertisement