Nissan Sylphy 1.5A

Liana12

Neutral Newbie

hi all.

need some help here. my 1.5 sylphy 2007 model.

when idling there will be squeaky sound coming out. it also happens during low acceleration. mileage 180k already. can anybody tell me what the problem is? Thanks

(edited)

have you ever reverse and hit your exhaust?

although mine is latio and not sylphy, i ever reverse and hit exhaust causing it to come loose, then got metalic sound coming from under the car whenever idling and low rpm.

go to workshop and the mechanic tighten for me foc during servicing, no more such sound liao.

not sure whether its against the rules, but you can try thelatioforum.org, where there is a resident mechanic who own a workshop in AMK, he is familiar with all nissan and jap cars, and yup, hes the one that correctly diagnose the problem for me.

Edited by Kiario

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

although mine is latio and not sylphy, i ever reverse and hit exhaust causing it to come loose, then got metalic sound coming from under the car whenever idling and low rpm.

go to workshop and the mechanic tighten for me foc during servicing, no more such sound liao.

not sure whether its against the rules, but you can try thelatioforum.org, where there is a resident mechanic who own a workshop in AMK, he is familiar with all nissan and jap cars, and yup, hes the one that correctly diagnose the problem for me.

yes. ever reverse and hit my exhaust very hard once cause forgot behind got passenger thus causing car to lower.

Tighten which part of the exhaust? Cause recently i sent my car for repair and asked them to tie up the exhaust as that time hit until then i think the exhaust mount lose.

Edited by Xiaoben

hi, couldn't get into the forum u mention above, im looking for a reliable mechanic for my car as I am fed up with AD. Appreciate if you can give me the link or contact of the mechanic. thanks!

Hypersonic

hi all.

need some help here. my 1.5 sylphy 2007 model.

when idling there will be squeaky sound coming out. it also happens during low acceleration. mileage 180k already. can anybody tell me what the problem is? Thanks

The sound from where? Engine bay?

If so, it's yr fan belt worn out.

Neutral Newbie

The sound from where? Engine bay?

If so, it's yr fan belt worn out.

its coming from the engine bay. when i pop the bonnet, the sound like coming from the alternator leh.

My 08 Sylphy also has similar squeaky sound occasionally, when I engage the auto-gear.

If car is idling (gear not engage), sound stop.

Was told by TC, during last major servicing, engine & gearbox mountings and FR suspension almost time to change.

So suspect might be engine\gearbox mountings causing that squeaky sound.

Hypersonic

Try contacting Kevin, he is a ex-tan chong mechanics. Active in www.thelatioclub.org

10 Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2.

AMK Autopoint, #02-15

Singapore 568047

Hypersonic

My 08 Sylphy also has similar squeaky sound occasionally, when I engage the auto-gear.

If car is idling (gear not engage), sound stop.

Was told by TC, during last major servicing, engine & gearbox mountings and FR suspension almost time to change.

So suspect might be engine\gearbox mountings causing that squeaky sound.

TC is full of S.H.I.T. Engine mountings give you squeaky sound?? It's the belt.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, prob lies with the fan belt. My 07 ride currently clocked 100k but changed 3 times already. Anyway, any bros here tested the Sylphy 2013? Any reviews?

Hypersonic

its coming from the engine bay. when i pop the bonnet, the sound like coming from the alternator leh.

It's yr fan belt. Get it changed.

Agree with FCW75 seems more like fan belt.

Engine mounting not like this. Anyway engine mounting is like BnB these day road so chiu

Hypersonic

Agree with FCW75 seems more like fan belt.

Engine mounting not like this. Anyway engine mounting is like BnB these day road so chiu

If worn engine moutnings, the steering wheel will vibrate quite badly when you put in gear D.

↡ Advertisement