Tow truck contact??

Donut

If I am not wrong, AA services only provide " Free towing " services up to KL, anything further than KL need to pay, but thats good enough. [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Bro Yewheng,

May I check with you the Malaysia AA only provides free towing between JB~KL~JB ? Besides these routes then others are chargeble ?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

AA members can enjoy free towing..... I used the free service many times... [:)] .. Even in MY!

If we join AA Singapore, do we get to use the towing services from AA Malaysia FOC?

Bro Yewheng,

May I check with you the Malaysia AA only provides free towing between JB~KL~JB ? Besides these routes then others are chargeble ?

OK I found more info about AA towing services.

http://www.aas.com.sg/?show=content&sh...w=7&val=428

Q1: If my car breaks down in Malaysia, What should I do?

You can call Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) at 03 216 10808 (24-hour). For AA members driving a Singapore-registered car, Roadside Assistance Service (RAS) will be rendered to you free-of-charge if the breakdown is within the free breakdown zone.

Q2: Where are the Free Breakdown Zones?

The zones include Klang Valley, Penang, Johor Bahru, Ipoh, Seremban, Malacca, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Alor Setar, Kuching and Kota Bharu. However, for destinations like Malacca, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Alor Setar, Kuching and Kota Bharu, RAS is chargeable after midnight.

Q3: What should I do when the mechanic arrives?

You will need to present your AA Singapore membership card or a verification letter to the mechanic before RAS can be rendered to you.

Q4: If I am driving a Malaysia-registered car, can I enjoy free roadside assistance service?

AA Singapore members must be driving a Singapore-registered car in order to get free roadside assistance services within the free breakdown zones. Otherwise, you will have to bear the cost of the service rendered.

Q5: Do I have to pay for services rendered by AAM?

Roadside assistance services rendered by AAM in the Free Breakdown Zone are free. You have to bear the cost of the battery, petrol and/or spare parts that you purchase. In addition, charges will be imposed if the services are rendered during the night and/or on public holidays, as well as for towing due to accidents. Members have to pay for services if the breakdown is not within the free breakdown zone.

Q6: How do I know whether I am in the Free Breakdown Zone?

When you encounter a breakdown, contact AAM at 03 216 10808 (24-hour) and inform them of your exact location. AAM will advise if you are in the Free Breakdown Zone.

Q7: Is there a copy of the free breakdown zone map?

The map is not made available to us.

Q8: If my car breaks down along the North-South Highway, what should I do?

You are advised to call Toll PLUS expressway operator at 1800 88 0000 or 03 780 16603. They will tow your car free-of-charge to the nearest exit or resting area. From there, you may contact AAM for roadside assistance service.

Please note that Toll PLUS expressway operator does not render roadside assistance services to vehicles involved in accidents.

Q9: If my car is involved in an accident along the North-South Highway, what should I do?

Please contact your motor insurance company for advice. For accident towing, AAM charges between RM50 and RM80 for call charges and RM$1.50 to RM$1.80 per km, depending on whether you call during the day or night.

Q10: I calculated the distance from my breakdown site to the specific workshop based on my GPS system. Why did AAM quote me a different distance for the towing service?

The distance is calculated based on the following:

Edited by Yewheng

If we join AA Singapore, do we get to use the towing services from AA Malaysia FOC?

It seems yes as I used MY tow foc before.... [:)]

OK I found more info about AA towing services.

http://www.aas.com.sg/?show=content&sh...w=7&val=428

Q1: If my car breaks down in Malaysia, What should I do?

You can call Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) at 03 216 10808 (24-hour). For AA members driving a Singapore-registered car, Roadside Assistance Service (RAS) will be rendered to you free-of-charge if the breakdown is within the free breakdown zone.

Q2: Where are the Free Breakdown Zones?

The zones include Klang Valley, Penang, Johor Bahru, Ipoh, Seremban, Malacca, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Alor Setar, Kuching and Kota Bharu. However, for destinations like Malacca, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Alor Setar, Kuching and Kota Bharu, RAS is chargeable after midnight.

Q3: What should I do when the mechanic arrives?

You will need to present your AA Singapore membership card or a verification letter to the mechanic before RAS can be rendered to you.

Q4: If I am driving a Malaysia-registered car, can I enjoy free roadside assistance service?

AA Singapore members must be driving a Singapore-registered car in order to get free roadside assistance services within the free breakdown zones. Otherwise, you will have to bear the cost of the service rendered.

Q5: Do I have to pay for services rendered by AAM?

Roadside assistance services rendered by AAM in the Free Breakdown Zone are free. You have to bear the cost of the battery, petrol and/or spare parts that you purchase. In addition, charges will be imposed if the services are rendered during the night and/or on public holidays, as well as for towing due to accidents. Members have to pay for services if the breakdown is not within the free breakdown zone.

Q6: How do I know whether I am in the Free Breakdown Zone?

When you encounter a breakdown, contact AAM at 03 216 10808 (24-hour) and inform them of your exact location. AAM will advise if you are in the Free Breakdown Zone.

Q7: Is there a copy of the free breakdown zone map?

The map is not made available to us.

Q8: If my car breaks down along the North-South Highway, what should I do?

You are advised to call Toll PLUS expressway operator at 1800 88 0000 or 03 780 16603. They will tow your car free-of-charge to the nearest exit or resting area. From there, you may contact AAM for roadside assistance service.

Please note that Toll PLUS expressway operator does not render roadside assistance services to vehicles involved in accidents.

Q9: If my car is involved in an accident along the North-South Highway, what should I do?

Please contact your motor insurance company for advice. For accident towing, AAM charges between RM50 and RM80 for call charges and RM$1.50 to RM$1.80 per km, depending on whether you call during the day or night.

Q10: I calculated the distance from my breakdown site to the specific workshop based on my GPS system. Why did AAM quote me a different distance for the towing service?

The distance is calculated based on the following:

It seems yes as I used MY tow foc before.... [:)]

Most likely you fall-out too quickly before the malaysian busy Tow truck driver in time to issue his bill [laugh]

Then now you keep saying AA MY FOC TOW SERVICE [rolleyes]

你是新加波霸王拖车客 !

Edited by Fongmy

Most likely you fall-out too quickly before the malaysian busy Tow truck driver in time to issue his bill [laugh]

Then now you keep saying AA MY FOC TOW SERVICE [rolleyes]

你是新加波霸王拖车客 !

I wish I can out-trick MY tow truck..... Btw, it was 10yrs ago, things have changed..... :D

Looks like I may have to call a toll truck to drag my old Teana from Bukit Batok to Yew Tee Industrial Park.

Do you have one to recommend?  What is the rate? Thanks.

Car is stuck in a multi-storey car park with a noisy sound in belt/bearing area. 

Height clearance of car park is 1.9m. 

I used this person. Ah Di/Efficient Towing 85888877. 

Market rate should be $60. Seems a lot of towing companies all charge about the same. 

But today Sunday so not so sure. Did you check if your insurance got free towing? 

Hope it helps. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

38 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Looks like I may have to call a toll truck to drag my old Teana from Bukit Batok to Yew Tee Industrial Park.

Do you have one to recommend?  What is the rate? Thanks.

Car is stuck in a multi-storey car park with a noisy sound in belt/bearing area. 

Height clearance of car park is 1.9m. 

As long as it is NOT SUV, no issue.

• Praise 1

Thanks.  Just called up my workshop and they have affiliated tow services.  They gave me a number to call their guys.

I drove my car to open space and they charged me $50.

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Must be nosiy enough that you can't drive to the workshop. 

At times, the noise can be loud suddenly and then the sound would die off.  Not quite the normal chirping noise.

Just renewed COE for 10 years, so would rather spend $50 to tow than to introduce unnecessary damage.

Many years ago in 1990s, my Daihatsu Charade 1.0CX had a jam at the compressor and I continued driving to a car park.  Almost could see smoke coming from the bonnet.    Then my mechanic told me I could cut the aircon belt and continue driving for a while.  But must know which belt to cut.  Don't cut wrongly.  I was in my 20s then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2