Surviving Starlets

Steam

always feeling sian on a monday

but really cant stand those who still sing mightly praises of cars like starlet, AE86, EG/EK..

they go on and on about how good their cars are..

okokk.....just ignore can anot? got disturb u meh? <_<<_<

not happy, dunch read

↡ Advertisement

U can say that if u r rich but for the middle income like me I would say stay on starlet is a good robust for daily usage...

i am also middle income, just like you.

i think lambo is a good car...but it doesnt make me any richer.

i am also middle income, just like you.

i think lambo is a good car...but it doesnt make me any richer.

u can afford anot in first place? i not tokking 1:45 hor [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i noe i cannot [bigcry][bigcry]

u can afford anot in first place? i not tokking 1:45 hor [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i noe i cannot [bigcry][bigcry]

but you have to admit, these AE86/starlet/EK/EG fanboys are irritating

Edited by Rubberpad

down boy!!! down!!! enough!!! <_<<_<

nothing cf other kind of fanboys [laugh][laugh][laugh]

hello friend i m a former starlet driver if im still holding my starlet rite now, let me know where u stay i show u wat is JUNK, almost 20yrs off age but still better than some new model u seen on the road, u nvr driven or own a starlet before bah, i think my starlet at least better than yr piece of junk

Hi bro, relak, don't bother with such posts. There will always be pple making noises like empty tin cans, and with foams dripping from mouth.

STARLET, always [thumbsup]

hello friend i m a former starlet driver if im still holding my starlet rite now, let me know where u stay i show u wat is JUNK, almost 20yrs off age but still better than some new model u seen on the road, u nvr driven or own a starlet before bah, i think my starlet at least better than yr piece of junk

my brother owned a starlet for 1 year many years back, i have driven it before

nothing special at all.

so what if it is still functioning after 20 years? i bet i can still find a sega set and it still works...but does it make the sega less of a junk?

lets just compare your starlet to a normal vios...how is it any better? apart from it being a RWD?

Neutral Newbie

my brother owned a starlet for 1 year many years back, i have driven it before

nothing special at all.

so what if it is still functioning after 20 years? i bet i can still find a sega set and it still works...but does it make the sega less of a junk?

lets just compare your starlet to a normal vios...how is it any better? apart from it being a RWD?

New technology always makes older tech appears less attractive la, but that doesnt make them junk.

A year ago I still search high and low for Nokia 8850 leh.. Old but kind of nice to me.

If not because there isn't any good condition 8810 around anymore, I would have get that too.

RWD starlet I think very old leh... Most starlets we see now are the newer FWD ones.

Different people have different likings and needs la... The thread and all the posts before yours didn't even sing any praises also ya?

Neutral Newbie

At least old sega console last longer then the modern game console.....

Wondering y a keyboard hero come in and create trouble sigh......

Neutral Newbie

always feeling sian on a monday

but really cant stand those who still sing mightly praises of cars like starlet, AE86, EG/EK..

they go on and on about how good their cars are..

but these cars are already generations behind

EG6 still my FAVOURITE car. So many things to MOD and play. If i got spare cash, I dun mind buying one to drive around and MOD it. Haha!!!!

would love to own an old starlet EP80/82 beofre it takes its final steps into the COE horizon. unles some crazy " shot tau nau " enthusiast would renew the PQP at current prices.....

I don't know what's the deal with this Rubberband boy.. But the cars of the 80s and early 90s are the greatest, IMHO.. If only COE in 2011 was not so high, I would've kept my E36 Bimmer.. I dare you to say your Geely better than my E36 lor.. I enjoyed driving my cousin's Starlet last time, the last few Toyota which had soul, I'll take one over an Altis or Vios any day..

Edited by Syaheerbmw

EG6 still my FAVOURITE car. So many things to MOD and play. If i got spare cash, I dun mind buying one to drive around and MOD it. Haha!!!!

I owned an poisoned EG6 and scrapped in 2008.. It's the definition of FUN!! I still miss the times I had with it, up till now..

Let's see what is great about the EP Starlets.

Carburetted engines. Dirty, simple and functional. Low 13s in a sprint. Not bad for a carburetted engine.

Now, the RWD ones are the KP Starlets which you don't see at all now.

Engines.....the AE Corollas with the 1.3L engines can be used on them. Nobody will know the difference until they drive them.

New technology always makes older tech appears less attractive la, but that doesnt make them junk.

A year ago I still search high and low for Nokia 8850 leh.. Old but kind of nice to me.

If not because there isn't any good condition 8810 around anymore, I would have get that too.

RWD starlet I think very old leh... Most starlets we see now are the newer FWD ones.

Different people have different likings and needs la... The thread and all the posts before yours didn't even sing any praises also ya?

8850 is one of the nicest phone around... collector's item.

I tried to find it but do not have much chances.

I don't know what's the deal with this Rubberband boy.. But the cars of the 80s and early 90s are the greatest, IMHO.. If only COE in 2011 was not so high, I would've kept my E36 Bimmer.. I dare you to say your Geely better than my E36 lor.. I enjoyed driving my cousin's Starlet last time, the last few Toyota which had soul, I'll take one over an Altis or Vios any day..

just for arguement sake, how are cars in the 80's and 90's better?

lets discuss in terms of

1) safety

2) looks

3) power

4) emissions

5) gadgets (GPS, bluetooth, ABS, ICE, hill decent, start/stop etc...)

6) ride comfort

based on the above, i can't see how cars of the past can outperform cars of today

Edited by Rubberpad
↡ Advertisement