Surviving Starlets

Steam

just for arguement sake, how are cars in the 80's and 90's better?

lets discuss in terms of

1) safety

2) looks

3) power

4) emissions

5) gadgets (GPS, bluetooth, ABS, ICE, hill decent, start/stop etc...)

6) ride comfort

based on the above, i can't see how cars of the past can outperform cars of today

u give me an air cooled 911, and it is still the best thing on wheels...

↡ Advertisement

8850 is one of the nicest phone around... collector's item.

I tried to find it but do not have much chances.

i have one...still working.

but many scatches

you want?

i sell you?

Edited by Rubberpad

Neutral Newbie

old games like FF3, FF7 and chrono trigger won alot pple's heart, we alot to share bro dun u think ? I bet there's alot of old movies we came across in the 80's and 90's too many to name i shall skip tis part :wub:

Edited by Swiftboi

Neutral Newbie

Wow.... Don't know so many people still love old cars.... Yes they are old but never the less, they are the benchmark of the modern technology. Yes no doubt I scrap my Starlet due to the rise in rental from the government... But i still remember the disbelieve expression when I zoom pass them. (Bear in mind, they are modern car owners...)

I don't wanna mention what cars I've beaten, but friends and bro that know me can vouch for that.

Wow.... Don't know so many people still love old cars.... Yes they are old but never the less, they are the benchmark of the modern technology. Yes no doubt I scrap my Starlet due to the rise in rental from the government... But i still remember the disbelieve expression when I zoom pass them. (Bear in mind, they are modern car owners...)

I don't wanna mention what cars I've beaten, but friends and bro that know me can vouch for that.

you have beaten other cars coz you modified it.

so?

old games like FF3, FF7 and chrono trigger won alot pple's heart, we alot to share bro dun u think ? I bet there's alot of old movies we came across in the 80's and 90's too many to name i shall skip tis part :wub:

agreed... the best FF game is still FF7.. just pity they dont make remakes anymore..

the same with the cars.. so much character compared to the new models.

Neutral Newbie

Hope this answer you.

1) safety - Handles like a Go-kart, sturdy like a horse.

2) looks - old but still maintain the modern look.

3) power - 428hp at the wheel on a 900kg body please do your calculation.

4) emissions - who needs a pussy when it don't come standard

5) gadgets

GPS - buy from Mustapha and work great.

bluetooth - intigrated with head unit... Cheap and good.

ABS - Didn't ur driving instructor teach you to brake?

ICE - Already mentioned from bluetooth

hill decent - Manual car leh....

start/stop - Aiya that button can install too...

6) ride comfort - well at least my wife never drop the baby when she's pregnant.

Neutral Newbie

you have beaten other cars coz you modified it.

so?

Even changing anything from the car is consider modification. Don't tell me you don't mod a car?

Hope this answer you.

1) safety - Handles like a Go-kart, sturdy like a horse - comprehension fail

2) looks - old but still maintain the modern look - biggiest joke of the day

3) power - 428hp at the wheel on a 900kg body please do your calculation - shouldnt compare heavily modified car coz any car can also be modified - no basis for comparison anymore

4) emissions - who needs a pussy when it don't come standard - ????

5) gadgets

GPS - buy from Mustapha and work great.

bluetooth - intigrated with head unit... Cheap and good.

ABS - Didn't ur driving instructor teach you to brake?

ICE - Already mentioned from bluetooth

hill decent - Manual car leh....

start/stop - Aiya that button can install too...

simply amazed at your answer

6) ride comfort - well at least my wife never drop the baby when she's pregnant - simply amazed at your answer again

New technology always makes older tech appears less attractive la, but that doesnt make them junk.

A year ago I still search high and low for Nokia 8850 leh.. Old but kind of nice to me.

If not because there isn't any good condition 8810 around anymore, I would have get that too.

RWD starlet I think very old leh... Most starlets we see now are the newer FWD ones.

Different people have different likings and needs la... The thread and all the posts before yours didn't even sing any praises also ya?

Wow, i never knew RWD starlet exist! Power!

What happened to toyota... they make shitty cars nowadays except probably Camry... haha

Most cars in-cabin is smaller than Honda of the same class... dunno if it is just me... i feel and heard alot of owners who changed from T->H and complain the same thing...

Dun flame me... just my 2 cents.

New technology always makes older tech appears less attractive la, but that doesnt make them junk.

A year ago I still search high and low for Nokia 8850 leh.. Old but kind of nice to me.

If not because there isn't any good condition 8810 around anymore, I would have get that too.

RWD starlet I think very old leh... Most starlets we see now are the newer FWD ones.

Different people have different likings and needs la... The thread and all the posts before yours didn't even sing any praises also ya?

I have the 8850 but lcd screen not working. Anyone knows where to repair?

RWD KP Starlets are from an era when RWD still ruled. People in the end wanted more cabin space so the FWD ones came into being.

The KP is gone. Dunno if Malaysia has them.

just for arguement sake, how are cars in the 80's and 90's better?

lets discuss in terms of

1) safety

2) looks

3) power

4) emissions

5) gadgets (GPS, bluetooth, ABS, ICE, hill decent, start/stop etc...)

6) ride comfort

based on the above, i can't see how cars of the past can outperform cars of today

1) safety: My E36 is safer than your Geely.. Solid body Bro.. I know because a KingLong bus whack my rear end before and suffered more damage..

2) looks: My E36, EG6 looks better than your Geely.. Anytime Bro..

3) power: My E36 & EG6 BOTH have more power than a stock Geely..

4) emissions: Germany & Japan pollutes less in the 80s-90s while producing them than China is now while producing the Geely.. Emissions comparisons are negligible here..

5) gadgets (GPS, bluetooth, ABS, ICE, hill decent, start/stop etc...): My E36 had Garmin, car phone, standard ABS, better ICE than your Geely, start/stop you Geely also don't have..

6) ride comfort: I am pretty sure my E36 is more comfortable than your Geely, while out-handling it..

1) safety: My E36 is safer than your Geely.. Solid body Bro.. I know because a KingLong bus whack my rear end before and suffered more damage..

4) emissions: Germany & Japan pollutes less in the 80s-90s while producing them than China is now while producing the Geely.. Emissions comparisons are negligible here..

5) gadgets (GPS, bluetooth, ABS, ICE, hill decent, start/stop etc...): My E36 had Garmin, car phone, standard ABS, better ICE than your Geely, start/stop you Geely also don't have..

6) ride comfort: I am pretty sure my E36 is more comfortable than your Geely, while out-handling it..

dude, are you for real???

and i assume you also think your E36 and EG6 are better than a kia koup, a honda accord, a bmw 116, a audi a3, a volks jetta...?

and also, you think your is better than all volvos???

to volvo owners, this guy is bashing ur cars

Edited by Rubberpad

I guess geely isnt that bad if you dont bother about cars and just need a run around. Its new so there shouldnt be much problems, spares should be cheap since its from China and it does have a boot so theres some form of crumple zone besides your legs. For everyone else, there are better cars around for the same price range although older. W124, W201, E36, AE101 and many more are probably more decent rides within the price range provided you know something about cars and have extensive maintenance/parts contacts. I dont think they should be compared directly as people who go for new cars tend to know less about car mechanics and people who go for old cars know more as they are forced to learn through all the repairs. Definitely different target markets for the 2.

↡ Advertisement