Car rental in Singapore

Lovethecars

Express car rental..? Depend on which branch you go to. As for eazi car rental, please do a search on "marketplace" and read their review.... Not recommended for p-plate and those without deep pocket!!! Why? Read review.....haha....

Hint: ah beng company (scratches that are already there they will demand $$ from you and ask for respray) *** above mentioned are cited from the review from ex hirer of the company, I am just trying to raise awareness to fellow mcf people

sounds like another loan shark car rental. thanks brother Slyison for the information.

↡ Advertisement

Insurance always an issues with rentals.

If the damage to the vehicle cost more than $5000, or if there's any 3rd party involved, our car rental company will have to activate the insurance and the driver has to pay the excess amount of $5000. In cases where the damage cost is less than $5000, we will charge the actual damage repair cost to the driver.

Being a P plate and/or young driver in SGP is not easy, unless you have family car or company car to drive and gain experience in...

If you drive a friend's car, and it gets into an accident that requires claiming, the excess is usually the normal excess (common is $500, sometimes waived) plus at least $2500.

Rental companies' insurance is likely different, but I think will follow the same pattern, i.e. P and young drivers will have to pay more excess. This might explain why companies are so hesitant about renting to P/young drivers.

For those who are looking at renting out their personal cars, do take note of this too, on top of all the LTA and insurance guidelines.

Thats y back then when i got my licence, during the first year P plate, totally i did not drive, cause cannot rent car and no family car also no friends want to lend their car. Only started to drive after the p plate period.

Thats y back then when i got my licence, during the first year P plate, totally i did not drive, cause cannot rent car and no family car also no friends want to lend their car. Only started to drive after the p plate period.

Make no diff right? u 1 year never drive your skill will also turn rusty mah.

Sometimes it's always better to look for those reputable car renting company because in the event of car accident or breakdown while you're at Malaysia, they will provide one dragon service for you. But...but...but....

If you want to save some money by going for those cheap (aka ah beng /loanshark) car renting company, make sure your driving is "sibeh zai" and try to avoid accident at all cost. Being zai also no use....why? There's always these group of people who drive recklessly and if you do bump into them, then good luck with you!

When it comes to insurance claim, the excess is usually VERY EXPENSIVE for P-plate and young drivers. Last time I used to rent cars from this "ah beng" company when I just passed my driving test because I want to impress my gf lol..... I was told that in the event of accident, I have to pay excess of $6000!!!! Lol.... Smlj? But being young and dangerous, I just signed and forget lol....(Heng nothing happened to the car as the car is not meant for rental, it belongs to private usage)

So my advice to those people who are going to rent car for this cny, try to look for those reputable company so that you can go house visiting with a piece of mind as their car are properly insured with the relavent insurance.

• Praise 2

Sometimes it's always better to look for those reputable car renting company because in the event of car accident or breakdown while you're at Malaysia, they will provide one dragon service for you. But...but...but....

If you want to save some money by going for those cheap (aka ah beng /loanshark) car renting company, make sure your driving is "sibeh zai" and try to avoid accident at all cost. Being zai also no use....why? There's always these group of people who drive recklessly and if you do bump into them, then good luck with you!

When it comes to insurance claim, the excess is usually VERY EXPENSIVE for P-plate and young drivers. Last time I used to rent cars from this "ah beng" company when I just passed my driving test because I want to impress my gf lol..... I was told that in the event of accident, I have to pay excess of $6000!!!! Lol.... Smlj? But being young and dangerous, I just signed and forget lol....(Heng nothing happened to the car as the car is not meant for rental, it belongs to private usage)

So my advice to those people who are going to rent car for this cny, try to look for those reputable company so that you can go house visiting with a piece of mind as their car are properly insured with the relavent insurance.

lol. your mentality is the same as mine when i first rented a vehicle! impress gf lor. but luckily nothing happen. 6k excess is bad. mine was 10k excess without GST lor. LOL. from the infamous "loan shark car rental company"

I think there were some reports in the past about owners who can't service their instalments let rental companies take over the personal cars, pay the instalments, etc.

I wonder if the cars were rented out, and get into accident, then the company force the person renting to pay up but the person doesn't pay, then how? The company can go after the person, but in the first place that car not supposed to rent out, so won't they get into trouble themselves too? The worst will be the owner right? The insurance company might not pay, so car might not be repaired. LTA might sue him for renting out his car without permission, and maybe police will go after the rental company for taking the car from the owner, and for renting out the car to the person?

Very complex...

iCarClub?

iCarsclub? i think they do offer hourly or weekend rentals. but it's through other drivers. something like car sharing. so you be renting your neighbour's car? something like that haha.

Hello Guys,

I need a car(Honda civic) on rent.If you have any suggestion please tell me.

Thanks.

You can scroll back to the old post in this topic. There are a few here.

Cheers~

I think there were some reports in the past about owners who can't service their instalments let rental companies take over the personal cars, pay the instalments, etc.

I wonder if the cars were rented out, and get into accident, then the company force the person renting to pay up but the person doesn't pay, then how? The company can go after the person, but in the first place that car not supposed to rent out, so won't they get into trouble themselves too? The worst will be the owner right? The insurance company might not pay, so car might not be repaired. LTA might sue him for renting out his car without permission, and maybe police will go after the rental company for taking the car from the owner, and for renting out the car to the person?

Very complex...

I nearly kenna the same thing also when I first got my car.

It was a dirty, old beaten up Toyota Vios (and actually when I got the car, I was shocked at the state it was in).

Those type of car really cannot rent out to other innocent people; should just bring to scrap yard and scrap

I nearly kenna the same thing also when I first got my car.

It was a dirty, old beaten up Toyota Vios (and actually when I got the car, I was shocked at the state it was in).

Those type of car really cannot rent out to other innocent people; should just bring to scrap yard and scrap

I guess go to those more establish and well known car rental company, their cars should be in better condition. Of those small or unknown car rental, the rate could be cheap but the car might be in poor condition or old car.

Hello Guys,

I need a car(Honda civic) on rent.If you have any suggestion please tell me.

Thanks.

Hi dude..

You sure u still wanna rent a civic? If yes, please do not rent a silver / grey one after recent saga..

:D

Hi dude..

You sure u still wanna rent a civic? If yes, please do not rent a silver / grey one after recent saga..

:D

LOL! I was laughing so hard when i see your post!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1