Car rental in Singapore

Lovethecars

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys : [:)] ellow: do you all know where I can rent a car on Saturday and return on Sunday?

All the car rental companies always force you to rent from Friday to Monday. But I only need the car for Saturday and like that it is a waste of money.

Any idea guys?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone I am really interested to rent a car.. However, I am very scared to go ahead because I have read many reviews on how people get forced into paying for damages to the car upon returning the car.. The damages like dents and scratches were already there.. Anyone can recommend a good, reliable, honest and reputable car rental company?

By the way, has anyone tried Aka Car Rental before? Do you all mind sharing how was it like?

Thanks guys [:)]

Hi everyone I am really interested to rent a car.. However, I am very scared to go ahead because I have read many reviews on how people get forced into paying for damages to the car upon returning the car.. The damages like dents and scratches were already there.. Anyone can recommend a good, reliable, honest and reputable car rental company?

By the way, has anyone tried Aka Car Rental before? Do you all mind sharing how was it like?

Thanks guys [:)]

think reputable ones is enough like avis and hertz?

Neutral Newbie

think reputable ones is enough like avis and hertz?

hey bro! Which company have u rented from before? Can share?

hey bro! Which company have u rented from before? Can share?

i rented once like 8 yrs ? ago....i just flipped through the ST ads and call one of them up...think i took a lancer glx for 50bucks per day

I normally rent my cars from Falcon-Air at Sin Ming (64520880) if it's for local use, cars are older (think 2004/05) but well maintained. I like to rent Ford Mondeo 5dr ($80) and Toyota Camry ($95), there are 1.6l cars too which should be cheaper. Minus points include not able to drive to Malaysia and charges quoted excludes GST. Deposit of $200 required and excess charges about $3000 (1.5 personal, 1.5 third party) or something like that. Can use credit cards to pay.

If I need to drive to Malaysia, I like to book from Hirva (Parkway - 91834784 / Bt Batok - 83391385). Cars are newer and wide range of vehicles available. Tip here is to buy 10 coupons from them at one go, $50 coupon valid for 1.6l cars and $80 coupon valid for 1.6l and above vehicles. If use coupons cannot choose cars, they will normally allocate the "lousiest" cars out first. If book through weekend must top up additional $40. Driving to Johor Bahru costs additional $20/day and beyond Johor will incur additional charges. No deposit required but excess charges of $7000 can really kill so be careful with their cars!

Can also try Express Car Rental (92342543) or Eazi Car Lease (91117715). Rates normally $70/day for 1.6l car like Toyota Vios. Wide range of about 5 year old vehicles. No deposit required as well and driving to Malaysia costs additional $20/day. Can't remember their excess charges but should be expensive as well. Eazi Car has alot of vehicles (over 100 if I'm not wrong) but customer service is lacking. Express Car is at Aljunied and Eazi Car is at Bt Batok (same building as Hirva).

Hope this helps!

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Hello guys : [:)] ellow: do you all know where I can rent a car on Saturday and return on Sunday?

All the car rental companies always force you to rent from Friday to Monday. But I only need the car for Saturday and like that it is a waste of money.

Any idea guys?

Thanks

iCarClub?

Any idea guys?

Thanks

My friend rented the Nissan Teana 2.0 for my wedding day. Avis Changi Airport charged $135 for collection on Saturday 11pm and return Monday 6am. It was supposed to be for one day, but the friendly salesperson asked my friend to keep the car till 6am instead since the car will just be parked at the parking lot during that time anyway.

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I would like to rent out my Mercedes E200CGI yr 2009

Seldom used. $3250 inclusive road tax and insurance,

Pm me if interested, Tks.

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

I need two MPV from 12/8- 16/8. Preferably odynessy, Grandis, estima, presage,etc..

Any recommendation?

Btw, any idea if class 3 license able to drive those 13pax minibus?

Tat would better as it would be cheaper n also my logistic planning

will be much easier...

Hi,

Do u know of any place tt rents out MPV tt comes w a driver from singapore to KL, and then fetch us back from KL to singapore?

Thanks for ur help.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Do u know of any place tt rents out MPV tt comes w a driver from singapore to KL, and then fetch us back from KL to singapore?

Thanks for ur help.

It's cheaper and more convenient alternative if you can be the driver

• Praise 1

Are there trust worthy ones around? I read stories whereby the car rental firm anyhow ask for repairs for pre-existing cosmetic damages...

Simple. Rent a car without any pre-existing cosmetic damages.

If there is, take photo and write down in the rental agreement.

Are there trust worthy ones around? I read stories whereby the car rental firm anyhow ask for repairs for pre-existing cosmetic damages...

can try www.carrental-sg.com.sg

can try www.carrental-sg.com.sg

Can also try Express Car Rental (92342543) or Eazi Car Lease (91117715). Rates normally $70/day for 1.6l car like Toyota Vios. Wide range of about 5 year old vehicles. No deposit required as well and driving to Malaysia costs additional $20/day. Can't remember their excess charges but should be expensive as well. Eazi Car has alot of vehicles (over 100 if I'm not wrong) but customer service is lacking. Express Car is at Aljunied and Eazi Car is at Bt Batok (same building as Hirva).

Hope this helps!

Express car rental..? Depend on which branch you go to. As for eazi car rental, please do a search on "marketplace" and read their review.... Not recommended for p-plate and those without deep pocket!!! Why? Read review.....haha....

Hint: ah beng company (scratches that are already there they will demand $$ from you and ask for respray) *** above mentioned are cited from the review from ex hirer of the company, I am just trying to raise awareness to fellow mcf people

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1