STOMP: Goondu Driver Rams Car Right Through Wall At Carpark

Vulcann

Sami chia? [confused]

Good publicity for the car manufacturer nonetheless [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Machiam the Nicholl Highway way Far-la-li crash few years back by the ex-SLA staff...

[rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...rpark_wall.html

Posted on 18 Apr 2012

Goondu driver rams car right through wall at carpark

driver_rams_car_right_through_carpark_wall-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Avies was stunned when he came across a photo shared on facebook of a car which had apparently rammed right through a multi-storey carpark wall in what seems to be Malaysia.

Said the STOMPer:

"I saw this being shared on facebook by a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend...well you get the point.

"Anyway this driver is insane!

"Although the wall looks like one of those pre-fab types with a hole in the middle, but still who would drive like this?

"The guy walking at the side might just be a passenger...

"Plus, anyone know where exactly this happened???"

↡ Advertisement

Wah. I'm surprised the car can crash through the wall. I thought the car would crumple into a heap instead.

Wah. I'm surprised the car can crash through the wall. I thought the car would crumple into a heap instead.

It is puzzling to me as well.

Most stairwells are designed as core walls, meaning they are load-bearing reinforced concrete (RC) walls and for a flimsy car to crash through is a bit impossible, the front part of the car still basically intact some more :o

If it is tank or APC maybe still possible.

Or a AP round or warhead piercing through also can.

My guess was that this part of the wall was soft board or gypsum board and not a RC one. But the debris on the ground seemed to be either concrete or plaster bits so [confused] [confused]

if that wall not part of structural beam, so need no use iron rod or net i presume..... [confused]

maybe its more like a partition made from cement.

Car 1 Wall 0

Just as surprised with the result this morning

Chelsea 1 Barcelona 0

Edited by Maz0608

Sami chia? [confused]

Good publicity for the car manufacturer nonetheless [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Machiam the Nicholl Highway way Far-la-li crash few years back by the ex-SLA staff...

[rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...rpark_wall.html

Posted on 18 Apr 2012

Goondu driver rams car right through wall at carpark

This happens in Singapore lah. The walls got markings and fire extin somemore. You think malaysia carparks so nicely renovated?

STOMPer Avies was stunned when he came across a photo shared on facebook of a car which had apparently rammed right through a multi-storey carpark wall in what seems to be Malaysia.

Said the STOMPer:

"I saw this being shared on facebook by a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend...well you get the point.

"Anyway this driver is insane!

"Although the wall looks like one of those pre-fab types with a hole in the middle, but still who would drive like this?

"The guy walking at the side might just be a passenger...

"Plus, anyone know where exactly this happened???"

At what speed should the car be traveling to bang such a hole in the wall?

Bro me neither materials nor ballistics expert so can't advise leh.

What I do know is that for a normal ordinary car to penetrate a RC wall in such a way like in this case is unheard of IMHO.

Like mentioned, unless the penetrator is a Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) or a tank or that the wall is made of gypsum board, very unlikely it will happen.

After an impact, the end result will most often be some scratch marks on the wall with a pile of flattened metal heap in front of it.

↡ Advertisement