Side Wall Repair

Rosicky

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my front left tyre have a tear on the side wall, the cut is about 1cm big and half a cm deep. the rubber din drop off, still tangling. no leaking, as it has been a week liao, suspect got it when i hit a pot hole in malaysia. :wacko: Currently, I just glue it back, anyone know if there is any tyre shop that do side wall repair? [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, my front left tyre have a tear on the side wall, the cut is about 1cm big and half a cm deep. the rubber din drop off, still tangling. no leaking, as it has been a week liao, suspect got it when i hit a pot hole in malaysia. :wacko: Currently, I just glue it back, anyone know if there is any tyre shop that do side wall repair? [:(]

REPLACE REPLACE REPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change a new piece/set of tyres! Nobody repairs sidewall for you. Share with us if anyone does..

thanks for the advice, will drop by a tyre shop to seek their opinion.

likely your rim will have problem too, get them to check all 4 or at least the 2 on the same side

I do not know exactly your sidewall is which part.

If is the soft part or any part beyong the shoulder dont repair it , even the shop tell you can

Discard it

it is not safe with a damaged side wall. as the other bros advised, change it. i too had bulged (not tears) tires and i changed them. not worth it - imagine what will happen if the tire burst when you are driving at expressway speeds...

check out michelin website on side wall damage.

http://michelinman.com/michelincom/tires-1...ire-repair.page?

Tire Repair

If your tire becomes damaged, it may be repaired if it meets the following criteria:

1.The tire has not been driven on when flat

2.The damage is only on the tread section of your tire (sidewall damage ruins a tire immediately) and/or

3.The puncture is no greater than

Edited by Toledo

Mr Toledo

Great man , this Tyre company is so serious about doing business [thumbsup]

the intension is make our Drive and Journey SAFE

Edited by Roberttan