Severe (300km/h) Autobahn Crash Destroys New M5 F10

Mockngbrd

Testament to how advanced safety systems in modern cars are and you really do get what you pay for. For a 300km/h crash, the car held up pretty well.

Hope everyone recovers:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679088

This 2012 M5 was traveling at a top speed (approximately 186mph/300kmh) when the driver lost control of the car as he braked and swerved to avoid a car. As the driver of the M5 swerved to avoid a car which joined the highway aggressively (without noticing the oncoming BMW), the M5 struck the divider, bounced off and shot across the highway, where it flipped several times on the grass at the side of the A81.

The 60 year old driver, 20 year old passenger, and a dog were all seriously injured, but are alive. Judging by the severity of the damage to the car, it's a testament to the M5's safety technology that no one was instantly killed.

The car which cut off the M5 did not stop and fled the scene of the accident. The M6 and M3 on the scene belong to the M5 owner's sons, who were traveling with the M5 at the time of the accident. One of the sons, seeing smoke coming from the M5's engine after the crash, was able to prevent any more danger by using an extinguisher on the engine.

It's easy to forget sometimes just how much power our BMWs have and while they are some of the safest cars in the world, we are all still human, capable of suffering injuries and making driving mistakes (or simply suffering bad luck). So please be safe out there!

post-26533-1334891525_thumb.jpg

post-26533-1334891498_thumb.jpg

post-26533-1334891503_thumb.jpg

post-26533-1334891506_thumb.jpg

post-26533-1334891511_thumb.jpg

post-26533-1334891515_thumb.jpg

post-26533-1334891521_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Testament to how advanced safety systems in modern cars are and you really do get what you pay for. For a 300km/h crash, the car held up pretty well.

still remember wat my wowo SE told me last time: conti car u pay for what u dun see.

very true.

still remember wat my wowo SE told me last time: conti car u pay for what u dun see.

very true.

hantu ah [:p][:p]

i think my chery QQ salesman told me the same thing before.

u hear wrongly, he say

' geely car u pay TO Si'

[laugh][laugh]

Supersonic

i think my chery QQ salesman told me the same thing before.

tink u sala. for QQ, ur SE prob said: u pay for things u dun get. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

very true.

Interesting that the headlights are still on! Actually it looks pretty "good" considering what just happened!

The 60 year old still driving at 300km/h, good man! [thumbsup] Hope they have a speedy recovery

Turbocharged

M3, M5, M6 in one family - wonder if mummy also drives X5M?

as long you own a car here in sunny SG, all of us will be driving a M in germany. [:p]

↡ Advertisement