Fren ask me for Career Advice

FastFastCar

I got a fren, age 34, earning 7.9K a month in a high risk and high stress job, he feels tired and stress out and is thinking of taking up a lower risk and lower stress job at 6.7K a month, he is in a dilemma as he does not know to choose higher pay or lower stress and perhaps more happiness in his life.

I don't know how to advise him as for me I feel that money is very important. What would you choose, lower pay for better quality of life or higher pay for sucky life?

Please advise sensibly as he is my good fren.

↡ Advertisement

I got a fren, age 34, earning 7.9K a month in a high risk and high stress job, he feels tired and stress out and is thinking of taking up a lower risk and lower stress job at 6.7K a month, he is in a dilemma as he does not know to choose higher pay or lower stress and perhaps more happiness in his life.

I don't know how to advise him as for me I feel that money is very important. What would you choose, lower pay for better quality of life or higher pay for sucky life?

the most sensible advise you can tell him is ask him not to seek any opinions from you.

some industry earning >20k per month cash

also no stress, still can njoy

shiok shiok some more

hahhahahhaaa

Yes true but let's not talk about who can earn what, this is not a haolian thread, obviously base on his talent this is his salary range, but anyway what industries are you talking about but most importantly how can you get in.

i definaitely cant get in

maybe u can try n ask ur fren along

open leg

hahhahahaha

'cash'

Then that's as good as talking co(k right? if my fren as capable as RadX or Throttle then he won't be asking this question, and my fren is a male, so opening legs may not work for him.

Turbocharged

in life, you gain some, you lose some

perhaps your friend, at this point of time, to ponder his top priorities in his life, eg career, family, health, personal achievements, etc

of cos everyone wants a high-pay job without much stress and can have lots of time to accompany family or go on a 3-week biking trip to thailand

but then, how high is high?

shouldn't compare salary with peers because that only adds more pressure

end of the day, how much does one earn is not important... it's how much he's going to spend and whether he has sufficiently enough for a rainy day or a health crisis

being rich also doesn't mean the person will be happy

Tell him most of the time in life, he can't have his cake and still eat it too. If can good lah. Anyway, he still young, can tahan stress just tahan, earn more money keep, until breakpoint really cannot take, then downgrade. Because like one bro said earlier, got money does not mean got happy.

Can ask your friend to check whether he need that extra money to get over every month?

Does his new job have better prospect than the previous?

changing job there will always be a risk involved but you never know unless you try.

if 1.2K for better health and happiness.. why not... more importantly still have 6.7K income.. unless your friend is sole bread winner and have to support big family ( eg parents/wife/kids )

Edited by Junxian

the fren is you har?

no pains no gain la.

u will learn how to handle or avoid stress in time.....i think. [:p] [:p]

change lah. your friend's mental health is worth more than a mere 1.3k right.

in life, you gain some, you lose some

perhaps your friend, at this point of time, to ponder his top priorities in his life, eg career, family, health, personal achievements, etc

of cos everyone wants a high-pay job without much stress and can have lots of time to accompany family or go on a 3-week biking trip to thailand

but then, how high is high?

shouldn't compare salary with peers because that only adds more pressure

end of the day, how much does one earn is not important... it's how much he's going to spend and whether he has sufficiently enough for a rainy day or a health crisis

being rich also doesn't mean the person will be happy

Thanks for the good advice, I guess for this stage of his life, 6.7K or 7.9K is sufficient for him to lead a decent life, comfortable but nothing great. He is working almost everyday and no time to really exercise or do other meaningful things that require effort, even on his off things also thinking about work, think he is too stress out, I am trying to help him rationalize things. Of course being in a society where money matters and keeping up with the jones doesn't help....tough decision he has to make.

The good news:

On a lighter note, can try for stomping foot MP [laugh]

The bad news:

Can dedicate more effort to improve his stamina? [confused] Could be his diet/life style?

Tell him most of the time in life, he can't have his cake and still eat it too. If can good lah. Anyway, he still young, can tahan stress just tahan, earn more money keep, until breakpoint really cannot take, then downgrade. Because like one bro said earlier, got money does not mean got happy.

He feels try to tahan till he is 40 and got more money, but I think money never enough, when you have 100K, you want 200K, when you have 200K, you want 300K and so on....guess maybe only when he hits 2million then he will feel secure, but by then he is an old man leow.

↡ Advertisement