European Emission Standard

QQDreamer

Hi All,

Want to ask the expert bros here, i also see this Euro 1, Euro 2, Euro 3 and now Euro 4. May i know what is the euro standards all about? Also i have done some read up on the web, but still cannot fully understand. My car is registered in 2008 so which Euro standard is my car catergory in? Any advise from the expert bros here?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It refers to the exhuast emission of vehicles. Euro 4 is the 'cleanest' and does the least harm to the environment whereas euro 1 is most harmful to the environment. As far as I know, most of the cars introduced in about the last 5 years complys with euro 4 standard. For commercial vehicles, most of the vehicles registered before 2007 were of euro 1, 2 and 3 standard. After that it was euro 4 and it was this reason that caused CAT C COE to plunge to $1 in early 2007.

(edited)

It refers to the exhuast emission of vehicles. Euro 4 is the 'cleanest' and does the least harm to the environment whereas euro 1 is most harmful to the environment. As far as I know, most of the cars introduced in about the last 5 years complys with euro 4 standard. For commercial vehicles, most of the vehicles registered before 2007 were of euro 1, 2 and 3 standard. After that it was euro 4 and it was this reason that caused CAT C COE to plunge to $1 in early 2007.

i see i see. so how abt those cars manufacture in 2007 onwards what kind of euro standard?I referring to pertrol cars

Edited by MkMan

Neutral Newbie

Most of the petrol cars introduced today are already euro 5 standard, especially continental cars. In europe, manufacturers have to comply with the euro 5 laws implemented by their government. From what I know, most of the benz like E class comply with euro 5 standard but I am not very sure with japanese car.

Anyway, I am very sure that cars registered after Jan 2007 are euro 4 vehicles as gahment introduced a law which required dealers to bring in only euro 4 vehicles.

Mine surposedly exceeded Euro IV spec. But its not a requirement to get it registered even without it.

If not wrong, SG required standard for petrol car is still Euro 2. Only diesel requires Euro 4.

does it mean that minimum must meet euro 2 standard for petrol cars in sg?

Thats why the Type R are all dying. [bigcry]

what happen to the type R? how does the emission standard effect this ?

↡ Advertisement