Singapore inflation accelerates

LoverofCar

i dont understand. for COE price to go up, why it is affecting the inflation? last time COE price so high, inflation also very low.

i dont understand. for COE price to go up, why it is affecting the inflation? last time COE price so high, inflation also very low.

That time, housing is still very affordable. Now, both COE and housing is.......

Another 10 years, Housing + Transport + Food sibei jialat high. One burger will probably cost $20 like in Scandinavian countries now.

But, our pay is..................

Edited by Kangadrool

That time, housing is still very affordable. Now, both COE and housing is.......

Another 10 years, Housing + Transport + Food sibei jialat high. One burger will probably cost $20 like in Scandinavian countries now.

But, our pay is..................

more good years ahead!!!

millions every year excluding 20+ months bonus.what inflation is there?

i want to be one of the pappies too!!!show me the $!!!!

Edited by Unidentified

you never see original post red font? policy induced.

Sure go up,the government keep giving HDB valuation going up, private proeprty will follow. Once property prices started going up, got money buy share and even buy car, where got problem when you get a good price for your property, no matter how expensives the car still got buyer..... Sure go up and up.

Who till now keep giving high valuations and keep saying they will build more houses and push down the COV. In the Army call LPPL

When the figure goes up and up the birth rate goes down and down....

Time to review policy as the current ones are becoming irrelevant and not effective.

Our domestic policy alone is causing the spike in inflation, imagine global inflation setting in in future years to come. What the Chinese calls "adding snow to the blizzard"....

Next GE at 2016 will be turning point for sgp.

What's the big surprise here? When demand-inelastic big ticket items like cars and property are on the up-and-up, it'd be shocking if we *didn't* have inflation.

Having said that, Singapore is sitting on a powder keg. One day the bubble will burst, no matter whether they try to cram in more FT to artificially inflate demand for everything. God help us all when that day comes. It's already come for Japan with noone expecting the property crash bloodbath.

Next GE at 2016 will be turning point for sgp.

Really? I have absolutely no faith in the ability of the majority of our population (to the tune of 60.1% or so) to make a rational decision in the best interest of the country (and themselves, really).

Really? I have absolutely no faith in the ability of the majority of our population (to the tune of 60.1% or so) to make a rational decision in the best interest of the country (and themselves, really).

We will just have to wait and see.

In theory not every buy cars.

So COE should not be included.

Then I believe we will be seeing negative inflation!!

Then housing should be excluded too.

Turbocharged

We will just have to wait and see.

Yeah. I can't wait for 2016. Need another kick up the ass, driver dozing off again. [laugh]

Housing everyone MUST stay or RENTAL.

But cars not everyone buys and own.

I agree if they use public transport/taxi fares as the CPI index.

But COE and cars prices do not affect everyone directly, if you don't buy a vehicle.

Turbocharged

Housing everyone MUST stay or RENTAL.

But cars not everyone buys and own.

I agree if they use public transport/taxi fares as the CPI index.

But COE and cars prices do not affect everyone directly, if you don't buy a vehicle.

It will feedback thru biz costs. How not to account for it. Just like not everyone take buses/ mrt. Goods delivery? Fisher Price electric cars?

Companies having large fleets providing essential services will factor the high cost of buying the vehicles into their service prices.

Factories producing goods raises prices coz CEO wants to renew his merz, so up his selling price of raw materials.

The char kway teow seller also want to own a BMW, so charge you more and reduce quantity. It's a vicious cycle.

That is just a simple illustration. If you involve the complex chain with oil cartels included, it's a race upwards among each other.

Everyone will be pointing the finger at the other due to "rising costs".

Hypersonic

In theory not every buy cars.

So COE should not be included.

Then I believe we will be seeing negative inflation!!

Then have to exclude everything. Not everything everybody buys. -_-

There'll never be negative inflation. Petrol price go up will cause everything from utility to transport to food to increase.

↡ Advertisement