Accident in the cte tunnel

Aj5122003

Twincharged

of all the fuels, which has the highest flashpoint?

1) CNG

2) Petrol

3) Diesel?

Should be diesel. Quite hard to get diesel to catch fire. Ever throw a matchstick on a puddle of diesel before and it extinguished the flame from the matchstick.

Yup. If not how you get combustion?

oh yeah.

forgot simple chemistry.

but is car exhaust complete or incomplete combustion?

Twincharged

oh yeah.

forgot simple chemistry.

but is car exhaust complete or incomplete combustion?

Incomplete. That is why the exhaust will have soot and surrounding area will turn black over time. If complete combustion should be all gases produced only IIRC.

Incomplete. That is why the exhaust will have soot and surrounding area will turn black over time. If complete combustion should be all gases produced only IIRC.

complete will give out CO2

incomplete will give out CO

Twincharged

complete will give out CO2

incomplete will give out CO

Will have nitrogen oxides for incomplete as well. Cuz you are not giving your engine pure oxygen. If the combustion is really bad then you'll get soot as well cuz some of the carbon is still left behind. Can't remember much already. All learnt a few years back in sec sch.

Will have nitrogen oxides for incomplete as well. Cuz you are not giving your engine pure oxygen. If the combustion is really bad then you'll get soot as well cuz some of the carbon is still left behind. Can't remember much already. All learnt a few years back in sec sch.

i dont know about nitrogen.

but if i remember correctly, soot is formed when there is too little oxygen. and gives of carbon monoxide also.

if there is enough oxygen, its complete and gives out carbon dioxide and water

Twincharged

i dont know about nitrogen.

but if i remember correctly, soot is formed when there is too little oxygen. and gives of carbon monoxide also.

if there is enough oxygen, its complete and gives out carbon dioxide and water

Nitrogen is in the air 70% of the air is nitrogen. It will also react when it enters the engine to form some oxides of nitrogen. If there is enough oxygen then the byproducts would be cardon dioxide and water. If not enough oxygen then carbon monoxide also produced. If even lesser oxygen then the carbon that is not able to react with any oxygen will come out as soot.

Edited by Nzy

Fire in the tunnel is a very dangerous accident. Dun play play. Good call to close off the tunnel. The fire will suck up all the oxygen, motorists may passed out upon entering tunnel.

Did you know that all underground road tunnels have ventilation shafts working 24/7?

Neutral Newbie

I think average a cab will travel around 400km a day. Should be 146000 a year.

Eermm i think should be average 700km a day... Im a part time cabbie already average 400 plus km on a 12 hrs shift.

↡ Advertisement