What is the rated horse power of E200ML ?

WML888

I noticed there are 2 different types of engine block design for E200ML :

1) One with a stainless steel bar across the engine block (printed with Mercedes)

2) The other type has NO stainless steel bar across the engine block (just the Logo close to the engine oil inlet)

Anyone know the difference ? ie : Any horsepower difference ? Or one is newer than the other ?post-109560-1335243184_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

1) One with a stainless steel bar across the engine block (printed with Mercedes)

2) The other type has NO stainless steel bar across the engine block (just the Logo close to the engine oil inlet)

Anyone know the difference ? ie : Any horsepower difference ? Or one is newer than the other ?

post-109560-1335243407_thumb.jpg

1 is the older model the pre fl and the other is the E 200k. The pre fl

model called E 200 ML is 163 BHP and the fl E200k is 184 BHP.

Thanks Bro.

I asked, because I owned a pre-FL May'06 E200ML, engine block is Type 2 (rated 184hp), car from authorized distributor.

Therefore, I concluded that pre-FL E200ML came with 2 different engine power ratings. The last batch pre-FL E200ML comes with 184hp.

Lets see what other findings from other members.

Thanks Bro.

I asked, because I owned a pre-FL May'06 E200ML, engine block is Type 2 (rated 184hp), car from authorized distributor.

Therefore, I concluded that pre-FL E200ML came with 2 different engine power ratings. The last batch pre-FL E200ML comes with 184hp.

Lets see what other findings from other members.

Bro, how's your merc? There's a E200ML at about $12k+ depreciation on sgcarmart. Wonder what the power rating of this merc is. Would you recommend that I consider this car? Looks new and low mileage. In built GPS too...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...495&DL=1400

Twincharged

i was told that E200ML has power lack and high FC as compared to E200K.

is that true?

Actually 163 Bhp is 'more than enough' for our roads,only downpoint of this engine are 'quite noisy & rough'.

i was told that E200ML has power lack and high FC as compared to E200K.

is that true?

Yes... ML is under-powered whereas the K is just adquate

Bro, how's your merc? There's a E200ML at about $12k+ depreciation on sgcarmart. Wonder what the power rating of this merc is. Would you recommend that I consider this car? Looks new and low mileage. In built GPS too...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...495&DL=1400

Go for the K model if budget allows... its got keyless, more horses and facelifted inside and outside

Twincharged

Yes... ML is under-powered whereas the K is just adquate

0-100km/h in 8.5 secs you said is under-powered.???I think you need,E-55 AMG.!

Never believe the manufacturer's claim... [laugh] this car cant do below 10 seconds for sure.

sometimes its not just about 0-100 thingy.

we need 0-100 to be smooth and best, quietly and rapidly hit the numbers.

i think the ML is noisy and rough thus, it is quite unpleasant.

Twincharged

Anyway all Mercedes in line 4,from the late 60's [M-115],to the 80's[M-102],90's[M-111],are not smooth & sound rough..even their in line 6[M-110] to [M-103/4] are not that smooth either,compare with BMW's units.

Yes I agree that Mercedes 4 cylinder petrol engines are very noisy and are not inspiring at all when revved hard. However, they are extremely reliable and hardy.

I agree, and also about the gear shift smoothness up and down gear when you accelarate and decelerate. Some car step on brake and upon immediate acceleration, its jerks hard.

If only good sprint but not smooth, can vomit in start stop traffic.

Sat in a WRX before, feel like vomit as the passenger but I guess for as the driver, its shiok.

Definitely not just about the 0-100.

Twincharged

Yes I agree that Mercedes 4 cylinder petrol engines are very noisy and are not inspiring at all when revved hard. However, they are extremely reliable and hardy.

Reliable.?the M-111,wire harness always fail,older M102,head gasket always leak...despite repaired by C&C.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know the difference ? ie : Any horsepower difference ? Or one is newer than the other ?

Bro, it's purely 'academic' to know the Hp, why?

Pls allow me to explain. Used to own a C63 AMG 'Sports pack' & Merc literature states that it's producing 487Hp! However

when i had ride Dyno for 'Base Run' (need to know actual HP/Torque figures before changing exhaust & remap to guage improvements),

was shocked that it's showing a friggin punny 395HP! Mind you, it's ' Uncorrected' figures which means the figures quoted fm Merc is crank

& there's machiam 20+% of transmission loss fm Engine quoted HP versus WHEELS HP.

↡ Advertisement