Heartbreaking story of acountry we no longr call home

Relacklabrudder

Turbocharged

farking long winded writer [sleeping]

I gave up halfway. Anyone got summary what he is writting about?

The first half summary is

Uncle share lunch with malay colleague. Malay colleague buy 400k flat.

what happens after that???

↡ Advertisement

Why - does the colour of my IC make opinion any more or less correct?

until it is pink, you are gaming the system. your reluctance to convert makes me question your intentions. Until you take the appropriate actions, everything you say is merely just that, talk.

I dont believe I need to explain much more.

Turbocharged

until it is pink, you are gaming the system. your reluctance to convert makes me question your intentions. Until you take the appropriate actions, everything you say is merely just that, talk.

I dont believe I need to explain much more.

Heh - I'm on an internet message board - anything we all say is just talk [:p]

Heh - I'm on an internet message board - anything we all say is just talk [:p]

good point. how about you take a photo of your pink ic and show us on the internet message board?

Turbocharged

good point. how about you take a photo of your pink ic and show us on the internet message board?

Again, what difference does it make? does it change my opinion?

does it change what I have said?

does it change the way I have behaved?

Or are you just a stupid xenophobe?

Again, what difference does it make? does it change my opinion?

does it change what I have said?

does it change the way I have behaved?

Or are you just a stupid xenophobe?

No to all of the above.

that's exactly the point. until you have opened your eyes, the xenophone may just be you.

My mistake in calaculating the $272k profit that can be earn by selling it by $640k. I forgot about the COV part. With the premium location and very high floor, with seaview to boot if south facing, it could easily demand a COV of 100k! So, would you want to complain or ask pity by sharing this story? Hokkien say, kiam pah lah!

Overall, it is a self-pawned story to bring home some feeble self-serving point.

the story did highlight sell-high, buy-high, so it is only paper profit :D

Firstly, did anyone bother to check on the authenticity of the story? As someone has remarked, his english is definitely too powerful for a rank and file staff. Like that, can easily find a much better paying job somewhere already!

And do you know that in Sept 2011, a similar flat of 94sqm between 11 and 15 storey at blk 221B in Bedok Central was transacted at S$640,000? (HDB offical database, http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTI...3SSearchWidget) If the owner has bought it at $368,000, he would have pocketed a COOL profit of S$272,000 as of now. Maybe he can't sell it now due to minimum occupancy requirment, but imagine his profit in time to come, given that HDB prices can only go up and up.

So do you still think he deserve any pity?

And for those who never buy HDB brand new, it is common for new flats to be pricier if they are not taken during initiel launch and are resold later on. My colleague told me his flat is > $100k compare to his immediate neighbour because he bought from HDB 1.5 years after his neighbour. Did he complain? No. Because he know he is getting at a bargain compare to resale flats nearby and could earn a big profit should he want to sell.

So, please use your brain and think a bit when given his kind of trash talk and sob story. This is what a minority of the 40% try to behave most of the time as they are so sore by their defeat that they are willing to swallow whatever nonsense constantly being churned out by the TRE and the like to justify their cause. Use your brain, please.

Sometimes, I feel TREmeritus, Temasek Times are too toxic, poisoning all local's mind into so negative thinking. While I do agree that that there is some truth, the fact is that gahmen do try to make things work, be it for better or for worse. Singapore is presented in a unique situation and someone has to do something about it, rather than being rhetoric and whining about it.... Now you start too see trivial things like don't get seat at a restaurant also complain, Korean company advertising job for Korean also complain.... WTF.....

This only show one thing. That Sporeans like to cry and complain. The government built high quality HDB flats and all u guys do is to complain. Cmon, for lowly paid workers, if they are willing to work, there is such a thing called CPF housing grant and Additional CPF grant .. both grant u up to S$80,000. Cmon, this is not enough? Still wan to whine and stay bungalow? Want to stay bungalow please do so in Malaysia where I am staying. But there is no such thing as pay thru CPF hor, no CPF grant hor. Nothing in Malaysia. Only land for you to die. But at least u die in a bigger space, la.

No one here will accept their HDB flat prices to fall. Some will accept it to be flat. Most still want it to raise.

The problem is caused by the fact that everyone selling resale flats are pegging it to the base price of HDB, which is always rising.

It's often because of:

a) Shortsightedness

b) Selfishness

c) Greed

However, the gahmen can and should do what is necessary to tweak the system for e.g.:

1) place workable/appropriate terms and conditions to REALLY SUBSIDISED FLAT (for heaven's sake - NOT MARKET SUBSIDY lah)

2) restrict foreigners (solely PRs buyers) from purchasing such flats

3) restrict those PRs who are already owners from renting out their flats

4) disallow resale for by PR to another PR (for those who have already bought their flats) to prevent further speculation etc.. etc...

As a Singaporean, it doesn't make any difference whether the value of HDB flat goes up or down since it's meant as a shelter and not meant for speculation.

Sometimes, it's better to bite the bullet NOW for the good of our future generation than to only think of HOW IT WILL AFFECT ME TODAY!!! Each of us will have to ask:

HOW WILL IT AFFECT THE GENERATION OF FUTURE SINGAPOREANS if indeed we are concern about Singapore and our future generations well being.

Since you had seen the good times in the 70s/80s, I figure you may remember how the gahmen used to introduced non populist policy for the greater good BUT WITHOUT BEING MERCENARY!!! [smash] right?

Today, they seem to introduce populist policies BUT AT THE SAME TIME BEING MERCENARY for the lesser good!!! [smash]

I'm very tired discussing such matters. I hope to stop making further unnecessary posts which makes me seem like a whiner rather than one who is very concern about what Singapore will turn out to be for the future generations.

My generation had had the benefit of good governance in the past and should not have any complaints. However, if there is any, it is unlikely to be for personal reason BUT for the benefit of future generations of Singapore.

However, the gahmen (KBW & Co) seem to see HDB as a $$$ spinner!! [smash] just as it is for most other ministries and therefore do not seem to have the motivation to do what need be done to correct the bad system which only emanated over the last 1-2 decades.

Enough lah. Just leave it to the powers that be to sort this out and decide which ones we should go for in the NEXT ROUND which will very much depend on the end result between now and then.

Gotta go. [wave]

actually I see there is a coherent agreement between all parties. The objective is economic progress or achievement. No one from any side disputes that. The question is should that be the only objective? it would be good if the WP MPs can take this fight in parliament and not let the the current policies run all over us.

you are right, there is a cost to everything. I can only guess that the current infrastructure hiccups are only a small blip in their overall grand plan. plus, the fact that we will be deemed as spoilt whiners.

What makes you think the WP MPs are any better? After the elections, what have they done except to sit on their butts? Have they even stood up for any issue? They are just sitting pretty in their masquerade, no different from the powers that be. They should be given a big kick in the groin, or where it hurts the most.

What makes you think the WP MPs are any better? After the elections, what have they done except to sit on their butts? Have they even stood up for any issue? They are just sitting pretty in their masquerade, no different from the powers that be. They should be given a big kick in the groin, or where it hurts the most.

they have stood up to issues what, but they also cannot solve. all politicians in parliament should be kicked in the balls.

Sometimes, I feel TREmeritus, Temasek Times are too toxic, poisoning all local's mind into so negative thinking. While I do agree that that there is some truth, the fact is that gahmen do try to make things work, be it for better or for worse. Singapore is presented in a unique situation and someone has to do something about it, rather than being rhetoric and whining about it.... Now you start too see trivial things like don't get seat at a restaurant also complain, Korean company advertising job for Korean also complain.... WTF.....

tre or temasek times are crap. easy to bitch. the govt of course try to make things work, but it is always too little too late. this pap govt is not like the ones our parents had. transport and housing. 2 main pillars of their social contract and they cannot manage. what social contract next for them to screw up? cpf and medical.

Serves the Sinkie right...

everytime I post something ....as a hint to wake them up ..they argue, report and flame back...

Ppl here that run the forum termed it as political...

10 years ago...I calculated that those who had reached a earning of $3000 per month with a small family will have difficulty coping especially if they had older parents and even siblings who they had to look after...

How could I be wrong...

Even with much larger amount of money earned per month...I could see the expenditure involved and the increased inflation that would need to be factored in.

Plus the type of ruling system that collect $$ anywhere from every little corner makes the place expensive for business ( which will pass on the cost) to operate and the outrageous medical cost if one need quality medical care.

Sinkland inflation cost is not felt after over a few years to make a difference...

It only takes a few months here...

I think most Sinkie deserve to suffer their own fate....and cannot say...life has been unfair to them...

they got only themselves to blame... :D

they have stood up to issues what, but they also cannot solve. all politicians in parliament should be kicked in the balls.

39.9% "enlightened" people think they are saviour....

Serves the Sinkie right...

I think most Sinkie deserve to suffer their own fate....and cannot say...life has been unfair to them...

they got only themselves to blame... :D

bro, democracy is just. we get the government we voted in / deserve

↡ Advertisement