How do you gesture "I'm sorry" on road?

Kazuo

Neutral Newbie

It sound really easy but if you really think about it, it is pretty challenging to show a gesture that can be recognise within a quick glance.

I got into this situation where I wanted to filter left to the inner lane. I flick my signal left and moved my car slightly almost instantly. I strongly believe I am still within my lane.

Unfortunately, there is this bike which was very close to me. I think I scared and angry him that he swerve away slightly while keep revving his bike to show his displease.

Even though I don't think I am completely in the wrong, I gesture to him to acknowledge and that I'm sorry by lifting my hand, palm facing him, just like how people show thank you acknowledgement.

I think because he need to lookout for traffic as well, he did really catch what message I am trying to pass thru. I believe he thought I am showing some gesture to taunt him which is why trigger his latter action. When he got a clear path ahead in his lane, he turned to me and point me his middle finger while speeding away.

His action doesn't really anger me much but kinda amuse me. No need to explain why.

Anyway, how do you give an apologetic gesture?

The usual 'saluting' like gesture requires long attention span to really know that you are apologising.

↡ Advertisement

The usual 'saluting' like gesture requires long attention span to really know that you are apologising.

jz salute to the other with a smile...... [thumbsup]

Like dat lor.

post-100649-1335356253_thumb.jpg

[rifle]

I wonder this type of Spam is auto or some idiot registering and post it here.

Anyway why waste time, no one will want to bother what the fcuk they post!!!

It sound really easy but if you really think about it, it is pretty challenging to show a gesture that can be recognise within a quick glance.

I got into this situation where I wanted to filter left to the inner lane. I flick my signal left and moved my car slightly almost instantly. I strongly believe I am still within my lane.

Unfortunately, there is this bike which was very close to me. I think I scared and angry him that he swerve away slightly while keep revving his bike to show his displease.

Even though I don't think I am completely in the wrong, I gesture to him to acknowledge and that I'm sorry by lifting my hand, palm facing him, just like how people show thank you acknowledgement.

I think because he need to lookout for traffic as well, he did really catch what message I am trying to pass thru. I believe he thought I am showing some gesture to taunt him which is why trigger his latter action. When he got a clear path ahead in his lane, he turned to me and point me his middle finger while speeding away.

His action doesn't really anger me much but kinda amuse me. No need to explain why.

You did the right gesture to show you are apologetic.

He also did the right gesture to show displeasure. [laugh]

You did the right gesture to show you are apologetic.

He also did the right gesture to show displeasure. [laugh]

I concur.

Your gesture is correct. I do that too.

what u did was enough, its the proper sign of sorry.

what the biker was assholic, coz he knew u said sorry already, but he just decided to go ahead and show u the birdy to show displeasure lor.

some people say sorry also not enough one.

Next time carry a sign saying "Sorry I'm not gay" and flash to ppl who show middle finger.. Self pwn themself [knife][laugh]

tats good enuff really.

talk about the "sorry" sign. I once encountered a car who swerved into my lane while i was going straight. Since I wasn't going fast and had slightly some time to react, I slowed down and let him in. He then showed me the international peace sign - the 2-finger sign. Kind of new to me, but i guess that's another way of saying sorry? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement