Are there any real medical subsidy for kids?

Blackyv

Turbocharged

Have not visited kk for years and with my 5yrs old Sonny having high fever up and down for more than a week with 3 times gp visit, decided to drop by kk and holy s--t.. $90 already... (use to be like $65 or $70??)... And the best part, written on the receipt garmen grant is only $10.... meaning Singaporean kid is only paying $10 lesser than others?..

No wonder they say raising kid is expensive... [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Have not visited kk for years and with my 5yrs old Sonny having high fever up and down for more than a week with 3 times gp visit, decided to drop by kk and holy s--t.. $90 already... (use to be like $65 or $70??)... And the best part, written on the receipt garmen grant is only $10.... meaning Singaporean kid is only paying $10 lesser than others?..

I thought A and e is flat rate everywhere? FT and local alike?

So gahment fault again? Ppl must spend their baby bonus wisely. Always asking for subsidy, ppl with no children will become very upset. LOL...

Since you decide to have children it's better to depend on your own means rather dan rely on somebody else. Ppl can always ignore you & welcome immigrants.

Neutral Newbie

last august i fetch my wife to "Kill The People" Hospital A&E ard 11pm, cos of broken blood vessel in eye. quote me admin $80 n must wait half hour [furious] but decide drive to Mount Alvernia Hospital which i usually send my son to, in 5 mins see senior doctor n fees only $40+. if i dun remember wronly, after 12pm there is sub-charge of $20 only.

last august i fetch my wife to "Kill The People" Hospital A&E ard 11pm, cos of broken blood vessel in eye. quote me admin $80 n must wait half hour [furious] but decide drive to Mount Alvernia Hospital which i usually send my son to, in 5 mins see senior doctor n fees only $40+. if i dun remember wronly, after 12pm there is sub-charge of $20 only.

Wah good heads-up! Should go mt alvernia nx time....hopefully those who visit g hospital wont go mt vernon later!

Supersonic

sure boh subsidy onli $10? when i had to sent my kid to the A&E a few mths back, i paid $90 but the receipt say $180 but ah gong subsidise $90.

confirm pay less than ur sex change op lah. :D

cos confirm see u less mah....cannot milk $$$ fr u....gonna go up lorry soon

Turbocharged

sure boh subsidy onli $10? when i had to sent my kid to the A&E a few mths back, i paid $90 but the receipt say $180 but ah gong subsidise $90.

sure boh subsidy $90 for your case? Kk leh, not ktv hor.. I have the receipt right infront of me and yes garmen grant $10 only leh.. If your stated $90 garmen grant , that mean those subsidies are just numbers and not real one since can anyhow hentam but the final payment still the same $90.. ... [laugh]

Last Sept got a wound infection on my left foot and swollen like pig leg. Almost cannot walk already.

Went to company doctor at Clementi, he said need surgery and refer me to NUH.

Reached NUH at about 2pm , quote me $80 and becos no bleeding, had to wait about 4 hrs as it's not emergency.

If surgery required, need to wait for few days.

Straight away took a cab and went to Mount Alvernia. Reached Mount Alvernia A&E ard 3pm for treatment. Charges only $30 plus nia.

Admiited straight away and watching TV in my ward at 4pm.

Surgery schedule at 9 pm on that day. Very fast and good services. This is my first admission into a hosital.

Edited by Mahjong74

U want more subsidy? the A&Es are already overloaded at 85-100 dollar charges.

A&E is very wuhua if u suffer something super jialat then value for $.

If u go for simple stuff, then of course its boh hua.

Edited by Lala81

Go Mount A A&E better, faster and cheaper somemore.

I gave up on KK liao since that one time my kid have stomach ache, thought KK is the best choice, went around 11pm, knn wait close to 2hr nevermind but still doctor don't know what happened, wait till morning a senior doctor come around and say it's constipation only. eat medicine can go home liao.

from then on, i just go Mount A, their A&E very fast, within 15-30min can see doctor liao. charge i think is much cheaper than KK but forget how much is it.

Go Mount A A&E better, faster and cheaper somemore.

I gave up on KK liao since that one time my kid have stomach ache, thought KK is the best choice, went around 11pm, knn wait close to 2hr nevermind but still doctor don't know what happened, wait till morning a senior doctor come around and say it's constipation only. eat medicine can go home liao.

from then on, i just go Mount A, their A&E very fast, within 15-30min can see doctor liao. charge i think is much cheaper than KK but forget how much is it.

is zi because Mount A have lesser patient that is why it is faster?

is zi because Mount A have lesser patient that is why it is faster?

Don't think so but i think they are more professional, efficient with more doctors around. KK is total rubbish. unless your kids very serious condition, i think Mount A is very efficient.

↡ Advertisement