Where to find Good Mee Goreng?

Neutralsg

Ask you come our MU you dowan.

What MU??? Never sms me.

Next time. Me going melaka next next week and was discussing wif wifey last nite how many bottles of chincalok to buy!!! Will look out for the stall u indicated.

PUKI Lu! Orang Ahjil! SATAN! [laugh] [laugh] I kind of expected this to come up. [laugh] [laugh]

Even ur scolding is typical of a peranakan!!! [laugh]

Supercharged

Did you have a go at the dry mee siam and rendang at the last MU?

You should learn from your mum. Bro. our culture and tradition cannot be lost.

Yeah...I make my wife wear kerbaya. CHAN TAK!! [laugh]:wub:

yup, i tried your dry mee sian and rendang.... amazing you did those

i already have the idea of taking video of my mom doing all the preparation of each dish, so that i can refer to in the future...... [:p]

somehow my mom doesn't make the peranakan food she used to cook, because my dad suffered from heart attack and had bypass surgery. so alot of her food is kind of bland now. low salt, low sugar.... taste not the same anymore.

but as you know, peranakan food takes hell lots of time to prepare and cook. the rampa itself is a chore.

one thing i swear to learn from her is her balachan chilli.... It's damm POWER.

Supercharged

What MU??? Never sms me.

Next time. Me going melaka next next week and was discussing wif wifey last nite how many bottles of chincalok to buy!!! Will look out for the stall u indicated.

Heard that you are kinda of overweight now, right? still wan to eat all these rich food?

How is it that I get the feeling the taste of your Peranakan food is highly likely better than Peramakan, Cili Padi restaurants. :D

Do you prepare wet mee siam too? If so, does it include asam (tamarind juice)?

Sorry to OT from the thread but discussing preparation of such local food is simply too tempting to miss.

As regard mee goreng, I'll collate the info available and post it here later for the benefit of those with same yen for good mee goreng.

bro sorry! the clementi market is closed for renovation.... [bigcry][bigcry] went there just now and saw the big sign..."Market closed for 8 month"

Heard that you are kinda of overweight now, right? still wan to eat all these rich food?

Slightly overweight. Measuring 93-94kg. Recently dropped to 91-92kg.

Once in a while eat is ok lah. I really miss a good plate of mee goreng too. Cant wait for TS to review.

I already have the sense that you are a peranakan person when i read your above post (you mentioned "rampa"). I'm a peranankan too!! LOL

but i cant cook lah.... my mother is a good cook, but i'm not talented to learn from her. LOL

He already declared "I'm Peranakan" in this post lah.

Anyway, even if you cannot cook for now, it is advisable to ask your mum for whatever receipe you can get before it is lost forever, in view of the disappearing elders.

Yes bro, the Mee Rubus MUST die die have "kambing lemak" if not, forget it. I don't eat out bro. all self cooked, my food doesn't go into such, as it's always meat and no veggie, (Primal) such is only a "Once in a blue moon" or as requested by my family.

Cincalok two places. Malacca, not Jonkers, but the little stall just next to the Chinese Temple after Jonker's street. (passable)

Penang will be Chowrasta Market, from the bus stop, the second stall on the right. I get my balachan from them, and also my

buah keluak. If I run out of balachan, they will send via mail to me. Old customer lah. [blush] (I normally will buy 10-15 sticks, can last me a very long time) Buah keluak, I got like 500 pieces the last time I went. [laugh] Hard to find here and expensive as well.

Now MCF change to "My Cooking Forum" [laugh]

So, cincalok no longer avail in SG? Any idea about JB. Penang is too far and can only consider Malacca (but must be well packed and refrigerated) for a quick trip.

Cooking forum may be apt for you lah but not for most of us who don't cook as often or even cannot cook lah. Anyway, the posts in this section tend to be 'cooler' than those in Lite & Easy and as a result less cause for hypertension.:D

I'm actually quite surprised that there are many who seemed interested in such topic! [thumbsup]

Anyway, thanks for the info provided. [flowerface]

No bro,. there is always another mountain higher. Practice and passion makes good food. :D

Yes indeed! Besides proper ingredients and procedures. Problem is the difficulty to get good ingredients like chillies as it used to be. Further, cooking with charcoal which is not usually possible now (unless you have the right premise to do so) do have its advantage in bringing out the better taste and aroma than cooking with gas due to its better heating process.

Supercharged

Slightly overweight. Measuring 93-94kg. Recently dropped to 91-92kg.

Once in a while eat is ok lah. I really miss a good plate of mee goreng too. Cant wait for TS to review.

91-92kg???!!!

bro, i'm only 70kg, and i look lean and fit.

add another 20 kg to become 91-92 kg, that must be lots of fats in there...... [laugh][laugh] . 20 kg is like our SAF fullpack.......

bro sorry! the clementi market is closed for renovation.... [bigcry][bigcry] went there just now and saw the big sign..."Market closed for 8 month"

Oooh! Thank you so much for the update! [thumbsup] Otherwise would have made a futile trip weekend.

Have a great weekend bro! [wave]

So, cincalok no longer avail in SG?

Available. Saw it at Seng Siong. Wanted to buy but too many brands to choose from. So put back on the shelve. No taste testing allowed.

What MU??? Never sms me.

Cincalok don't buy too many bottles. If not kept in the fridge, it will bloat with gas and gush out when you open the cap.

So best remember that. I told many Nonys, they don't believe me, until they kana then kumsiah me too late.

No matter what, rampa is not rampa unless you tomblot it. Blender and food process cmi.

yup, i tried your dry mee sian and rendang.... amazing you did those

i already have the idea of taking video of my mom doing all the preparation of each dish, so that i can refer to in the future...... [:p]

somehow my mom doesn't make the peranakan food she used to cook, because my dad suffered from heart attack and had bypass surgery. so alot of her food is kind of bland now. low salt, low sugar.... taste not the same anymore.

but as you know, peranakan food takes hell lots of time to prepare and cook. the rampa itself is a chore.

one thing i swear to learn from her is her balachan chilli.... It's damm POWER.

↡ Advertisement